TR have been cancelling many flights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TR have been cancelling many flights

My own flight on Mon morning was cancelled last Fri and they allowed bookings on Tues morning even though that was also cancelled eventually.

Today's (Wed) morning flight was also canned. So if you have friends who are on TR morning flights to HCMC, pls advise them to draw up some backup plans.

I peeved not bec they cancelled flights but that they still allowed future flights to be booked when they are not even sure if that plane will actually be back in service. (assuming it's mechanical fault).

Very useful information, thank you sabian. Hopefully the weekends fare much better? Have you heard anything about those?

Comment

Welcome Kyo, I am not sure when they actually started cancelling morning flights as I only started to probe after they cancelled my rebooked morning TR flight for Tuesday after they cancelled my Mon morning flight last Fri.

I am monitoring and I think the passenger for Thurs are affected as well as it shows sold out (unlikely) for both Thurs morning and afternoon.

It could just be that they are combining both flights due to low pax numbers or a mechanical problem with a bird.

Comment

last monday TR cancelled its HCM and Bangkok flights and delayed its KL flights - this seems more to do with AOG/mechanicals than low loads as TR still doesnt have enough metals to avoid cancelling flights.

Comment

Today's flight was on although the 0645 KUL flight was cancelled. IP notice that flight cancellations are quite frequent for TR. I have not checked on 3K yet.

Comment

And this morning's SGN flight was cancelled. guess the "mechanical" fault came back again...

Comment

and today 27th Sep, Tiger Cancelled its 630am to Bangkok, its 12.30pm to Bangkok too, and its 430pm to Macau and 8pm to Chennai - whilst Tiger delayed its 625am KL to 1025am; its 830am to Phuket to 12.30pm and its 1245pm to HCM to 5pm - another "usual" Tiger day...............

Comment

Thank you very much. Will definitely shift my flights from TR (have done them twice to HCMC in the last 6 months, thankfully on time), but will not take the risk anymore. Otherwise, overinsure and hope they turn up late!

Comment

Erm, excuse me though, is HCMC Ho Chi Minh city? SGN

Comment

yes HCMC is Ho Chi Minh city or formerly known as saigon

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
                      Erm, excuse me though, is HCMC Ho Chi Minh city? SGN
                      HCMC is just a short form to refer to Ho Chi Minh City, it's not any IATA/ICAO code. SGN is the IATA code and VVTS the ICAO code.

Comment

Macau, Chennai, Krabi and SGN are the casualties this morning.

I am rethinking TR flights too. I got some flights in Nov with them .

Comment

What's up with TR lately?

Comment

Not their airplanes, apparently..

Comment

I am not sure how true it is but TR lost some pilots. Some to EK and VN.

This is from a housing rental agent who arranged their accommodation previously.

In August, she did warn me abt my TR flights but I never thought the SGN route would be hit as it is quite full usually.

Comment

Working...
                              X