KF *Gold - Guest access/child access at SIN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KF *Gold - Guest access/child access at SIN

Quick question about Guest access and child access at SIN when flying in Y as KF *EG.

I've flown through before, and have been able to take a guest into either the T3 KF lounge, or the T2 SATS lounge.

In AKL, I've been allowed to take an adult guest, and, if I have my children flying with me (on either of Air NZ or SQ, all under 12), to take them into the Air NZ lounge.

Flying through SIN the other day with wife and family, I wasn't able to take both my wife and family in the T2 lounge. The 'delightful' lady at the desk said that it was because it was a contract lounge.

3 questions
    • Am I right that the T3 lounge is operated by SQ, and the T2 is a contract lounge?
    • Would I be able to take wife and family into the T3 lounge?
    • Do others find it inconsistent that as a SQ *G I can take wife and family into the non-SQ lounge in AKL, but not into a non-SQ lounge in SQ's home port?

Originally posted by SQAKLFlyer View Post
    [*]Do others find it inconsistent that as a SQ *G I can take wife and family into the non-SQ lounge in AKL, but not into a non-SQ lounge in SQ's home port?[/LIST]
    It is indeed inconsistent. But the stricter of the two scenarios is the default one. It's one guest and you were treated very well by NZ i guess

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
      It is indeed inconsistent. But the stricter of the two scenarios is the default one. It's one guest and you were treated very well by NZ i guess
      Just read AirNZ's Koru terms and conditions here . Under 12's are welcome into their lounges.

Seems that yet again SQ's 'service' is actually lagging behind its competitors/partners.

Comment

...[*]Am I right that the T3 lounge is operated by SQ, and the T2 is a contract lounge?....
        All lounges in SIN are operated by SATS under contract from SQ. SQ doesn't operate any lounge in SIN.

....[*]Would I be able to take wife and family into the T3 lounge?...
        By the rules, no. The rules only allow one guest, additional guests are at sole discretion of the lounge attendant.

.....[*]Do others find it inconsistent that as a SQ *G I can take wife and family into the non-SQ lounge in AKL, but not into a non-SQ lounge in SQ's home port?
        Some lounge attendants are more flexible than others. That's the case with everything in life. Some policemen will let you off driving 65 mph in 55 mph zone, some will ticket you.

Comment

*A rules allow ONE guest - it is nothing to do with age of the guest.

Count yourself lucky you got more guests to come with you to the NZ lounge. Just because they were being generous (that time) doesn't mean other lounges have to be.

Personally I'm happy there is inconsistency. For if all benefits were aligned everywhere it would be at the lowest common denominator. Which in terms of lounge access is UA/US rules allowing access only to paid club members or those flying internationally.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiwi View Post
            *A rules allow ONE guest - it is nothing to do with age of the guest.

Count yourself lucky you got more guests to come with you to the NZ lounge. Just because they were being generous (that time) doesn't mean other lounges have to be.

Personally I'm happy there is inconsistency. For if all benefits were aligned everywhere it would be at the lowest common denominator. Which in terms of lounge access is UA/US rules allowing access only to paid club members or those flying internationally.
            I'm not happy with this inconsistency as all it does is creating false sense of entitlement.
            It's a little different from UA/US lounge access policy because that is a published policy and bringing a child/children along with a guest is not.

Comment

Originally posted by kkjay77 View Post
              I'm not happy with this inconsistency as all it does is creating false sense of entitlement.
              It's a little different from UA/US lounge access policy because that is a published policy and bringing a child/children along with a guest is not.
              The published policy is 1 guest only for Star Alliance lounge. So if the rule is being followed, if a couple is travelling with a baby, only the couple can enter the lounge, but not the baby.

So should lounge dragons be given some leeway in allowing extra guests ? Definitely. That's the point of putting a person there, to make decisions.

As someone mentioned, sometimes a traffic police will book you for driving at 100km/hr and sometimes he will not.

Comment

Working...
              X