Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SQ to add 12 NEW destinations this financial year?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can they do sin-vie-mad or sin-mad-ord?

Comment

Originally posted by saobangpo View Post
      can they do sin-vie-mad or sin-mad-ord?
      They could use MAD as a gateway to South America. There’s huge traffic to multiple South American destinations from Madrid. Another option would be East Coast destinations like MIA or MCO.

In any case it would be super welcome, currently their connections to Madrid are limited and generally prohibitive.

Comment

Originally posted by oliverdave View Post
        Vienna!!! I am always baffled that Bangkok has countless direct flights to Vienna yet Singapore has none.
        VIE was scheduled to be the next Scoot destination in Europe. BKK has lots of flights everywhere, mainly low yield.

Originally posted by Buster CT1K View Post
        Chicago would be great!
        ORD has been looked at for a while, including via an intermediate stop.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
          VIE was scheduled to be the next Scoot destination in Europe. BKK has lots of flights everywhere, mainly low yield.
          Was? What happened?

ORD has been looked at for a while, including via an intermediate stop.
          On Changi's wishlist too:
          https://www.flightglobal.com/news/ar...hicago-461012/

Personally I think SQ should do it via Scandinavia, SIN-ARN-ORD or SIN-OSL-ORD. There's probably sufficient demand between all points to warrant 4x weekly.

Comment

Originally posted by Jumbojet Lover View Post
            Was? What happened?
            The 787s shit the bed, I guess. They're probably waiting for reliability to improve before considering it again, since Europe is pretty risky in terms of IRROPs.
            an infrastructure geek

Comment

VIE was scheduled to be the next Scoot destination in Europe.
              Yeah nah. I would still rather stop at FRA/MUC/DUS than fly Scoot. But good to know that a direct could be on the cards.

Comment

Yeah nah. I would still rather stop at FRA/MUC/DUS than fly Scoot. But good to know that a direct could be on the cards.
                Yeah, I'm headed to VIE very shortly and I've chosen the MUC option followed by a Railjet the rest of the way. Scoot for 12+ hours is very much not appealing.

Comment

Personally I think SQ should do it via Scandinavia, SIN-ARN-ORD or SIN-OSL-ORD. There's probably sufficient demand between all points to warrant 4x weekly.
                  The intermediate point they had a look at was not one of those.

Comment

The intermediate point they had a look at was not one of those.
                    MUC? MAN?

Comment

Probably ICN. Asiana has pulled out of ORD

Comment

I’d heard ORD was under consideration via an intermediate point - I think that has gone away for now.

Comment

Vienna!!! I am always baffled that Bangkok has countless direct flights to Vienna yet Singapore has none.
                          Yet as HKG failed VIE and HKG has better pax catchment than SIN until June 2019, I wonder whether SIN-VIE can be profitable?

Comment

Originally posted by Dobbo View Post
                            I’d heard ORD was under consideration via an intermediate point - I think that has gone away for now.
                            Perhaps via HKG?

Comment

Originally posted by Metropolitan Airlines View Post
                              Perhaps via HKG?
                              CX has since entered the HK-Chicago market, up to 10x weekly some times. That said, United has suspended it's Chicago-Hong Kong flight so SQ could provide a Star Alliance connection. However United's decision may be due to a fall in demand from the protests, so not likely SQ will start it now.

Comment

CX has since entered the HK-Chicago market, up to 10x weekly some times. That said, United has suspended it's Chicago-Hong Kong flight so SQ could provide a Star Alliance connection. However United's decision may be due to a fall in demand from the protests, so not likely SQ will start it now.
                                UA could be relying on local HK O&D for their flight.

I wouldn't rule out SQ starting a ULR, but it will be risky...
                                an infrastructure geek

Comment

Working...
                                X