Regarding the SQ livery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regarding the SQ livery

Hello there! I have a few questions about the Singapore Airlines livery, just for fun!

1. Do you think Singapore Airlines will make a new livery (or change it) within the next 5 years?

2. Do you think Singapore Airlines should make a new/change their livery? Do you want them to?
    Yes
    100.00%
    No
    0.00%
    Singapore Airlines fan in Sweden.

I think their livery is quite timeless

I just wish they had more special schemes. A retrojet with the yellow cheatlines would be cool!

Maybe they may have a different version of livery for the B787-10 fleet?
    Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

I think they should have kept the previous slated lettering, it suited livery more than the current one that came in 86, dont like it since it went big, seems out of place.

Comment

It will stand the test of time and should stay. Unlike Air India for example, that really needs an update.

Comment

I love it and consider it timeless like the users above.

But I think a original, pre-tweek retro-jet would be a nice touch (old fonts, yellow instead of gold) for their 70th.

Comment

The livery is timeless, and I doubt it would be changed much.

I think SQ should definitely have a retrojet livery, either the original 1972 livery (with yellow instead of gold), or perhaps even the previous MSA livery.

Whatever happens, I sincerely hope the "stylised bird" logo is not discontinued, as it is so iconic.
            Last edited by SQGamespeed; 11 April 2017, 01:47 AM.

Comment

I think the Singapore Airlines livery is very good and there should be no need for change.

Comment

Happy to see that you all like it, I really love it myself as well!

Comment

I will love to see a retro jet with the yellow cheatlines and the old italics font. Really hoped that it would be applied on the last 747 as it would have been a fitting farewell for that aircraft. Other than the 777, don't think the retro livery would look pleasing on the others.

Comment

If they redesign the SQ livery, than they might as well stick the SQ girl in a basic business suit.

Comment

I like the current livery, except that the titles are way too big on the A380 IMO, and I'm not a huge fan of having the white portion on the tail.

The prior livery was a bit better IMO, maybe with slightly bigger titles -- but not that big -- would work. Also like the italicized one from back in the day...

...and the Tropical Megatop livery was one of the most gorgeous special schemes around!

Comment

Felt like bringing this thread back...

Now that quite a few airlines have made livery and branding changes, do you think that Singapore Airlines will too? Also, do you think SQ might make a special livery (like what MH did with their A380's) for the 777-9?

Comment

I don't think they will change nor do I think they need to. I think it is timeless.

The Lufthansa livery was a mistake in my opinion. It didn't need changing.

Comment

Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
                            I don't think they will change nor do I think they need to. I think it is timeless.

The Lufthansa livery was a mistake in my opinion. It didn't need changing.
                            Exactly my thoughts.

Comment

I think the could pick a better font, but everything else should be kept the same.

Comment

Working...
                              X