This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bishop9011 View Post
    Do you which know which seating variant of the B777-200 is going to be used on the MNL - SIN route ( SQ921 ) .At present the equipment is a B777-300
    Usually a 773 but we have seen the 2006 77W and sometimes the 77WR operate on this route too.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
      Also, looking at the Winter schedule, SQ800/805 from when the start of the NW18/19 schedule begin will be operated by the 772 instead of the current 3-class 77W. HND (634/635) still remains as is.
      HND (634/635) will be operated by 777-300 from the winter schedule as well for one month,then revert to 4 class 77WR from 1st dec. so The refit should start in November or even earlier for the last two 777-300ER.
      9V-SWS is already undergoing refit accordingly to mainly miles. So guess once SWS is refitted, the next one will follow. So SQ800/805/634/635 might get some other aircraft even before the winter schedule

Comment

• Originally posted by sbs2716g View Post
        HND (634/635) will be operated by 777-300 from the winter schedule as well for one month,then revert to 4 class 77WR from 1st dec. so The refit should start in November or even earlier for the last two 777-300ER.
        9V-SWS is already undergoing refit accordingly to mainly miles. So guess once SWS is refitted, the next one will follow. So SQ800/805/634/635 might get some other aircraft even before the winter schedule
        It's about time they are getting to retrofit the last 3 77W. SWS was the plane I flew on 3 years ago on SQ16 and only now it is going to convert to a 77WR.

A little surprised on why they couldn't start with SWI first, that plane is already 11 years old with the 2006 cabin products. It has gone out twice hoping they would actually retrofit that first. (Gone for almost a week recently, and sometime last month for 4 days until it got sent to MNL). Time will tell and it sounds likely that SWI may be the last one to be retrofitted if not the next.

Comment

It's about time they are getting to retrofit the last 3 77W. SWS was the plane I flew on 3 years ago on SQ16 and only now it is going to convert to a 77WR.
          I didn't realise that SQ refurbishes its aircraft based on your travel patterns.

Comment

• My ex-colleague got off 9V-SVE yesterday to IST and informed me that the Y seats looked like those of the A380s, with seat controllers on the seat back. He also said the cabin looked very new and fresh. I’m guessing SVE has gotten the 77W hand me downs.

Comment

• Originally posted by pokfur View Post
              My ex-colleague got off 9V-SVE yesterday to IST and informed me that the Y seats looked like those of the A380s, with seat controllers on the seat back. He also said the cabin looked very new and fresh. I’m guessing SVE has gotten the 77W hand me downs.
              Well it was certainly out of action earlier this year long enough for that to happen. It might be that SVB/C/E end up being a mini-fleet for a while to cover IST and somewhere like BNE. Honestly with 2006 seats and IFE, I'd have no issue flying on a 772ER. At present though, it's still a lottery as to what will pull up to the gate.

Comment

A little surprised on why they couldn't start with SWI first, that plane is already 11 years old with the 2006 cabin products. It has gone out twice hoping they would actually retrofit that first. (Gone for almost a week recently, and sometime last month for 4 days until it got sent to MNL). Time will tell and it sounds likely that SWI may be the last one to be retrofitted if not the next.
                They are probably sending aircraft in for refurbishment to coincide with maintenance checks, not your wishes.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                  Well it was certainly out of action earlier this year long enough for that to happen. It might be that SVB/C/E end up being a mini-fleet for a while to cover IST and somewhere like BNE.
                  So looks like it is almost certain that these three 772ERs will be the ones to stay past the end of this financial year, despite their age. Must be the one of the oldest aircraft SQ has ever kept in service

Comment

• Originally posted by pokfur View Post
                    My ex-colleague got off 9V-SVE yesterday to IST and informed me that the Y seats looked like those of the A380s, with seat controllers on the seat back. He also said the cabin looked very new and fresh. I’m guessing SVE has gotten the 77W hand me downs.
                    Lol, well I guess we now know which are the remaining three that will be leaving - J M and N.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ957 View Post
                      So looks like it is almost certain that these three 772ERs will be the ones to stay past the end of this financial year, despite their age. Must be the one of the oldest aircraft SQ has ever kept in service
                      SVB has held the crown of 'oldest in the fleet' for about 3 years now after it won the dubious honour off SQE. It may well take an award for oldest ever in fleet and also the 'oldest in fleet' title for the longest.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                        SVB has held the crown of 'oldest in the fleet' for about 3 years now after it won the dubious honour off SQE. It may well take an award for oldest ever in fleet and also the 'oldest in fleet' title for the longest.
                        It’s SQF by the way. I remember going on her once back in 2013... very nostalgic.

Comment

• hmm...looks like they're still into refitting the older 772s then. thought they stopped doing so for awhile.

Comment

• Originally posted by ell3 View Post
                            hmm...looks like they're still into refitting the older 772s then. thought they stopped doing so for awhile.
                            I think it's now a case of when it's convenient to do so. As such, if an older 777 happens to need to be in the hangar for an extended period, it may get the refit if time and resources permit. I'm guessing it's more that there is no longer a planned program to do it so some may never get the hand-me-down 2006 seats.

Comment

• Will we ever see SQ retrofit B772 with hand me down 2006Y seat from A380 in 10 abreast seating plan?

Comment

• Originally posted by davidfusq View Post
                                Will we ever see SQ retrofit B772 with hand me down 2006Y seat from A380 in 10 abreast seating plan?
                                I don't think the A380 Y seats would fit at 10 abreast. They'd have to be narrower.

Comment

Working...
                                X