Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Kampung" Guy Goes To See New Culinary Horizon, And He Like Them A Lot.... d(^.^)b

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dent@SUB View Post
    soarbeyondI cant't wait for your debut also...
    Japan indeed a very beautiful country....
    Haha , i've done the writing up . I am still figuring out which pictures to upload . I've got 24GB worth of pictures :X

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
      Could be wrong - but is that the Surabaya-Madura bridge?
      I think it can't be PEN, as it's a bit out of the way if the pilots were flying northeast.

Comment

Originally posted by Dent@SUB View Post
        Blue?? I think it's still green, special tone of green... Hard to describe it.... But it's like a pale dark green mix with blue... Can't find the exact word for this this color tone, but it's still green.
        If we look closer, on the seat cover's jaquart pattern, it's indeed a string of blue line can be seen, not just pure green.
        I think UMD is right. My recollection from before is that the seat used to be a little more green coloured than in your photo but I haven't really noticed since then. I do remember reading somewhere that the seating had been tweaked slightly - e.g. the seat made more grippy (i.e. less slippery) - and perhaps the colour was changed then.

Comment

I love the style of this report - looks like you had a great trip.

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
            I think UMD is right. My recollection from before is that the seat used to be a little more green coloured than in your photo but I haven't really noticed since then. I do remember reading somewhere that the seating had been tweaked slightly - e.g. the seat made more grippy (i.e. less slippery) - and perhaps the colour was changed then.
            This is what I mean.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/vk2gwk/4726097808/

It was definitely much greener before and the headrest was turquoise. I also remembered the bulkhead panel to be green rather than light beige color that Dent@SUB shows on his picture. Here is the picture I found on a.net which was taken when the product was launched the end of 2006. If you notice, the color of the seats for its B744 is actually alternating between green and blue.

I have to admit that my experience was only on the A330 so it could that CX had a slightly different color schemes for its A340.
            Last edited by UMD; 10 January 2011, 02:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
              I think it can't be PEN, as it's a bit out of the way if the pilots were flying northeast.
              Although the bridge design looks similar, that's definitely not the Penang bridge. I have a view of the Penang bridge from my condo and it doesn't look that green in Penang

Comment

I think the colour in question is 'teal'? Am enjoying this TR muchly, despite our thread starter's portrayal of being a kampung boy!

Comment

Enjoying the TR, and waiting for Bo Innovation.

Comment

I think it's almost turquoise like. Something like that

Ooh lots of feet in this report. Kampung boy has lots of shots of those!
                    Yeah.... that's the right tone color... turquoise...

A lot of feet???? Nah... nothing to compare to the "Jessica's" nice and polished nail feet...

Originally posted by blast-off View Post
                    I'm In....
                    Any one else in...???

Nice TR as always. Not all kampung boys get to fly J ya know

Is that bridge in Indonesia? Looks a bit like the PEN bridge
                    Could be wrong - but is that the Surabaya-Madura bridge?
                    Yes... that Surabaya-Madura (Suramadu) bridge across the Madura Strait...

Originally posted by soarbeyond View Post
                    Haha , i've done the writing up . I am still figuring out which pictures to upload . I've got 24GB worth of pictures :X
                    Bring them on...

Originally posted by mr_botak View Post
                    I love the style of this report - looks like you had a great trip.
                    Thanks mate...

Originally posted by jhm View Post

Originally posted by UMD View Post
                    This is what I mean.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/vk2gwk/4726097808/

It was definitely much greener before and the headrest was turquoise. I also remembered the bulkhead panel to be green rather than light beige color that Dent@SUB shows on his picture. Here is the picture I found on a.net which was taken when the product was launched the end of 2006. If you notice, the color of the seats for its B744 is actually alternating between green and blue.

I have to admit that my experience was only on the A330 so it could that CX had a slightly different color schemes for its A340.
                    Originally posted by calvinoeh View Post
                    Although the bridge design looks similar, that's definitely not the Penang bridge. I have a view of the Penang bridge from my condo and it doesn't look that green in Penang

May be you guys are right...
                    Never been on this Olympus seat before, only on the old angle lie flat seat many many years ago...
                    Looking from the pictures, there must be some changes on the seat...

