Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Service Recovery miles expire after one year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Service Recovery miles expire after one year?

Just looked into my Expiring Miles statement and saw that 25k Service Recovery miles that I received in Sep 2006 are expiring in Sep 2007. Is that normal? I was hoping they would last 3 years so that I could use them a bit later.

Didn't know that, and it's a bit naughty if it's right. Drop them a line and see what they say.

Comment

What are service recovery miles? Is that compensation for less than stellar service?

Comment

Originally posted by zvezda View Post
        What are service recovery miles? Is that compensation for less than stellar service?
        Or for things that shouldn't have happened in the first place -- like me getting bumped off my preferred seat and a lying ground staff member lamely trying to convince me it was because of an equipment swap (this was on SIN-LHR in Y). But they mollified my anger somewhat with those scarce KrisFlyer miles.

Welcome to SQT, by the way.
        ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by zvezda View Post
          Its what I (asked for and) got for SQ charging my credit card twice for a RTW and taking several weeks to refund me the duplicate charge + changes due to currency movements.

Comment

Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
            Its what I (asked for and) got for SQ charging my credit card twice for a RTW and taking several weeks to refund me the duplicate charge + changes due to currency movements.
            Well, doesn't the system follow a first in first out procedure if they are KF miles but of a different category? How do those miles mix with your other KF miles?

Comment

Originally posted by shortfinals View Post
              Well, doesn't the system follow a first in first out procedure if they are KF miles but of a different category? How do those miles mix with your other KF miles?
              My other miles were starting to expire in 2008. Just had this block of 25k in Sep 2007.

So silly me, I called to ask them about the expiry, but before bringing it up issued an award I had on hold. Poof - the 25k disappeared. Problem solved. Forgot about the FIFO

Comment

Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
                Poof - the 25k disappeared
                That's SQ efficiency for you.

Comment

Working...
                X