CX A330/777 fleet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CX A330/777 fleet

Hello! Just like the SQ fleet page, does anyone have a listing of which registration numbers belong to CX's regional and long-haul 330s and 777s? From what I understand, B-H** stands for 773s and B-K** stands for 77Ws but is that correct? The A330s seem to be trickier though.

Originally posted by hybridace101 View Post
    Hello! Just like the SQ fleet page, does anyone have a listing of which registration numbers belong to CX's regional and long-haul 330s and 777s? From what I understand, B-H** stands for 773s and B-K** stands for 77Ws but is that correct? The A330s seem to be trickier though.
    Here's a little summary that I have about Cathay Pacific's fleet

A333: it's hard to differentiate between regional and longhaul but most B-HL* has regional cabin 24J293Y (this cabin is slowly being phased out and/or transferred to KA) while all B-LA* and B-LB* has reverse herringbone business class and newer economy seats (layout 39J21W191Y or 39J223Y)
    A359: B-LR* and B-LQ*
    A35K: B-LX*
    B773: B-HN* except B-HNR
    B77W: B-HNR, B-KP*, and B-KQ*, it's a mix between 4 class and 3 class ones.

Comment

There is a document from CX's Flyertalk page that will provide the information

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1.../pub#h.3znysh7

Comment

^^
        Quite a detailed list although the destinations for each aircraft may be a bit confusing.

After checking the 9-abeast 77Ws, they seem to be doing mostly regional flights though (exceptions are one JFK, FCO, and LHR flight), which is unfortunate for long-haul travellers looking for more space from their seatmates.

Comment

^^
          Quite a detailed list although the destinations for each aircraft may be a bit confusing.

After checking the 9-abeast 77Ws, they seem to be doing mostly regional flights though (exceptions are one JFK, FCO, and LHR flight), which is unfortunate for long-haul travellers looking for more space from their seatmates.
          There is a lot of swap from 77W to 359/35K for numerous NA and EU ports resulting in the slack.
          Last edited by SINFJ; 11 January 2020, 12:22 PM.

Comment

Are the 10-abreast Y seats on the 777s almost exactly the same as the 2016 Y seats on the A359s? I noticed the Y seats on the A35K are slightly different from the A359.

Comment

Are the 10-abreast Y seats on the 777s almost exactly the same as the 2016 Y seats on the A359s? I noticed the Y seats on the A35K are slightly different from the A359.
              No, they are not. I avoiding all CX B777-3000 and B777-300ER flights now and only take flights only on A350 and A330 if I choose to fly on CX.

(Audio)

Comment

Originally posted by SINFJ View Post
                There is a document from CX's Flyertalk page that will provide the information

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1.../pub#h.3znysh7
                Another thing I noticed, the number of 773s (not 77Ws) increased from 12 to 17. Has Boeing continued producing 773s all this time even after it rolled out the 77Ws?

Comment

Another thing I noticed, the number of 773s (not 77Ws) increased from 12 to 17. Has Boeing continued producing 773s all this time even after it rolled out the 77Ws?
                  They came used from EK.
                  Last edited by FN-GM; 1 February 2020, 03:47 PM. Reason: Typo

Comment

^^

And yet, it feels like it is a CX original.

Comment

Originally posted by maxc_20 View Post
                      Here's a little summary that I have about Cathay Pacific's fleet

A333: it's hard to differentiate between regional and longhaul but most B-HL* has regional cabin 24J293Y (this cabin is slowly being phased out and/or transferred to KA) while all B-LA* and B-LB* has reverse herringbone business class and newer economy seats (layout 39J21W191Y or 39J223Y)
                      A359: B-LR* and B-LQ*
                      A35K: B-LX*
                      B773: B-HN* except B-HNR
                      B77W: B-HNR, B-KP*, and B-KQ*, it's a mix between 4 class and 3 class ones.
                      I read somewhere some 'long haul' A330s will be reconfigured to have a total of 293 seats. What does it mean? Would they get rid of certain products?

Comment

I read somewhere some 'long haul' A330s will be reconfigured to have a total of 293 seats. What does it mean? Would they get rid of certain products?
                        39J becomes 28J. No PE
                        Essentially, J after door 1, Y after door 2

Comment

^^

And yet, it feels like it is a CX original.
                          Becos they did it the same as the crappy 3/4/3 Y cabin

Comment

Working...
                          X