Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CX Premium Economy to YVR

hi,

has anyone taken CX Premium Economy to YVR? It's a pretty long trip and SQ doesn't fly there, so i'm looking at my options. So far, it seems most people fly the SIN-HKG-YVR route via HK, although there are other options like SQ to Narita and onward to YVR via AC.

CX currently has an offer for PEY from SIN to YVR (via HK) at around $2.8K for december, which seems reasonable.

Thanks!

You can also consider BR, though I can't give a comparison between CX and BR's PEY (though my family delights in the latter). All I can say is the TPE is not as great a stopover as HKG.

Comment

NH is another option. Goes via HND.

Also, I don't think CX offers PEY on SIN-HKG on a daily basis and on the days they do, it's limited to 1 or 2 flights.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
        Also, I don't think CX offers PEY on SIN-HKG on a daily basis and on the days they do, it's limited to 1 or 2 flights.
        I think there's at least 1 or 2 daily, but whether or not they connect well to/from YVR is a different story.

Comment

How about SIN - SFO then YVR?

Comment

Thanks for all the suggestions!

SIN-SFO then YVR would mean I have to find my way from SFO-YVR. I've read that flights on that route are not cheap, and hence, decided not to consider that option.

If i do go, I will probably try for CX. i have had friends who booked a CX promotion in previous years where CX offered a business class seat from SIN=HKG, and PEY from HKG-YVR. Not sure if any similar offers will appear this year.

Comment

Originally posted by banoffi View Post
              i have had friends who booked a CX promotion in previous years where CX offered a business class seat from SIN=HKG, and PEY from HKG-YVR. Not sure if any similar offers will appear this year.
              I recall seeing such promotions not too long ago, so you should definitely keep an eye out.

But before you get too excited, bear in mind that many SIN-HKG flights are operated by aircraft with the regional J seat which isn't much better than PY

Comment

At S$2800, you're not very far from a promo business class fare.
                HUGE AL

Comment

haha, from SIN-YVR?? well.. if we multiply the difference by 3, it does add up!

Anyway it appears we are headed to Hokkaido this year (again) to ski, as it is so much easier to plan for since we have been there a few times. Will probably do a stop in osaka en route.

Thanks anyway! Will keep all these handy for 2018 perhaps. .

Comment

Working...
                  X