Changi mulls fast lane for top fliers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
    Swap you!. I'm the opposite, and hate it when some numpty opens up a perfectly good clear page and bangs a poxy stamp right in the middle of the page when there are plenty of half used pages they could use, thus meaning that page is no good for a visa.
    I'm completely with you, MAN Flyer. I would much rather avoid having my passport stamped--those pages are very valuable! Norwegian passports have too few pages, and unlike some other nationalities, you can't add more pages when they are filled up. Plus, it takes weeks to get a new passport, as the machine-readable ones are only made in Norway so all the paperwork needs to get sent there.

Comment

I risk getting jjpb3'd by US immigration...
      I'm not sure I'm liking that new verb!

After running out of pages quickly when I was travelling with a 60-page Philippine passport, and yes, having been jjpb3'd by US immigration, I prefer to have my passport relatively stamp-free for as long as possible. Pictures snapped during the trip and my BPs are more than sufficient to remind me of my journeys.
      ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

That's a totally different case altogether! I don't think I could ever finish 30 pages!

Comment

Originally posted by quik! View Post
          It's nice to have stamps on your passport, it's kinda like a nice log of where and when you've traveled. Now my passport's gonna be all blank.
          Ahh, the romanticism of recording your travels.

Swap you!. I'm the opposite,:
          Nowadays, I prefer to have very few stamps and those stamps should be from 'friendly' countries. I have had every page of my passport and the associated immigration stamps scrutinised. Thanks goodness I've never been jjpb3'ed of late.

Had it only once when going from LHR-AMS-Philadepphia en route to IAH. That was in 1987. Shocking how the US Customs treat the 'aliens' on the basis of their passport. I was that '-' close from being cavity searched. Phew. Afterall, it was a visit to my company HQ and my first ever US visit. That 'welcoming' experience traumatised me for a very long time.
          Last edited by SQFAN; 17 November 2007, 06:11 AM.

Comment

I must admit I do like a stamp in my passport and flicking back through them all on a quiet evening.

Comment

Wow, fast lane sounds cool. But I agree with most of the peeps here that immigration at Changi is a breeze. Has anyone experience long queue when disembarking from the A380?
              We put labels on people and fight wars over them. If we truly want harmony, we have to get past the labels.

Comment

I try to get the immigration people to put stamps on existing pages where possible. I go 'if you don't mind me troubling you, could you please stamp on page x.' Leads to some grumbling at times, but most are very cooperative. They usually understand when I tell them that I'm trying to save pages.

Then there are stamps which take up at least half a page or an entire page (eg Eire).
                All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
                  I try to get the immigration people to put stamps on existing pages where possible. I go 'if you don't mind me troubling you, could you please stamp on page x.'
                  I find an even better way is to simply staple pages together to stop them getting at them.

Comment

I find an even better way is to simply staple pages together to stop them getting at them.
                    Naughty.
                    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

I got told off once for doing that. This was at HKG immigration and they thought I was trying to hide something.
                      All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

I got told off for having a staple in my passport by US immigration at which point I had to point out them that it was their staple which they had used to attached that little green but of paper you have to return when leaving and I just hadn't bothered to remove it. Just got a firm answer back that next time I should bother to remove it.

Comment

I've been asked a grand total of once in god knows how many trips with stapled pages. I can't remember where it was and I told them why it was done and they were fine. If you just put one staple in the top corner they can still quite easily see those pages to see there is nothing on them.

Comment

I'm among those who collect passport stamps. In transit, I frequently dash into a country and right back out again just to get two more stamps. And I always ask for a stamp when returning to the US. I like to look at the log. And it was a point of pride when I had filled up a passport for the first time and had to go to the Embassy in London to get more pages added. I just got a new passport in February, and we'll see how long it takes me to fill it up and get some new pages. If I'm lucky, this book will be triple-thick before I'm done with it.

Comment

Originally posted by SQFAN View Post
                              ... Thanks goodness I've never been jjpb3'ed of late.
                              After having good record in entering the US immigration, a couple days ago I had to go to secondary checking at SFO. Thus my record shows SFO is where my chance of getting jjpb3'ed is very very high. What I could not understand was the fact that I got secondary because the officer thinks all Indonesian passport holder must go to secondary.
                              Fortunately, the line for secondary was very short. But those US stamps all over my passports gave the reason for the officer to question me. Anyway, when this secondary officer started to ask whether the visa is my first US visa, then I knew what's going on. I came out the room like walking in heaven, after the officer told me that I look very young compare to my real age.

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
                                After having good record in entering the US immigration, a couple days ago I had to go to secondary checking at SFO. Thus my record shows SFO is where my chance of getting jjpb3'ed is very very high. What I could not understand was the fact that I got secondary because the officer thinks all Indonesian passport holder must go to secondary.
                                Fortunately, the line for secondary was very short. But those US stamps all over my passports gave the reason for the officer to question me. Anyway, when this secondary officer started to ask whether the visa is my first US visa, then I knew what's going on. I came out the room like walking in heaven, after the officer told me that I look very young compare to my real age.
                                you are very young cgk!

Comment

Working...
                                X