Running out of Champagne

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running out of Champagne

Traveling back from Hanoi last Friday in J i was surprised when the cabin crew informed me that they had run out of champagne To be honest i never expected something like that to happen on SQ. The J cabin was indeed full and perhaps someone else had been guzzling champagne (though in my near vicinity I couldn't see anybody else having it), but for me it was perhaps only my second or third glass at most.

This isn't a complaint (per se) but I just wanted to ask around if many of you have experienced this before? Does anyone know what's the catering quota for champagne per flight? Is it a case where if the outbound drinks more then the inbound flight gets less? Lastly I've also always wondered whether a half-opened bottle from the outbound flight has to be disposed of prior to landing even if the aircraft and cabin crew are operating a turnaround flight?

Happened to me in Suites once when they ran out of Krug from HKG to SIN.

Runway ways closed due to some storm but pax where all boarded. On that route, SQ used half-bottles and I polished off all Krug half-bottles loaded.

When the FA stopped by to share the unfortunate news with me she try to sell me the Dom option but I was beyond a point where I couldn't drink much more... ;-)

Comment

Wow good job you! But I guess it's considered a bit different because you had extended time on the ground with nothing to do (but drink)? Hahaha.

Comment

If you don't me asking, what time was the flight?

If it was leaving at 9am, its perhaps understandable if they had only stocked up on a couple of bottles. A bit later in the day, or a Friday afternoon, and I would expect them to stock up accordingly.

The closest I've come to this scenario was a flight from LHR to Singapore, and after a few too many lounge champagnes I almost missed the flight. The plane doors practically got slammed behind me. Once we got going, I started getting into the red wines, but after not long at all got a polite tap on the shoulder from the FA's saying they "would make up my bed now". After a busy few days in London I passed out pretty much instantly, and woke up 45 minutes out of Singapore. Best flight ever!
        Last edited by Saltwater; 26 April 2017, 01:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Saltwater View Post
          If you don't me asking, what time was the flight?

If it was leaving at 9am, its perhaps understandable if they had only stocked up on a couple of bottles. A bit later in the day, or a Friday afternoon, and I would expect them to stock up accordingly.
          It was a Friday flight that departed at 12.35pm, so kinda meets all your criteria! Perhaps there really was someone drinking down all the champagne.

Another thought just occurred to me: perhaps the stewardess thought I had had too much to drink After all I did drink like two glasses of champagne, a glass of wine, and a glass of port, and accidentally knocked over my third glass of champagne when stowing the tray table. Hmmm. Maybe it was just a nice way to prevent me from drinking more.

#mindblown

PS: I wasn't drunk by the way. That table's annoying

Comment

Originally posted by pokfur View Post
            It was a Friday flight that departed at 12.35pm, so kinda meets all your criteria! Perhaps there really was someone drinking down all the champagne.

Another thought just occurred to me: perhaps the stewardess thought I had had too much to drink After all I did drink like two glasses of champagne, a glass of wine, and a glass of port, and accidentally knocked over my third glass of champagne when stowing the tray table. Hmmm. Maybe it was just a nice way to prevent me from drinking more.

#mindblown

PS: I wasn't drunk by the way. That table's annoying
            Lol!! Yes, safety first!!

Comment

Working...
            X