• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grrr, miles gone to KF instead of BD

MANFlyer
    Grrr, miles gone to KF instead of BD
    « Thread started on: Jul 6th, 2006, 3:59pm »
    In all the flights I've double dipped, this is the first time this has ever happened to me. I chased on line for the PPS sectors, and they've gone and put the miles into KF instead of BD's Diamond Club, despite both BP's saying 'BD*G' on them.

This should be fun....

paffendorf
    Re: Grrr, miles gone to KF instead of BD
    « Reply #1 on: Jul 6th, 2006, 4:10pm »
    It will be more funny when you'll try to revert those miles....

MANFlyer
    « Reply #2 on: Jul 6th, 2006, 4:18pm »
    on Jul 6th, 2006, 4:10pm, paffendorf wrote:
    It will be more funny when you'll try to revert those miles....

I've been weighing up whether to bother knowing the hassle it involves, but I'm not short of KF miles at the moment but have severely depleted my DC miles pot so I think it needs replenishing.

Will let you know how it goes..

SQFAN
    « Reply #3 on: Jul 7th, 2006, 04:22am »
    yeah, let us know ...

sometimes, it is just not worth the effort but persistence pays ...

jjpb3
    « Reply #4 on: Jul 7th, 2006, 9:16pm »
    on Jul 7th, 2006, 04:22am, SQFAN wrote:
    yeah, let us know ...

sometimes, it is just not worth the effort but persistence pays ...
    Thus speaketh the expert on double-dipping errors.

SQFAN
    « Reply #5 on: Jul 8th, 2006, 10:39pm »
    on Jul 7th, 2006, 9:16pm, jjpb3 wrote:
    Thus speaketh the expert on double-dipping errors.

Yeah, a comedy of errors

CGK
    « Reply #6 on: Jul 17th, 2006, 09:17am »
    on Jul 6th, 2006, 3:59pm, MANFlyer wrote:
    In all the flights I've double dipped, this is the first time this has ever happened to me. I chased on line for the PPS sectors, and they've gone and put the miles into KF instead of BD's Diamond Club, despite both BP's saying 'BD*G' on them.

This should be fun....

You are a lucky devil to have this first experience.
    Enjoy it please.

StarG
    « Reply #7 on: Jul 18th, 2006, 12:42am »
    My brother in law took SQ2008 SIN-FRA (codeshare with LH) and had only his PPS/KrisFlyer number in. Weirdly only PPS sectors and miles got credited. Award miles went missing.

yvrcnx
    « Reply #8 on: Aug 7th, 2006, 07:18am »
    A few month ago I have tried to double dip, it worked on some flights and not on others eventhough I had done everything according to "the rules".
    I finally gave up and decided to just put all my SQ miles on my KF account and everything else on my AC account.
    I have already reached AC elite a month ago and don't see any advantage in going on more step further with them.
    This way all my miles are very clear and easy to manage.
    I don't have the perseverance to go through what it takes to get the miles re-credited.
    Can't handle the anxiety to loose PPS sectors/miles.

Good luck to MANFlyer sorting it out. Hope it goes all well.
    « Last edit: Aug 7th, 2006, 07:19am by yvrcnx »

CGK
    « Reply #9 on: Aug 7th, 2006, 11:44am »
    on Aug 7th, 2006, 07:18am, yvrcnx wrote:
    I finally gave up and decided to just put all my SQ miles on my KF account and everything else on my AC account.
    I have already reached AC elite a month ago and don't see any advantage in going on more step further with them.
    This way all my miles are very clear and easy to manage.
    I don't have the perseverance to go through what it takes to get the miles re-credited.

Well, for me it's a good idea to save some miles in my KF account, just in case in those odd situations where all paid booking zeros, but there is one O-class seat, or I-class seat.

MANFlyer
    « Reply #10 on: Aug 7th, 2006, 5:24pm »
    So the game begins:

Thank you for your facsimile to KrisFlyer Membership Services received on 2 August 2006.
    We sincerely apologise for the delay in our reply.
    We wish to inform you that mileage once credited into KrisFlyer cannot be transferred to another Frequent Flyer Programme (FFP) or vice-versa. These rules can be found in the Terms and Conditions stated on our website and in your KrisFlyer Programme Guide book. Hence, we regret to inform you that we are unable to transfer miles from your KrisFlyer account to British Midland Diamond Club.
    It would be advisable to ensure the desired FFP account at the point of flight reservations with your travel or booking agent and to present the membership card during check-in for accurate credit of miles.
    Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience encountered and we hope to seek your understanding in this matter.
    Please do not hesitate to contact us should you have additional queries or require further assistance.
    We thank you for taking the time to write to us and look forward to welcoming you on board our flights soon.

Needless to say, it ain't going be left here and an email has already gone back. Watch this space...

jjpb3
    « Reply #11 on: Aug 8th, 2006, 12:40am »
    Good luck, MANFlyer. The failure of double-dipping definitely makes me want to stay as a regular KF member. Like yvrcnx, I don't have the stamina to pursue missing miles.

CGK
    « Reply #12 on: Aug 8th, 2006, 12:49am »
    MANFlyer, why not dealing with your UK PPS contact? It seems what you got is their standard answer...
    AFAIK, your PPS contact can send telex or facsimile on your behalf, and of course there will be a note something like "This PITA request should be fulfilled."

