X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

9V-SBE is the next one to be deleased.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
      Why don't you do it and contribute to this community instead of asking someone else?
      I'd love to but I don't keep as much of a track on MI's fleet like I would with SQ. First off, how many A319 and A320 are in service with MI? I will try to help on the specifics later.

Comment

Originally posted by Scooter001 View Post
        9V-SBE is the next one to be deleased.
        When is SBE getting deleased? It's still flying many routes.

Comment

Silkair Fleet

SILKAIR FLEET & ORDERS (UPDATED 26 MAY 2018)

Airbus A319-100

In Service: 3
          Seating: 8J/120Y

- 9V-SBE
          - 9V-SBG
          - 9V-SBH

Airbus A320-200

In Service: 9
          Seating: 12J/138Y

- 9V-SLG
          - 9V-SLJ
          - 9V-SLL
          - 9V-SLM
          - 9V-SLO
          - 9V-SLP
          - 9V-SLQ
          - 9V-SLR
          - 9V-SLS

Boeing 737-800

In Service: 17
          Seating: 12J/150Y

- 9V-MGA
          - 9V-MGB
          - 9V-MGC
          - 9V-MGD
          - 9V-MGE
          - 9V-MGF
          - 9V-MGG
          - 9V-MGH
          - 9V-MGI
          - 9V-MGJ
          - 9V-MGK
          - 9V-MGL
          - 9V-MGM
          - 9V-MGN
          - 9V-MGO
          - 9V-MGP
          - 9V-MGQ

Boeing 737-8 MAX

In Service: 5
          On Order: 32
          Seating: 12J/144Y

- 9V-MBA
          - 9V-MBB
          - 9V-MBC
          - 9V-MBD
          - 9V-MBE

Total

In Service: 34
          On Order: 32

Comment

What will happen to USM route when all A319s are return?

Comment

Originally posted by happyflyer View Post
              I think the 737 can go there. Thai send a 747-400 so in theory the 737-800 should be able to go as well.

Comment

Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
                I think the 737 can go there. Thai send a 747-400 so in theory the 737-800 should be able to go as well.
                I checked Thai is using B737-400 and not the Queen of the Sky B747-400 which will be too big.

As B737-800 is longer than B737-400, there will be restriction on the takeoff weight if B737-800 is used in the route to USM. So, the plane may not be fully loaded. My quick check probably indicates a MTOW 140,000 pounds for this to work instead of the plane design MTOW 144,500–187,700 pounds.

Comment

Sorry I did mean the 737-400. Wrong button. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by happyflyer View Post
                    Like I had mentioned in another thread, I wonder if this route could be transferred to Scoot.

Comment

Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
                      Like I had mentioned in another thread, I wonder if this route could be transferred to Scoot.
                      Scoot will also most likely be retiring its A319/A320 fleet as the new A320neos come in. Could the A320neos possibly do USM?

Comment

Is there a plan to lengthen the runway at USM? The runway length restriction at USM actually is a natural barrier of entry to the AirAsia group or any LCC that flies A320, thus keeping the fare to USM higher than that to surrounding airports.

I think an aircraft which will be perfect for USM if the runway is not lengthened would be Bombardier CS300.

Comment

Originally posted by davidfusq View Post
                          I checked Thai is using B737-400 and not the Queen of the Sky B747-400 which will be too big.

As B737-800 is longer than B737-400, there will be restriction on the takeoff weight if B737-800 is used in the route to USM. So, the plane may not be fully loaded. My quick check probably indicates a MTOW 140,000 pounds for this to work instead of the plane design MTOW 144,500–187,700 pounds.
                          Off-topic, but TG is going to cancel its USM route when its 2 B734s are retired later this year. TG will instead code-share on PG. Looks like the A320s are still not allowed to fly to USM despite being only a short domestic flight.
                          My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

Originally posted by davidfusq View Post
                            Is there a plan to lengthen the runway at USM? The runway length restriction at USM actually is a natural barrier of entry to the AirAsia group or any LCC that flies A320, thus keeping the fare to USM higher than that to surrounding airports.

I think an aircraft which will be perfect for USM if the runway is not lengthened would be Bombardier CS300.
                            A runway extension seems unlikely as from what I see on Google Earth there are houses near the runway unless they want to relocate those houses. Bangkok Airways(owner of the airport) definitely wants to keep their dominance at USM airport with this runway restriction and their current fleet are mostly A319s which can fly easily to USM airport without restrictions. Even Thai Airways needs to codeshare with them(and not sending Thai Smile A320 there because of the restriction).
                            Last edited by maxc_20; 2 June 2018, 12:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
                              When is SBE getting deleased? It's still flying many routes.
                              I heard it's in August. They have already started work on the delease documentation.

Comment

Thanks FSJZ for the updates of SilkAir's fleet. Wish I could have helped too. Times have been busier than usual.

Comment

Working...
                                X