Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HSBC Singapore: Purchase 1,000 KrisFlyer/Asia Miles for S$20!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HSBC Singapore: Purchase 1,000 KrisFlyer/Asia Miles for S$20!!

http://www.hsbc.com.sg/1/2/personal/.../how-to-redeem

The new HSBC rewards programme 2011/2012 allows cardmembers to purchase Rewards Points in blocks of 1,000. Every 2,500 Rewards Points = 1,000 KrisFlyer or Asia Miles. (S$42.80 mileage transfer annual fee applies), hence 5,000 Rewards points = 5 x S$8 = S$40 = 2,000 KrisFlyer or Asia Miles.1,000 KrisFlyer/Asia Miles for S$20. Purchase the points first, after that then transfer to KrisFlyer.

Not Enough points?You can now purchase Rewards Points for S$8 per block of 1,000 Rewards points found under the "Others" category. Click here to purchase now!

It's much cheaper than purchasing it directly from KrisFlyer at US$40 per 1,000 miles or blocks of 2,000 Asia Miles at USD60 per block.

Note that Rewards points can only be purchased via telephone redemption and not online. The reward code is: 1085.

Phone Redemption1. Call 1800-REWARDS (739 2737).
    2. Select 1 for "Redemption".
    3. Key in your 16-digit HSBC credit card number and press #.
    4. Key in the redemption code of your selected item and press #.
    5. Key in the quantity to redeem and press #.
    6. Key in your NRIC or passport number and press #.
    7. Key in your mobile number and press #.
    8. To redeem more rewards, select 1. To end the call, select 9. To speak to a Customer Service Representative, call 1800-HSBC NOW (4722 669).

Interesting and thanks for sharing. I would have to get an HSBC CC first, but that may still be worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by demue View Post
      Interesting and thanks for sharing. I would have to get an HSBC CC first, but that may still be worth it.
      post deleted
      Last edited by SQtraveller; 20 August 2017, 05:11 AM.

Comment

Is there a cap on the number of miles one can buy?

Comment

Did not state any cap on the number of miles one can buy.

Comment

Thanks vsepr for sharing! I called them last night and was told there is no limit on the points you can buy.

Comment

For example, a Business Class ticket from SIN to Tokyo Narita on SIA. Online redemption you need 59500 miles (after 15% discount) or 148750 HSBC Rewards points (1 mile = 2.5 Rewards points), round up = 149000 Rewards points, hence you need to buy 149 x S$8 = S$1192 worth of HSBC rewards points. At singaporeair.com, the price of a Business Class is S$3300 + S$346.70 tax. Hence that's a savings of S$2108! (Not inclusive of S$42.80 annual mileage program fee).

Comment

good to know there's no limit. Am looking further afield like US destinations

I need to go apply NOW! I presume this applies to all HSBC cards

Comment

I couldnt see this yday take it it is down?

Comment

Originally posted by dr gonzo View Post
                    I couldnt see this yday take it it is down?
                    http://www.hsbc.com.sg/1/PA_1_4_S5/c...c_allcards.pdf

Please refer to page 3.

Comment

so, has anyone bought shitloads of points and converted them to miles?

Comment

Originally posted by ginkoka View Post
                        so, has anyone bought shitloads of points and converted them to miles?
                        Yes. And converted them into tickets already. Let's see where Suites will fly next...

Comment

HSBC lost my form urghh. Hope the availabilty's still there. Should i just buy more and park the miles in krisflyer? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
                            Yes. And converted them into tickets already. Let's see where Suites will fly next...
                            nice! how many pts/miles did u buy? hmm ok time to get an hsbc card again!

Comment

I purchased some. The points were in my HSBC rewards account the next day.

But, it did take quite a while for HSBC to transfer to Krisflyer. Well over 2 weeks. Not sure if the new SQ 'websh*te' had anything to do with the speed of the transfer??

Quite slow when compared to the likes of Amex and Citibank who usually transfer in less than 48 hours (24 hours in most cases).

J

Comment

Working...
                              X