How Long can I stopover for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Long can I stopover for?

Struggling to find the answer to this online so thought I might post this out to my fellow sqtalkers.

Am currently booked on NRT-SIN. Have to go to PER in a few months time. Was contemplating paying $100 and adding a stopover in SIN as it will cost less in miles than booking a separate award to PER. Only problem is I don't know how long SQ will actually let me stop over for as the only other time I did this involved stopping over for 2 weeks. Does anyone know what is the max time allotted for a stopover?

Originally posted by mingster View Post
    Does anyone know what is the max time allotted for a stopover?
    The "max time" is the validity of the ticket, i.e. it is equal to the NVA (not valid after) date of the entire ticket.

Comment

Thanks SQflyergirl. Guess I'll try my luck at the ION office next week!

Comment

Well in the past, for a mileage ticket, they tried to enforce some 3 months max. stopover duration that I had to fight to get a "one time exception". Duration was about 6.5 months back then.

Comment

Originally posted by demue View Post
          Well in the past, for a mileage ticket, they tried to enforce some 3 months max. stopover duration that I had to fight to get a "one time exception". Duration was about 6.5 months back then.
          Just to follow up, I got my stopover added successfully. For USD 100 and a USD 12 reissue fee I had my NRT-SIN turned into NRT-SIN-PER with a 3 month stopover in SIN.

Comment

currently holding a paid ticket, flying into SIN, "stopping over" for 6months before continuing on my onward journey

Comment

Originally posted by young View Post
              currently holding a paid ticket, flying into SIN, "stopping over" for 6months before continuing on my onward journey
              Can these stopovers be booked online or do we have to ring up/go to the office?

Comment

Working...
              X