(Newbie) How can I achieve Elite Silver status the quickest way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (Newbie) How can I achieve Elite Silver status the quickest way

My trip as follow: JFK (New York, USA) to SOC (Solo City, Indonesia). Roundtrip will earn me about 20,250 miles (economy class). Time to travel: Twice a year starting December 2010 and July 2011. Than repeat the same trip until July 2013. My goal is to earn as much miles as possible. The Elite Silver 25% extra mean a lot to me.

In May 2010, when I booked my Dec 2010 trip. I enrolled the KrisFlyer membership. So my membership period end May 2011. That mean when I completed the December 2010 trip I will earn 20,250 miles. Since my membership will end in May 2011. Is that mean my 20,250 miles will be reset to zero before my July 2011 trip? If this is true, can I transfer my Amex reward point to KrisFlyer to fill up to 25,000 mile?

Welcome to SQTalk SQUSA.

Your membership year starts when you take your 1st flight not when you enroll. So if you do one in Dec & another in Jul, you'll make silver with your 2 trips.

No, Amex reward points do not count for status.

Comment

You might want to break your trip in Frankfurt to take the next flight, which is the 777-300ER. This will probably add about 1400 KF Miles round trip. Not sure if you want to do that though probably due to additional cost and trouble.

Comment

Thank you.

I can't wait to get my Elite Silver.

Comment

If time allow I will consider breaking the trip to earn more miles. This will be my first time transfit in Frankfurt. I don't mind to walk around after a long flight. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
            Welcome to SQTalk SQUSA.

Your membership year starts when you take your 1st flight not when you enroll. So if you do one in Dec & another in Jul, you'll make silver with your 2 trips.

No, Amex reward points do not count for status.
            I had the same problem in my first year, enrolled in Feb when I booked a flight. My first flight wasn't until August but my membership year started back in Feb as I had hotel miles go into my account.

I am pretty sure your membership year will start from the date miles were first credited to your account, whether that be from flights, hotels, amex etc.

SQ238

Comment

The quickest way is to join TG's Royal Orchid Plus and get Elite Silver after only 10,000 miles. Of course, that is not on SQ...

Membership Level:

Royal Orchid Plus Gold
              Required Annual Activity: 50,000 Actual miles flown per one calendar year or 80,000 Actual miles flown per 2 calendar years.
              Benefits: 5,000 threshold bonus miles, Enrollment of Star Alliance Gold membership, One round-trip complimentary upgrade to the next class of service for a paid tickets, Guaranteed seating in Economy Class, Top Priority waitlist and airport standby on Thai and Star Alliance Airlines, Priority check-in and Boarding and Baggage Handling on Thai and Star Alliance Airlines, One additional 20kg baggage allowance or 1 piece of luggage, Access to all airport lounges on Thai and Star Alliance Airlines.

Royal Orchid Plus Silver
              Required Annual Activity:10,000 Actual miles flown per one calendar year or 15,000 Actual miles flown per 2 calendar years.
              Benefits: 3,000 threshold bonus miles, Enrollment of Star Alliance Silver membership, Priority waitlist and airport standby on Thai and Star Alliance Airlines on fully booked flights, Priority Baggage Handling and one additional 10kg baggage allowance on Thai and Star Alliance Airlines.

General
              Required Annual Activity: None. Open to any person in any country that has not prohibited participation in frequent flyer programs.
              Benefits: Opportunity to earn and redeem miles on Thai and Star Alliance member airlines.

Comment

Hmm Elite gold membership perks VS Royal Orchid Plus Gold, remind me why Krisflyer is worth it again..

Comment

Originally posted by SQ238 View Post
                  I am pretty sure your membership year will start from the date miles were first credited to your account, whether that be from flights, hotels, amex etc.
                  My membership year also started as soon as I credited hotel points to my krisflyer account, not from my first flight, so make sure you don`t credit any miles to your account before your first flight.

Comment

Working...
                  X