Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DBS Altitude Visa Card - no more 1.6miles per $1 spent?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by StarG View Post
    Very annoying use of "Enhancement" in the e-mailer as well. What is enhanced?
    Shit PR Execs say:
    1. We have enhanced X.

Comment

Do you guys know if the 10K KF miles one gets for paying the annual fee come in the form of 5K DBS points and get added to the current DBS card points balance or do they credit your KF account directly with 10K miles?

Just trying to decide how to play this. Got close to 14K points right now and if 5K points come in with renewal then I will only use it a bit more to reach 15K DBS points and stop spending on the card (not tough after all the crap they pulled in terms of changes) to stay under 25K S$ annual spend and then convert 20K DBS points to 40K mls and cancel that card afterwards.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by demue View Post
        Do you guys know if the 10K KF miles one gets for paying the annual fee come in the form of 5K DBS points and get added to the current DBS card points balance or do they credit your KF account directly with 10K miles?

Just trying to decide how to play this. Got close to 14K points right now and if 5K points come in with renewal then I will only use it a bit more to reach 15K DBS points and stop spending on the card (not tough after all the crap they pulled in terms of changes) to stay under 25K S$ annual spend and then convert 20K DBS points to 40K mls and cancel that card afterwards.

Thanks
        You get bonus as DBS points

Comment

Citi Premier Visa offering 3 miles per dollar for overseas spend

Originally posted by concept|infinit View Post
          I actually settled for Citibank's Premier Miles. It's a decent all-around card.

1.2 miles per dollar locally, 2 miles per dollar abroad, 10k bonus miles upon paying your annual fee.
          Citi Premier offering 3 Citi miles for every dollar spent overseas for a max of S$25K spend per month as long as you spend a minimum of S$5K a month overseas, I think until 31 Dec 2013

Comment

Originally posted by vsepr View Post
            2. All merchants accepts the card like Polyclinics, SP Services, VBOX, Subway, McDonald's, Popeyes, hence VISA/MasterCard is preferred.
            4. Earns 5% rebates for EZ-Link and Grocery at Cold Storage & Giant + FREE Limo ride to airport for charging >S$1500 a month, it's a bonus!
            SP Services only accepts DBS cards for credit card GIRO arrangements. Wanted to use my UOB One Card for this but hit this hurdle.

I recall there are T&Cs for earning rebates at Giant? I think you require minimum $600 spending or something?

Comment

Originally posted by SingaporeDon View Post
              You get bonus as DBS points
              Sorry late response. Cool so then I put that card into the drawer and not use it. I'll have my SP Power continue to go off that one, but will stop buying anything else with it. Then renew and get the 5K points and redeem 20K points and be done with it.

Comment

Singapore's No. 1 card for miles and cashback!! Completely flawless!!

Originally posted by Exotic View Post
                SP Services only accepts DBS cards for credit card GIRO arrangements. Wanted to use my UOB One Card for this but hit this hurdle.

I recall there are T&Cs for earning rebates at Giant? I think you require minimum $600 spending or something?
                Promotion extended till 31 Oct 2014.

https://sg.anz.com/ANZPrivileges/pro...ly-essentials/

Enjoy 5% rebate on the following merchants:

Cold Storage
                Giant
                Golden Village
                Jasons
                Market Place

To qualify for the Promotion, Cardmember must charge a minimum of at least S$600 in retail spend ("Card Spend") in a calendar month using his/her ANZ Credit Cards.

Every 275 Travel$ gets you S$5 cashback!! 2.55% cashback for ALL your spending!!

Comment

Promotion extended till 31 Oct 2014.

https://sg.anz.com/ANZPrivileges/pro...ly-essentials/

Enjoy 5% rebate on the following merchants:

Cold Storage
                  Giant
                  Golden Village
                  Jasons
                  Market Place

To qualify for the Promotion, Cardmember must charge a minimum of at least S$600 in retail spend ("Card Spend") in a calendar month using his/her ANZ Credit Cards.

Every 275 Travel$ gets you S$5 cashback!! 2.55% cashback for ALL your spending!!
                  So there is no 5% if we don't spend more than $600 ?

Comment

Originally posted by hjerapa View Post
                    So there is no 5% if we don't spend more than $600 ?
                    Yes, don't charge > $600 no 5% rebate for grocery.

Charge > $300 you get 5% rebate for EZ-link.

Charge > $600 you get 5% rebate for BOTH EZ-link and grocery, on top of the miles you earn!

Comment

Notice on change of Rewards catalogue

Kindly be informed that with effect on 1st July 2014, there will be a revision to the DBS points required for the redemptions.

Please also note the below changes for the minimum points required for Krisflyer and Asia miles:
                      •Krisflyer redemption will be revised from 10,000 to 5,000 DBS points.
                      •Asia miles redemption will be revised from 10,000 to 5,000 DBS points.

Comment

Well that helps given I have 15K DBS points at the moment. I am not sure whether I crossed the 25K spend for fee waiver or not (meaning will I be able to pay 192SGD and get the 5K DBS points = 10K bonus miles), so in case no and if they can't be persuaded to let me pay then I may take my 15K points, convert and run. .

Of course if they were to bring back the income tax payment via AXS now that would be a real reason to keep the card and use it. But with all the recent changes (for the worse) all I do with this is have my SP Power monthly bill deducted to get 1.2mls for that spend. No other charges will go on it and I may get rid of it alltogether.

Comment

Originally posted by demue View Post
                          Well that helps given I have 15K DBS points at the moment. I am not sure whether I crossed the 25K spend for fee waiver or not (meaning will I be able to pay 192SGD and get the 5K DBS points = 10K bonus miles), so in case no and if they can't be persuaded to let me pay then I may take my 15K points, convert and run. .

Of course if they were to bring back the income tax payment via AXS now that would be a real reason to keep the card and use it. But with all the recent changes (for the worse) all I do with this is have my SP Power monthly bill deducted to get 1.2mls for that spend. No other charges will go on it and I may get rid of it alltogether.
                          No news of earning points via AXS machine, and Citibank is doing the same thing from 1st July.

For road tax payments, I believe the only way to earn miles or points will be through Diners which has a very bad earn rate of 0.2 miles per dollar.

Comment

Originally posted by GLAM82 View Post
                            No news of earning points via AXS machine, and Citibank is doing the same thing from 1st July.

For road tax payments, I believe the only way to earn miles or points will be through Diners which has a very bad earn rate of 0.2 miles per dollar.
                            No points awarded for Road Tax payment for Diners Club too.

Comment

No points awarded for Road Tax payment for Diners Club too.
                              Is that confirmed even if payment is via Singpost outlets?

I had the idea to apply for the Highflyer Club card which gives 2 reward points per dollar which is equivalent to 0.4 miles per dollar and pay the road tax at the Airport's Singpost.

I pay the road tax for more than 80 vehicles and whatever points I can earn will be better than no points at all.

Comment

Originally posted by GLAM82 View Post
                                Is that confirmed even if payment is via Singpost outlets?

I had the idea to apply for the Highflyer Club card which gives 2 reward points per dollar which is equivalent to 0.4 miles per dollar and pay the road tax at the Airport's Singpost.

I pay the road tax for more than 80 vehicles and whatever points I can earn will be better than no points at all.
                                Yes, no points for Road Tax payment anywhere with Diners Club Card. Many years already. Call 6571 0128 if you want a staff to confirm for you.

Comment

Working...
                                X