Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings for PPS members inflight

Yeah yeah yeah.
    Simple things amuse me. It is so easy to please me.

Had a good flight today just because the very friendly Chief Steward greeted me at the aircraft door saying, "Welcome back, Mr. XXX". Then, in the midst of their preparations for takeoff, a very nice LSS came over to my seat in Economy and greeted me (not the QPPs around me though) by name, offering to bring me some reading materials. I brought some magazines with me, so I politely declined. She then asked me to not hesitate to call her should I need anything.

Touches like these make me feel happy to be back on SQ.
    It does not cost SQ much to do things like these, but IMO these make a frequent customer feel valued.

I know not all crew members do this, so kudos to those who make the effort to make our flights more memorable & pleasant.
    Last edited by StarG; 18 September 2007, 01:02 AM.

I am very glad to hear that you are pleased!
    I was on SIN-NRT in Y last month. And the IFS came to greet me at my seat, prior to the door closing. Then, he came back later asking whether I needed something. And since I was sleeping the whole flight, when I woke up, he checked with me whether there was something I need.

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
      I was on SIN-NRT in Y last month.
      I was sleeping the whole flight ... I woke up
      ... to find that it was only a bad dream!

Comment

Damn, jhm beat me to the punch there.

CGK, that's quite a signature change! Do we sense a bad experience?
        HUGE AL

Comment

I've seen a CS/CSS usually come up to personally greet Solitaires in Y in almost all my flights where it is obvious that there is a Solitaire nearby (from the luggage tag, etc)...for a couple of years now.

Comment

Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
            where it is obvious that there is a Solitaire nearby (from the luggage tag, etc)
            How strange! Can't they simply look at the pax manifest ?

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
              How strange! Can't they simply look at the pax manifest ?
              The lack of a smiley leads me to believe you are serious ?. In which case I believe Savage25 may have been referring to the fact the he realised there was a Solitaire nearby due to the tag(s).

Going back to the subject, I also had a CSS come over and say 'welcome back Mr MAN Flyer' BKK-SIN on the last day of the old system. That's the only time that has ever happened to me.
              Last edited by MAN Flyer; 18 September 2007, 02:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                The lack of a smiley leads me to believe you are serious ?. In which case I believe Savage25 may have been referring to the fact the he realised there was a Solitaire nearby due to the tag(s).
                Ah okay! Long day, my common sense appears to have gone out of the window.

Comment

Going back to the subject, I also had a CSS come over and say 'welcome back Mr MAN Flyer' BKK-SIN on the last day of the old system. That's the only time that has ever happened to me.
                  How strange! How on earth did she know your SQTalk name ?

( )

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post

It does not cost SQ much to do things like these, but IMO these make a frequent customer feel valued.

I know not all crew members do this, so kudos to those who make the effort to make our flights more memorable & pleasant.

Very true. Well, that must be the TPP service. Only happened to me twice.

Comment

I believe Savage25 may have been referring to the fact the he realised there was a Solitaire nearby due to the tag(s).
                      Bingo!

Comment

Yeah yeah yeah.

Had a good flight today just because the very friendly Chief Steward greeted me at the aircraft door saying, "Welcome back, Mr. XXX". Then, in the midst of their preparations for takeoff, a very nice LSS came over to my seat in Economy and greeted me (not the QPPs around me though) by name, offering to bring me some reading materials. I brought some magazines with me, so I politely declined. She then asked me to not hesitate to call her should I need anything.

I completely agree, StarG. It is small touches like this that can make a huge difference. I have only been welcomed by name by the Chief Steward once on SQ when flying in Y, and it was at least three years ago, but I still remember it (I also remember the route--MNL-SIN).

Comment

My last flight with SQ C from MNL to SIN, I did not feel like a priority passenger. Later, I learned that I was not marked down with ** (which usually indicates TPP) on the meal order sheet. However, the gentlemen sitting behind me had the ** on the meal order sheet and he got all the attention.

Comment

Congrats mr. XXX!

p.s - I have a little trouble pronouncing your surname. How should it sound like?

Comment

Yeah yeah yeah.
                              The same happens to me. Oh, yes, I mean both the fact that simple things amuse me, as well as the fact that the crew go out of their way to say hello.

I still remember how I was treated when I was a PPS member flying in Y earlier this year. The LSS came up to me to offer reading material and ask if there was anything she could help me with. On another flight, an FSS came by to ask for my meal order, ahead of other passengers.
                              My Cafe Adventures
                              Be Among The First To Savour Aromatic Vietnamese Coffee
                              http://www.mycafeadventures.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X