SQTalk  

Go Back   SQTalk > Singapore Airlines > All About Singapore Airlines

Old 12th October 2017, 04:43 PM   #781
SQfanatic
SQTalk Solitaire PPS

Programs: KrisFlyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQkid View Post
Hmm...I wonder which is the next 77W to be refitted since SWW is back in service. They all seem to be quite busy trying to coping with the remaining 3 class routes.
I hope it'll be SWG, or SWI before they take care of the last two as those are 10 years old and still fitted with the older interior. At some point or the other, they will be retrofitted. I already mentioned November 20th, both PVG (836/825, evening flight from SIN) and SYD (211/212, later morning flight from SIN) will change to a daily 77WR. We are left with HND and MEL (237/238) and I guess, NRT (during its 77W period).

The fact SWW and SWY are back in the air (and within the next 4-5 more weeks, SWV), we know 211/212 need 2 frames, because 212 obviously arrives 29 hours later. PVG just needs 1. We also have to take CDG (interim) into account after AKL goes back to the A380 at the end of this month.

When they took SNA out of service for a conversion to a 77WR, then that with no other additional 77W were taken off at that time like it is now.

SWW is next to go to AKL, and EF shows 4F, which is a 77WR config, I usually tend to know best if it does LAX or CPH routes. Can't believe less than a year has passed, my father and I had flown SQ1 on SWW back in December when it was a 77WN.
SQfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2017, 05:08 PM   #782
SQ228
SQTalk Life Solitaire PPS

Programs: KFEG

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQfanatic View Post
SWW is next to go to AKL, and EF shows 4F, which is a 77WR config, I usually tend to know best if it does LAX or CPH routes.
pokfur told you he was on SWW and he knows planes well and knows what a 77WR is. We don't need to wait for it to fly to LAX. He's a regular and insightful contributor. (The 'he' is assumed though.)
SQ228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2017, 11:21 PM   #783
pokfur
SQTalk Elite Gold

Programs: SQ PPS Club, BA Silver

Quote:
If anything, I thought 77WN refits just involve taking a few rows off and adding PEY. R
Absolutely not. Even just comparing the seat maps available on SQ's website will show you that toilet locations are different, and that galleys have been reconfigured as well. As a result, I can imagine that all seats need to be removed, toilets and galleys reconfigured, overhead panels removed/put in place, side walls replaced where windows will be blocked/unblocked due to change in cabin size. If anything, i doubt it takes any less time than an old 77W being reconfigured... For sure I know the old double J galley which cabin crew told me they like have now been reconfigured to just a single J galley.

The cabin crew who was serving me to MNL told me the seats were all brand new too, and I don't doubt her since it really did appear that way. Even if not brand new, the upholstery maybe was replaced. I didn't flip down the F seat to check, but presumably if the 'indent' in row 1 is gone, then definitely it will be a new seat since in 8F versions, row 1 have an indent in the head area while row 2 doesn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQ228 View Post
pokfur told you he was on SWW and he knows planes well and knows what a 77WR is. We don't need to wait for it to fly to LAX. He's a regular and insightful contributor. (The 'he' is assumed though.)
I am very much a 'he' And thanks for the compliment SQ228. I can say the same about you too!
pokfur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2017, 03:11 AM   #784
Wan1dap
SQTalk Elite Gold

Programs: SQ TPPS (16), NZ Gold, EK Gold, UA Premier Gold, TG Silver, QF Bronze

Quote:
I hope it'll be SWG, or SWI before they take care of the last two as those are 10 years old and still fitted with the older interior. At some point or the other, they will be retrofitted. I already mentioned November 20th, both PVG (836/825, evening flight from SIN) and SYD (211/212, later morning flight from SIN) will change to a daily 77WR. We are left with HND and MEL (237/238) and I guess, NRT (during its 77W period).

The fact SWW and SWY are back in the air (and within the next 4-5 more weeks, SWV), we know 211/212 need 2 frames, because 212 obviously arrives 29 hours later. PVG just needs 1. We also have to take CDG (interim) into account after AKL goes back to the A380 at the end of this month.

When they took SNA out of service for a conversion to a 77WR, then that with no other additional 77W were taken off at that time like it is now.

