Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Asia's First, Shining Through" on PR C (SIN-CGK-SIN)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Asia's First, Shining Through" on PR C (SIN-CGK-SIN)

Hi there,

It's been donkey ages since I posted a TR here. I guess many have even forgotten me

Anyway, I did this short trip during CNY and I had no expectation whatsoever about the product/services on board PR fleets, esp on their C Class during this short hop to CGK. PR doesn't really get a lot of publicity, thus it can be quite difficult to google for reviews. This TR will hopefully do some justice to PR

PR operates from T2 Changi, check-in counters are located somewhere near MI's.

Was issued an invitation to use SATS Premier Lounge

Can't remember the last time I stepped my foot here...the facade looks somewhat more modern now

There was only another single soul sharing the lounge with me...dead quiet. I wonder if this is normal..hmmm

A well stocked-up lounge

My pre-boarding brunch

The little bird A320 parked alongside big mama

Was told that there was no PTV, but this is not true. Not that it really matters as this was just a short flight.

The not so modern C class seats, but nonetheless very very comfy

...Continued

Absolute full Y class, but 6/12 only in C

Now, this is where the first impression counts! A steward came by and started greeting me using my name and offering me welcome drinks. I chose their signature mango smoothie which turned out to be absolute heaven. It was thick and very tasty

Then, the Safety Video started screening...I thought this was really good, catchy and easily remembered. SQ should really learn from competitors (+ the website too of course)

The headset was a bit of a let down though...very subpar quality

The plane just took off to a bright and sunny day...I just love the bright blue sky

Reading Materials on board....and yes, the far right is the Menu! PR does offer a proper Menu on this short flight

Hmm...table cloth, done 1 by 1....good

Let's see what we have in the menu

I opted for the Sea Bass...and expecting the full tray with everything in it (just like in the case of SQ/GA to CGK), PR serves starter tray first instead! This is getting very much like a long-haul flight setup...loved it.

I must say the tangy sauce goes very well with the prawn and pomelo. Good job PR...

Comment

...Continued

Curious with what "artisan bread" was, I ordered one and got this...very soft and tasty

A variety of condiments available

There comes the main course....it may look a little on the dry side, but the fish meat was very tender and juicy on the inside

Just when my tummy was about to explode, the crew came with a tray of fruits for passengers to select. The selection contained bananas, apples, grapes, pears and oranges. I didnt opt for the fruit as I was waiting for the sinful dessert

OK, it's not Haagen Daz...so what? And who says PR doesnt serve Haagen Daz? Wait for the return leg

The crew finished off the service with a warm towel service...about 30 mins prior to arrival at CGK.

With few minutes remaining before landing, I started to dig into their IFE

Not a bad selection considering the short flight. No blockbuster movies offered though as these are only available for med to long haul flights according to the crew.

Managed to purchase some diecasts too

Not only PR was on time, we arrived in CGK 15 mins ahead of the schedule. Kudos

Comment

...Continued

Was the return leg as good and smooth an experience as the previous flight? Let's find out soon

Check-in was fast at CGK, and the staff manning the check-in counter was obviously very senior. She greeted every pax with smile and light jokes that definitely cheered up the flying mood.

Lounge at CGK was Premier Loung...too (coincidentally the same name as the SIN lounge)

Having been to some of the handful lounges at CGK, I probably say that this one is above the average.

Flight on-time too, I headed straight to the plane for boarding

Senior purser greeted all passengers upon entering

I reckon PR should change their uniforms...a little too outdated for current fashion trend, dont u think?

Again, a load of 6/12 in C...and again, I chose the mango smoothie (just like the pax sitting next to me). It was truly delicious

Menu for today's flight:

See the word "Haagen Dazs" there? hehe....

This berrilicious stuff is indeed very yummy

I opted for their signature beef stew meal which the crew strongly recommended and it was one of the best beef stews i've ever had.

I skipped the fruit and ice cream as I was too full by the time I finished the meal. Just a coffee will do, please. The coffee was okay, but the mango chocolate next to it was heavenly! Does anyone know if we can get it in SG?

The flight again arrived ahead of the schedule.

1 word to describe PR: fantastic! I didnt know what to expect before, but now I look forward to more flights with PR. Great and attentive service, delicious and generous F&B on board. Have I done justice to PR by publishing this TR? I hope so...

Thanks for reading guys

Comment

Thanks for wonderful TR diecastdrool. Glad to know PR is working hard, since i mainly hear negative things about them. Once again, many thanks!!

Comment

Thanks diecastdrool! What a breath of fresh air! I was having indigestion on SQ's food!

Comment

Originally posted by sushiinSYD View Post
              Thanks for wonderful TR diecastdrool. Glad to know PR is working hard, since i mainly hear negative things about them. Once again, many thanks!!
              That's what I feared too before I flew with them. But all that changed the minute I stepped into the plane. The sincere and warm service that greeted every pax was very different from the "robotic" style I am used to..hehehe...no offence

Glad you enjoyed the TR

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
                Thanks diecastdrool! What a breath of fresh air! I was having indigestion on SQ's food!
                Hmmm, is SQ really that bad nowadays? I have heard nothing but bad news on SQ lately. Anyway, pleasure is all mine and thanks for reading

Comment

Thanks for sharing

Comment

Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Now I'm hungry. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

I liked this TR and I hope to give them a try one day. I'm a little apprehensive of less familiar foreign foods at first, but this looks safe enough to try. Relative newbie here when it comes to Filipino cuisine, I must admit

Comment

I've learnt a lot from your TR.
                          1. PR flies SIN-CGK
                          2. Nice lounge at Changi
                          3. A320 has seat back monitor unlike MI
                          4. The food looks more appetizing than MI / SQ regional
                          5. Is Choice Seat their "paid preferred seat" in Y?

Thanks for sharing

Comment

Thanks for the TR. Happy to know that PR is that good.

Priced a dummy booking on their webby. Its US$411 RT in C..

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                              I liked this TR and I hope to give them a try one day. I'm a little apprehensive of less familiar foreign foods at first, but this looks safe enough to try. Relative newbie here when it comes to Filipino cuisine, I must admit
                              Same here bro...totally alien when it comes to Filipino food, but I must admit it was good! Well, at least my choice was good

The beef stew tasted exactly the same as Chinese/Taiwanese style braised beef, so it is 100% safe (unless of course you're not into Chinese food)

Comment

Working...
                              X