Big changes coming to SKL / TPR / KF G at T3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 9V-SKU View Post
    Very interesting, thanks for sharing. Any idea when this will be publicly announced?
    No, sorry. It's taken them that long to get to this stage as it is. They were supposed to be refurbing TPR three years ago, now they want to move it. The work is supposed to start by July latest, but then again...

Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
    Well it won't be hard for it to have better bathrooms, given it currently has no bathrooms whatsoever. You can't even wash your hands in there!
    I knew it didn't have showers but didn't realise it doesn't even have toilet facilities. That's outrageous. No wonder they made a point of saying about the new one will have showers!.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post

I knew it didn't have showers but didn't realise it doesn't even have toilet facilities. That's outrageous. No wonder they made a point of saying about the new one will have showers!.
      The one at T2 has a toilet...... but you have to go out and turn right to go to the toilet
      visit my blog

Comment

Well overdue for an overhaul of all the Silverkris lounges at SIN. T2 also, not just T3. Food at F class is often not as good as the J class lounge, ironically, especially at non-peak times like midday. The food at the F class lounge just doesn’t turn over quickly at those times, so it’s not as fresh. And there often more choice at the J class lounges. And TPR can be even worse. The food comes 2-3 minutes after ordering, so they are just microwaving food that’s already been cooked. That’s a pretty low standard. Many other airlines have awesome F lounges with real dining experience, and for the TPR, that should be the reference point. More than once, I’ve left the TPR to go get fresher and tastier food at the J lounge.

Comment

Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
          The one at T2 has a toilet...... but you have to go out and turn right to go to the toilet
          Does it have showers as well ?.

Originally posted by Short Final View Post
          Well overdue for an overhaul of all the Silverkris lounges at SIN. T2 also, not just T3. Food at F class is often not as good as the J class lounge, ironically, especially at non-peak times like midday. The food at the F class lounge just doesn’t turn over quickly at those times, so it’s not as fresh. And there often more choice at the J class lounges. And TPR can be even worse. The food comes 2-3 minutes after ordering, so they are just microwaving food that’s already been cooked. That’s a pretty low standard. Many other airlines have awesome F lounges with real dining experience, and for the TPR, that should be the reference point. More than once, I’ve left the TPR to go get fresher and tastier food at the J lounge.
          Agree with all that. All the lounges have fallen behind : T2 SKL J & F, T3 SKL J & F and definitely TPR, which is the flagship lounge of an airlines that likes to consider itself right up there is just not good enough in this day and age.

Comment

Thanks for the update, MAN Flyer.
            It is really time for SQ to catch up to competitors, or even surpass them!
            Please, please SQ - use CX's The Pier in HKG as your benchmark.
            Even The Pier Business Class side blows SKL First Class out of the water.

Comment

SQ needs to up their ground experience game. A great way to fly, sure, but not so much before and after your flight. Their "home-away-from-home" concept roll-out has been really slow.

Comment

Originally posted by Jumbojet Lover View Post
                SQ needs to up their ground experience game. A great way to fly, sure, but not so much before and after your flight. Their "home-away-from-home" concept roll-out has been really slow.
                I wonder if they are developing a whole new concept for the flagship lounges at T2 and T3. Arguably when you’re still in Singapore there’s no point in “home-away-from home”.

Comment

Honestly I never really got the home away from home concept. None of the lounges I’ve been to from London to Australia gave me a feeling of home except for a few food dishes ( which were pretty good like the nasi lemak and laksa in LHR F)

Unless SQ replaces the tables and chairs with wooden stools / benches and marble top tables with the lounge dragons screaming kopi.... at the top of their lungs I’d hardly see any resemblance of home. It all western influence design. Even the coffee is “ang moh” type

Comment

I don't think they mean home as in Singapore...… I think they mean home as in house, living/dining/reading room since 90% of fliers must surely not even be Singaporean.

Comment

Originally posted by scooby5 View Post
                      I don't think they mean home as in Singapore...… I think they mean home as in house, living/dining/reading room since 90% of fliers must surely not even be Singaporean.
                      Cathay Pacific went for a residential theme for their lounges as well, which has been executed and rolled out more successfully than SQ.
                      London-based Studioilse has transformed a corner of Hong Kong’s international airport into a new 2,000 sq metre first class lounge for Cathay Pacific. ‘Before we designed a single thing we started questioning what luxury really means to first class travellers today,’ says Studioilse founder Ilse Crawford. ‘We spent a lot of time in lounges watching and talking with people. It was riveting.’

The result is a world away from the typical corporate lounge aesthetic to a space more akin to an elegant apartment, except in this one, the living room, library and dining room comes with a well-being area, signature fragrance and curated music.
                      https://www.wallpaper.com/travel/stu...tional-airport

Comment

Renovation of KrisFlyer Gold Lounge at Changi Airport Terminal 3

Dear Mr Chisquared,

As part of Singapore Airlines’ commitment to constantly elevate the customer experience, both in the air and on the ground, we will be investing more than SGD50 million as we upgrade our SilverKris and KrisFlyer Gold Lounges at Singapore Changi Airport Terminal 3.

As a KrisFlyer Elite Gold member, you can look forward to a new KrisFlyer Gold lounge with twice the capacity of the former, offering dedicated working spaces, larger al fresco seating and dining areas, as well as restrooms and showers within the lounge.

Renovation works will commence in August 2019 and are expected to be completed by mid-2021. From 31 July 2019, you will be invited to an alternative KrisFlyer Gold Lounge in the same terminal to ensure minimal disruption. We are pleased to share that restrooms and shower facilities will be available in this lounge.

You can also continue to utilise the KrisFlyer Gold Lounge at Changi Airport Terminal 2.

We seek your patience during this time, as we work towards enhancing your travel experiences.

Thank you.

Yours Sincerely,

Renee Chong
                        Manager Loyalty Marketing
                        Restrooms and showers in the lounge at last!

Comment

Good news is that's just the temporary alternative to accommodate renovation work.

The final KrisFlyer Gold lounge will also include restrooms and showers, at last!

Comment

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news...grade-11690992

Comment

Change is on the way.

https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/s.../ne1319-190704

Comment

"The construction process will be carried out over four phases, during which the lounges will be progressively renovated in sections, starting with the Business Class Lounge, followed by the First Class Lounge and The Private Room, and finally the KrisFlyer Gold Lounge. Customers affected by renovation works will be invited to temporary lounges to ensure minimal disruption during this period."

A little confusing. The news release seems to suggest that the KFG lounge will be the last to undergo renovation, but in other news, it is the KFG lounge that will be closed from 31 July 2019 until 2021?

Comment

Working...
                                X