SWW is next to go to AKL, and EF shows 4F, which is a 77WR config, I usually tend to know best if it does LAX or CPH routes. Can't believe less than a year has passed, my father and I had flown SQ1 on SWW back in December when it was a 77WN.
Youre clearly very au fait with SQs fleet - wondering if you work for them? If not you must be a very regular traveller. Im only TPPS in my 16th consecutive year - assume you are way ahead of me. Could you provide trip reports comparing your personal experiences on the various versions of 77W?
Wan1dap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2017, 09:48 PM   #785
JonathanL
SQTalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wan1dap View Post
Youre clearly very au fait with SQs fleet - wondering if you work for them? If not you must be a very regular traveller. Im only TPPS in my 16th consecutive year - assume you are way ahead of me. Could you provide trip reports comparing your personal experiences on the various versions of 77W?
Weeks of reading this forum before joining as a member taught me to reach for the salt whenever SQfanatic's post appear in any of the threads
JonathanL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2017, 12:39 AM   #786
SQavgeek
SQTalk Elite Gold

SVB is still out of service, any idea why?
SQavgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2017, 01:02 PM   #787
SQkid
SQTalk Elite Silver

Anyone has any idea with regards to the 772 flying as SQ8871 to Johor and back? Is it some sort of test flight or something else? I am quite new here so if it is something that is known already , please kindly give me an idea or a link to the page. Thanks.
SQkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2017, 02:39 PM   #788
SQavgeek
SQTalk Elite Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQkid View Post
Anyone has any idea with regards to the 772 flying as SQ8871 to Johor and back? Is it some sort of test flight or something else? I am quite new here so if it is something that is known already , please kindly give me an idea or a link to the page. Thanks.
I saw a few other 772's that had done strange flights with 4-digit flight numbers.

9V-SQK (15th October) - SQ8871 (SIN-JHB and back)
9V-SRL (18th - 19th October) - SQ8891/SQ8892 (SIN-BWN and back)
9V-SRO (13th - 14th October) - SQ8935/SQ8936 (SIN-ROK and back)

Also 9V-SVF has done several flights to Johor Bahru and Rockhampton.

They do seem like some kind of test flights? All of these aircrafts have gone back to normal service though.

Last edited by SQavgeek; 19th October 2017 at 02:45 PM..
SQavgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2017, 03:07 PM   #789
sbs2716g
SQTalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQavgeek View Post
I saw a few other 772's that had done strange flights with 4-digit flight numbers.

9V-SQK (15th October) - SQ8871 (SIN-JHB and back)
9V-SRL (18th - 19th October) - SQ8891/SQ8892 (SIN-BWN and back)
9V-SRO (13th - 14th October) - SQ8935/SQ8936 (SIN-ROK and back)

Also 9V-SVF has done several flights to Johor Bahru and Rockhampton.

They do seem like some kind of test flights? All of these aircrafts have gone back to normal service though.
BWN n ROK should be chartered flight for SAF troops going for training at Brunei n Rockhampton. Not so sure about the flight to JHB though
sbs2716g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2017, 06:55 PM   #790
SQkid
SQTalk Elite Silver

The flights to JHB based on FR24 shows that they circle the airport for quite a while at a low altitude as well.
SQkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2017, 11:49 PM   #791
PEK A380
SQTalker

Deleted

Last edited by PEK A380; 19th October 2017 at 11:51 PM.. Reason: Deleting Duplicate Post
PEK A380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2017, 11:50 PM   #792
PEK A380
SQTalker

Perhaps this is a new training flight that they have to conduct away from SIN due to congestion (involving flying patterns and etc? Or even outsourcing of maintainence (as rediculous as that sounds)? Just a wild guess but if anyone has any other theories Id love to know.
PEK A380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2017, 10:02 AM   #793
CarbonMan
SQTalk Life Solitaire PPS

Programs: PPS by the grace of SQ

New Boeing purchases to be announced next week.

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapor...anes-next-week
CarbonMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2017, 10:22 AM   #794
9V-JKL
SQTalk Life Solitaire PPS LPP2

I wonder are the performance figures for the 787-10 that impressive for SQ to buy more?
9V-JKL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2017, 11:26 AM   #795
SQ025
SQTalk Elite Gold

Quote:
Singapore Airlines spokesman Nicholas Ionides confirmed that the aircraft order announced as a letter of intent earlier this year is expected to be formally signed during PM Lee's visit to Washington.
Sounds like that they just firming up the earlier announced order. Maybe they transfer some options into firm orders.
SQ025 is offline   Reply With Quote