MANFlyer
    « Reply #13 on: Aug 8th, 2006, 5:48pm »
    Well, it looks like the sarcastic email reply yesterday woke somebody up...

Thank you for your email to KrisFlyer Membership Services received on 07 August 2006.
    We have noted your concern to credit the base miles to your British Midland Diamond Club account for flights below:

SQ328 02 July 2006 Singapore-Manchester Business Class
    SQ173 02 July 2006 Saigon-Singapore Business Class

Further, please confirm if you wish to retain only the PPS miles into your KrisFlyer account.
    Upon your confirmation, we will proceed to submit a request to the management to delete the base miles from your KrisFlyer account and credit it to your Diamond Club account number ********.
    However, please be reminded that this case is subject to approval.
    We seek your understanding in this matter.
    Mr ****, we thank you for taking the time to write to us and look forward to hear from you again. Please feel free to contact us should you require further assistance.

Yours sincerely,

CGK, I don't know who my PPS contact is !!. I did everything through my mate at SQ Sales Office in Manchester, before it was criminally closed .

Anything else is done with Ms M.
    « Last edit: Aug 8th, 2006, 5:50pm by MANFlyer »

paffendorf
    « Reply #14 on: Aug 8th, 2006, 8:48pm »
    Dear Mike,
    i had the same problem on my recent SIN-AKL flight.
    It was credited on SQ instead of double dipping on UA.

Moreover, KF wrote me a crazy message

Quote:
    Dear Mr G*******

Thank you for submitting your retroactive mileage requests.

We are happy to inform you that the following flights have been credited to your KrisFlyer account - 800*********.

Date of travel Flight Number Flight Sector
    21-Jul-2006 SQ285 SIN->AKL

I never asked for this request and i explained that in my answer.

They rebated more or less as they answered to you, telling me they're going to make a revert of miles....

Today my miles are reflected in my UA account...... BUT... they are still present in my KF account....
    What do you think?
    If you think the same thing i'm thinking.... i'm going to cross my fingers for you.
    Luke

CGK
    « Reply #15 on: Aug 8th, 2006, 10:55pm »
    on Aug 8th, 2006, 8:48pm, paffendorf wrote:
    Today my miles are reflected in my UA account...... BUT... they are still present in my KF account....
    What do you think?

It's called the REAL DOUBLE DIPPING.

eutow
    « Reply #16 on: Aug 23rd, 2006, 9:40pm »
    on Aug 7th, 2006, 5:24pm, MANFlyer wrote:
    So the game begins:

Thank you for your facsimile to KrisFlyer Membership Services received on 2 August 2006. We sincerely apologise for the delay in our reply.We thank you for taking the time to write to us and look forward to welcoming you on board our flights soon.
    Needless to say, it ain't going be left here and an email has already gone back. Watch this space...

That is the exact email I receive from them every time I write to explain that my miles have gone to the wrong account through their error of not processing it properly (which is pretty much every time I fly with SQ, unfortunately). It annoys me no end that the sender of the email can't be bothered to read my message properly to understand what has happened, and just assumes that I am being capricious and now want the miles to go somewhere else.

After my latest flights I called someone at PPS in Tokyo and asked her to sort it out for me. She faxed me back a day later to say it was being processed, but that there would be no problem. I just needed to wait for several weeks. The next day I received something in the post from SQ saying that one of my flights had been credited, and another was being processed (but both flights showing as F). The day after I received something else in the post showing the flight that was being processed, but now in Y class (I had faxed them my F boarding card). On the same day I received an email saying that that flight had been rejected, because their records did not match my claim. I called up the PPS people in Tokyo, and they told me to ignore the other communication, because apparently their "system often sends out erroneous messages like this". All very frustrating, and a huge waste of time! If SQ could manage its mileage and points system, and its CR responses, as well as its inflight service, I would be a very happy monkey!

MANFlyer
    « Reply #17 on: Aug 24th, 2006, 03:13am »
    It's something they really need to sort out to be honest as it happens too much and is a real pain. I'm fortunate that this is the first time it's happened to me.

I have been communicating with KF in Singapore for a while and I just got a letter from KF in the UK asking me to contact them as there is a problem with my claim.

I've just ignored that and chased Singapore again as I've sent all the stuff there anyway. Not sure why KF UK are getting involved now.

CGK
    « Reply #18 on: Aug 24th, 2006, 03:26am »
    on Aug 24th, 2006, 03:13am, MANFlyer wrote:
    Not sure why KF UK are getting involved now.

Because the correspondence from SIN is reported or copied or forwarded to KF UK, which in turn is trying to get the brownie points...

MANFlyer
    « Reply #19 on: Sep 11th, 2006, 02:28am »
    Well I am please to say that this was all sorted out last week!. I only know this as I checked my KF and then DC accounts and can see they have gone from KF and into DC.

They still have not as yet bothered to inform me that this has been done. This may have something to do with the way it was going as some of my later emails to them were not very complimentary when I pointed out my annoyance at how something so simple could take so long. Along with a few other comments about the lack of a reply and pointing out I had many better things to do than keep chasing them to rectify their mistake.

Still, all's well that ends well I suppose. They have actually given me few too many miles. Not enough to get excited about but it's small compensation for the aggravation. I sincerely hope I don't have to do this again, as it's a real PITA.

Comment

Working...
    X