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                    I think the colour in question is 'teal'? Am enjoying this TR muchly, despite our thread starter's portrayal of being a kampung boy!

Teal? hmmm.... Turquoise or Teal?... Teal or Turquoise?.... my knowledge about color tones is very weak....

Btw, he's indeed a "kampung" guy... he's coming from a kampung coded BDJ.... deep down in the Borneo's forest...

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
                    Enjoying the TR, and waiting for Bo Innovation.
                    Very soon mate...

Comment

A Bandjarmasin kampung boy? I always thought this Kampung Boy was an original "arek arek Soerobojo".

Comment

After the seat belt sign off, the service was commenced....

AVOD was turned one....
                        And the crews was preparing for breakfast...

Our "kampung" guy was so happy to find out there's miss Julia's movie on the list when he explored the AVOD system... Eat, Pray and Love...

Not too long, he was so happy again.... this time because the crews began the breakfast service...

As just like any kampung guy, our "kampung" guy also acted like them... He was so "udik"...

He took pictures of the food from every angle...

We can see what he took...

The croissant and the pandan muffin...

The fresh cut fruits... Watermelon, melon, dragon fruit and mango....

Comment

And the jam and butter....

And not more than 5 minutes, all has been gone... disappeared...

To fill up the the time until the next round, our "kampung" guy asked for "hot milk tea, Hong Kong style"....
                          He enjoyed the tea while watching miss Julia on the screen...

And then the incident with the SP (purple dressed FA equal to CSS) happened...

When the SP served the yogurt and cereal from her cart, she just skipped the "kampung" guy's seat....

Our "kampung" guy waited impatiently... Why he's being skipped? Was his look really that "kampung" style so the SP didn't notice him?
                          Until one time when he saw the SP already at the other aisle, he couldn't stand anymore. He so pissed off.
                          He stopped the FP (red dressed FA, equal to LSS), and with a voice that louder than usual but still in the normal tone, in hope the SP at the next aisle heard that, he said to the FP: "Can I have the yogurt and muesli, please! I've been being skipped by your senior!"
                          And it looked like the SP heard that! Her face looked so surprise. She quickly prepare my request and handed them to the FP to be given to our "kampung" guy.
                          She said apologize with some face's and hand's signs...

And these are the "dispute" items that involved...

Last edited by Dent@SUB; 10 January 2011, 11:47 PM.

Comment

Finished with the yogurt and cereal, now came the main course.
                            This time the SP made sure that our "kampung" guy got his meal...

CX's style for serving the main course is bring all the main course's option on the cart, and let the pax choose what they want.
                            It's a good way because we can look how the meal look like first before we decided what we want.

The bad side is: CX is still using casserole type plate. It's look cheap for J class. It's more look like eY class meal.

Our "kampung" guy chose the beef one...
                            The look was not so appealing...
                            But it was turn out to be very delicious....

Not more than 5 minutes, all the things on that casserole have been gone.... gone to the other realm.... to the "kampung" guy's belly....

Now it's time for the Toilet inspection...

Hmmm.... what stain is that??

Ahhh..... Dermalogica...

Comment

Came back to the cabin our "kampung" guy took another pictures of the his seat... now in the bed mode...

He didn't stop taking pictures....
                              All sides and objects didn't escape his camera... even his own legs...

His Perrier which was came with the can...

The nice mood lightning....

Comment

Some view from the window... (took quite an effort to take pictures from the window... twisted neck...)

The window it self...

Now it was time to land...
                                Even in this time, our "kampung" guy didn't want miss a shoot for his pictures...
                                And he got some view while the plane still taxied to the gate...

Welcome to Hong Kong...
                                Our "kampung" guy was so excited...
                                Now time to feast for him has came...

Comment

Working...
                                X