Increasing number of female IFM's ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Increasing number of female IFM's ?

Both SQ flights last week (BNE-SIN and SIN-BKK) had a female IFS as well as my last SQ328 to MAN and I reckon I have had a female IFS on a third of my last dozen or so SQ flights. No idea if there are more of them than before but it certainly seems so.

No disrespect the male IFS's, especially the few that read here , but long may it continue...

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
    No disrespect the male IFS's, especially the few that read here , but long may it continue...
    +1

Comment

Saw a batch of them the other day. Did you stop in SIN or straight through to BKK?

Comment

Originally posted by demue View Post
        Did you stop in SIN or straight through to BKK?
        I stopped but it was a short overnight. I arrived at around 21:00 from BNE and was on the 09:30 to BKK the next day. I was going to drop you a line to see if you fancied a drink but I know how hard you are working on the big project so coupled with an early start decided to do us both a favour and have a quiet one.

Comment

I seem to be another run of Kebaya clad IFS's. I had one on MAN-MUC this week and my last two flights of last year CGK-SIN (where the IFS had also just flown with B727 who was on board) and SIN-MUC. Roughly half of my last dozen or so flights have been the same.

I hate to say it but as you get more interaction with them in F they do seem to be more fun than their male counterparts.

Comment

Was speaking to an LSS on a recent sector, and she said straight up that the number of female IFS is rapidly increasing.
            Fly well,
            Travel safe,
            And have a pleasant journey.

Comment

I think it's a good thing... My last flight to PVG a couple of weeks ago we had a female IFS as well... Let's see what happens on my next flight on friday from HND...
              God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

IFS = In Flight Service?

How can service be male or female (pardon I'm not familiar with this term)?

Shouldn't it be female FAs if that's the case or am I misunderstanding something?

Comment

I think it means In-Flight Supervisor.

Comment

Originally posted by shikhargpt View Post
                    IFS = In Flight Service?

How can service be male or female (pardon I'm not familiar with this term)?

Shouldn't it be female FAs if that's the case or am I misunderstanding something?
                    I believe IFS = In-flight Supervisor. Those in burgundy sarong kebaya

Comment

IFS = Inflight Supervisor, the highest-ranking cabin crew on any flight. He/she serves in the premium cabins but occasionally wanders into Economy, just to make sure things are well.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                        Both SQ flights last week (BNE-SIN and SIN-BKK) had a female IFS as well as my last SQ328 to MAN and I reckon I have had a female IFS on a third of my last dozen or so SQ flights. No idea if there are more of them than before but it certainly seems so.

I've flown on dozen of flights during these last two years and I've never ever met female IFS. I thought there were few of them.
                        If their number is increasing, that's a good thing. No offense to male IFS who, to my personal experience, were generally very good

Comment

Originally posted by SQ22 View Post
                          IFS = Inflight Supervisor, the highest-ranking cabin crew on any flight. He/she serves in the premium cabins but occasionally wanders into Economy, just to make sure things are well.
                          Ahh. Thanks!

Comment

And another female IFS on this mornings MUC-MAN leg of SQ328.

Comment

So you were passing through SIN and didn't say anything? Was it a straight through connection? You know I'm never far from the airport

Comment

Working...
                              X