Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Qantas 787 Premium Economy Unveiled

http://www.qantasnewsroom.com.au/med...-economy-seat/

Not sure if it's camera angle, but the knee room looks like that of Y.

Comment

It looks like a virtual rendering, so the seat pitch can't be right......i'd say it looks narrower than Y.......more like LCC Y.

Comment

Pitch is supposed to be 38" so it's same as current and SQs. The image render does not do it justice.

Interesting things is they have it in 2-3-2 but I know its because the 787 is more narrow but it makes it more premium than 2-4-2 than other PEY products (let's not compare NZ). But what really interesting is that the middle seats have a 23" width so it makes up for the fact that it wouldn't be less desirable. I think QF may have something good going here. It's not revolutionary as Alan Joyce would put it but I'd reckon this could be a cut above the competition .

Comment

I quite like the aesthetics of the overall seat, especially the headrest area, with the angled "wingtips" which look to be quite useful to rest your head on.

Width-wise 2-3-2 for PEY looks quite standard for the 787. Agree the pitch looks a little narrow in the picture but that it could look that way because the seat is quite wide. I guess we will just have to wait until we see the actual product.

Now the big question is whether or not QF will go 9-abreast in Y, or go with something similar to JAL's class leading 2-4-2.

Comment

I'm sure it's 3-3-3.

The qantas seats maps indicate

http://www.qantas.com/infodetail/fly...2J28PY166Y.pdf

They are offering 32" pitch

Comment

Originally posted by alian View Post
              I'm sure it's 3-3-3.

The map shows 2-3-2 not 3-3-3

Comment

Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
                The map shows 2-3-2 not 3-3-3
                I was referring to yflyer's query on Y which is 3-3-3

Comment

I was referring to yflyer's query on Y which is 3-3-3
                  Sorry

Comment

I'm sure it's 3-3-3.

Thanks for posting the seat map, alian! I didn't know they had published this.

A little sad that even Qantas has gone 3-3-3 in Y on the 789. I am a fan of Qantas, but I just don't like the 787 in 9-abreast and would avoid flying that config if at all possible.

Comment

Originally posted by yflyer View Post
                      Thanks for posting the seat map, alian! I didn't know they had published this.

A little sad that even Qantas has gone 3-3-3 in Y on the 789. I am a fan of Qantas, but I just don't like the 787 in 9-abreast and would avoid flying that config if at all possible.
                      Furthermore, QF will be using the 787 on the nonstop PER to LHR route. Quite a tight squeeze for shorter flights, so imagine that for such an ultra-long flight.

Comment

I'm sure it's 3-3-3.

WTF??? Seriously???
                        CX/SQ/QR/EK all offer 32" as standard pitch. QF should offer at least 33" if you want to fly this plane from PER to LHR for 17 hours and 30 minutes, otherwise people will still pick CX/SQ/QR/EK over QF.

Comment

Originally posted by GCHaviation View Post
                          WTF??? Seriously???
                          CX/SQ/QR/EK all offer 32" as standard pitch. QF should offer at least 33" if you want to fly this plane from PER to LHR for 17 hours and 30 minutes, otherwise people will still pick CX/SQ/QR/EK over QF.
                          Most people don't care, they are easily sold by IFE, free drinks etc. QF8 regularly runs over 17 hours with 31" on the QF A380, I don't think I ever seen anyone complain about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sethor View Post
                            Most people don't care, they are easily sold by IFE, free drinks etc. QF8 regularly runs over 17 hours with 31" on the QF A380, I don't think I ever seen anyone complain about it.
                            QF's A380 main deck, at 10-abreast Y, is very comfortable. Ideal for long flights. The Marc Newson Y seat design is also one of my favourites. The QF A380's are also fitted with a small upper deck Y cabin at 2-4-2, and that cabin is also very comfortable.
                            Last edited by yflyer; 10 March 2017, 05:27 PM.

Comment

I think the raising seat base will work very well, I wonder how long till this idea gets copied in Y.

Comment

Working...
                              X