No announcement yet.

SQ B777 withdrawal thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9V-SYG was ferried SIN-VCV non-stop this morning (03APR17) as SQ8877. With a scheduled flying time of just under 15 hours, she is currently less than 2 hours away from reaching the coast of California as I type this.

Just for the record (pardon the extremely poor phone quality). In queue for RWY20C departure.
    Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post

9V-SYG was ferried SIN-VCV non-stop this morning (03APR17) as SQ8877. With a scheduled flying time of just under 15 hours, she is currently less than 2 hours away from reaching the coast of California as I type this.

Just for the record (pardon the extremely poor phone quality). In queue for RWY20C departure.
      No wonder... I was wondering why I saw a blank 777-300ER SQ Colours. My flight took off a few planes before this one. Is it going to be stored or scrapped?

Comment

• Seems like 9V-SVA cannot make up her mind.

She is currently en-route ASP-SIN as SQ8877 with an ETA of 1530 today (26APR17).

Comment

Seems like 9V-SVA cannot make up her mind.

She is currently en-route ASP-SIN as SQ8877 with an ETA of 1530 today (26APR17).
          Seriously? I've got a couple of flights on supposedly non-refitted 772ERs...of which SVF is the only candidate atm. Will be amusing if SVA gets returned to service and I get on it.

Comment

Seems like 9V-SVA cannot make up her mind.

While she's not refitted... it's good to see she still has some life left in her.

Comment

• Originally posted by ell3 View Post
              Seriously? I've got a couple of flights on supposedly non-refitted 772ERs...of which SVF is the only candidate atm. Will be amusing if SVA gets returned to service and I get on it.
              Tell us if she's dusty or has a musty smell. I wonder whether everything inside still works, like the IFE and electronic seats in J.. Would she be equipped to dispense the Illy coffee capsules in J?

Comment

• Seriously I don't understand why they would rebirth such an old plane. We've seen so many A350s arrive and only a few A330s depart plus a 773.

Comment

• was SVA back for "charter" to Scoot for 2 weeks or so. And now probably back for Scoot again as one of Scoot's 787 aircraft just had a wing incident with Emirates and looking at the damage, it will take quite awhile to fix the 787 wing.

Comment

• Wouldn't it make better sense to use one of the Scoot 777's that are parked up?

Comment

• Originally posted by flyguy View Post
                      was SVA back for "charter" to Scoot for 2 weeks or so. And now probably back for Scoot again as one of Scoot's 787 aircraft just had a wing incident with Emirates and looking at the damage, it will take quite awhile to fix the 787 wing.
                      The 789 involved in the wing incident with Emirates, 9V-OJA, has already returned to revenue service last week.

Comment

• Originally posted by flyguy View Post
                        was SVA back for "charter" to Scoot for 2 weeks or so. And now probably back for Scoot again as one of Scoot's 787 aircraft just had a wing incident with Emirates and looking at the damage, it will take quite awhile to fix the 787 wing.
                        and it was 9V-SVF that did the charters for Scoot.

Comment

• then its a "mystery" why SVA is brought back.

Comment

• SQ 70th Anniversary surprise? Heheh.

Comment

• Spotted 9V-SVA while landing into Changi yesterday evening. You can't see it from the photo but it's funny how the outline of Royal Brunei Airlines' livery is still quite clear on the tail, even though the aircraft wore SQ colours for a while after it was returned from RB.

Comment

• Originally posted by pokfur View Post

Spotted 9V-SVA while landing into Changi yesterday evening. You can't see it from the photo but it's funny how the outline of Royal Brunei Airlines' livery is still quite clear on the tail, even though the aircraft wore SQ colours for a while after it was returned from RB.
                                SVB, SVC and SVE were handed back earlier than the others and were returned to service before the refurbishment program to remove the Spacebeds. SVG was returned but refurbished before it re-entered service for SQ. SVF was returned and is the only one of the 7 previously leased planes to be returned, re-enter service, but not undergo any refurbishment.

SVA and SVD were the two aircraft returned from BI that never saw a return to service with SQ. I wonder why they bothered to repaint SVA and then never return it to service?

I'd love to know what is going on with this 772. It's intriguing, given that they are about to receive another 3 A350s in the next month. If it returns to any form of revenue service, that would signal that they could have plans to return A330s to lessors quite extensively this financial year, otherwise I can't see why they would need this plane. It would also become the oldest plane in the fleet- an honour that SVB has held for a couple of years now, and probably will for quite a few more into the future.

Comment

Working...
                                X