Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SWISS to introduce non-stop Zurich-Singapore service

http://www.swiss.com/web/EN/about_sw..._20120926.aspx

Swiss International Air Lines (SWISS) will be adding Singapore to its route network in May of next year. The new long-haul destination, one of Asia’s prime business hubs, will receive daily non-stop service from Zurich using Airbus A340 equipment.

SWISS will be further expanding its range of air services to and from Asia next spring. The carrier will introduce daily non-stop flights between Zurich and Singapore on 12 May 2013.

Schedule:
    Zurich - Singapore LX 178 22:45 - 17:10 (the following day)
    Singapore - Zurich LX 179 23:05 - 06:10 (the following day)

The new flights will be bookable via swiss.com and all further reservations channels and outlets from 8 October.

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
    http://www.swiss.com/web/EN/about_sw..._20120926.aspx

Swiss International Air Lines (SWISS) will be adding Singapore to its route network in May of next year. The new long-haul destination, one of Asia’s prime business hubs, will receive daily non-stop service from Zurich using Airbus A340 equipment.

SWISS will be further expanding its range of air services to and from Asia next spring. The carrier will introduce daily non-stop flights between Zurich and Singapore on 12 May 2013.

Schedule:
    Zurich - Singapore LX 178 22:45 - 17:10 (the following day)
    Singapore - Zurich LX 179 23:05 - 06:10 (the following day)

The new flights will be bookable via swiss.com and all further reservations channels and outlets from 8 October.
    just about to post... sadly no more SIN-BKK
    visit my blog

Comment

Comment

Changi Airport Group welcomes return of SWISS

Changi Airport Group today warmly welcomed the announcement by Swiss International Air Lines (SWISS), the national carrier of Switzerland, of its return to Singapore Changi Airport with the introduction of a daily non-stop service between Zurich and Singapore starting from May 2013.

http://www.changiairport.com/our-bus...f-swiss-797342

Comment

The people at Changi have been working on this for a while now so they will be pleased to have finally got them back, and non stop as well.

Comment

Any idea which termainal they will use? LX used T2 is I am not wrong right? So I guess they will still use T2, may be co-share ith LH?

so the aircraft will be on the ground for 6 hours? why don't they do SIN-BKK-SIN in between
            visit my blog

Comment

Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
              Any idea which termainal they will use? LX used T2 is I am not wrong right? So I guess they will still use T2, may be co-share ith LH?

so the aircraft will be on the ground for 6 hours? why don't they do SIN-BKK-SIN in between
              My money is on T3. Seems to be the least utilized, especially since T2 is accommodating the BT airlines.

Comment

LX flew out of T1 before they suspended the route in April 2009.

It would make no sense for them to fly SIN-BKK-SIN because 1. They already fly a daily direct ZRH-BKK-ZRH service, 2. It'd mean backtracking quite a significant distance and 3. 6 hours on the ground wouldn't be ample time to run a tag on flight to most regional cities, except perhaps KUL.

Anyway, it's great LX have finally decided to come back. I've been hoping for this service ever since they left, and if all goes well, I'll finally have the chance to fly them come May. Good luck to them and I hope the route proves to be a winner.

Comment

Originally posted by ek&sq View Post
                  LX flew out of T1 before they suspended the route in April 2009.

It would make no sense for them to fly SIN-BKK-SIN because 1. They already fly a daily direct ZRH-BKK-ZRH service, 2. It'd mean backtracking quite a significant distance and 3. 6 hours on the ground wouldn't be ample time to run a tag on flight to most regional cities, except perhaps KUL.

Anyway, it's great LX have finally decided to come back. I've been hoping for this service ever since they left, and if all goes well, I'll finally have the chance to fly them come May. Good luck to them and I hope the route proves to be a winner.
                  May be SIN-CGK as LH stop to run this route?

I think LX will use the same facilities with LH as they are 1 group right?
                  visit my blog

Comment

There's too much competition on that route.

Comment

Hopefully they don't screw up the pricing...... I'm on SWISS next week via Bangkok and Zurich to hit Germany and UK.

The best thing I like is the single window seat in J, nobody to sit next to. Their IFE currently sucks though but the food and service make up for that so overall I am happy to use them again, second time in the last few months.

Comment

why don't they do SIN-BKK-SIN in between
                        KUL, third time lucky ?. Maybe they can just leave the aircraft on the ground for a few hours, like they do at BKK.

They will surely go wherever LH are like they do at most places, although LH are said to be considering moving to T3 themselves.

Comment

Wonder if SK is also planning a comeback...

Comment

Doubt it, they've just announced cutbacks to their BKK flights.

There are a few rumours knocking around about SQ and CPH, again.

Comment

Flights are now bookable on swiss.com
                              As expected, they will join LH at T2 in SIN.

May 17 - May 24, Singapore - Zürich - Singapore

SWISS
                              Economy S$1'383
                              Business S$6'033
                              First S$10'683

Singapore Airlines
                              Economy S$1'880
                              Business S$6'790
                              First S$12'122

Comment

Working...
                              X