Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hotels in Seoul.

Hello everyone,

Wanted to get some professional opinion from you guys regarding which hotel to stay in Seoul. First time in Korea and will be going over for a week for some sight-seeing and all the usual touristy stuff.

Have read thru some posts in the forum and an hotel report on the Westin Chosun, which seems to be a good choice, especially with their buy 4 nights get 2 free promo.

But it seems that some travellers swear by the Ibis Myeong-Dong as well, which looks like a much cheaper option. The location seems to be superb or maybe even the best as well.

This is further complicated by the fact that it seems my dad could book a Grand Hyatt Exec. Floor Room at about HKD$1200 (cor. rate)per night. I think this is a great deal combined with the fact that the rooms have just been renovated. However, the hotel's hilltop location seems to tip the scale adversely.

Was also thinking of the Millennium Seoul Hilton, but that's just for the HH points.

So, all in all, which hotel would be ideal. Budget-wise they're all within means. I guess I'm really focusing on accessibility as I'll be traveling with my mom, who unfortunately isn't a big fan of walking, especially long walks.

Besides these, I'm open to other suggestions as well

Please do share any comments and opinions Thanks alot for the help

Originally posted by kennyy View Post
    Was also thinking of the Millennium Seoul Hilton, but that's just for the HH points.
    Greetings from the Millenium Seoul Hilton.

This is my fourth stay here now and I quite like the place. Always been upgraded to exec lounge no problem. as Gold and now Diamond. It's handy for walking into the centre of the City, which is short walk down the hill. I have also stayed once at the Westin when I had no SPG status. That is a nice Hotel and right in town.

It's easy enough to get here on the KAL Hotel bus. You need stopp 11 number 2, which is right in front of the ticket counter. Costs KRW 14,000 and takes about an hour, or longer if it's rush hour. ICN is a long way out of town.

Comment

I have stayed at the Ascott's Somerset Palace, a very new property of theirs and it was very, very nice. Takes about 10 mins to walk to the Lotte Dept store (if you know the shortest way, but it's not too difficult). Also, there's an Airport Limousine that drops you very close to the hotel.

The Ibis is in Myeong-Dong, right in the CBD, excellent location for a cheap price. If I was staying there on my own pocket, I'd do the Ibis as I'm also under the Accor Advantage Plus program, which offers 15% off Hot Deals (only member-viewable). The rates were excellent.

Since I was under Accor, I decided to spend my other night's stay at the Sofitel Ambassador and still knock off 15%. Lovely hotel, fantastic views, and a beautiful room. It's 5-stars, but the location is a little far. I would not recommend walking to Myeong-Dong from here. The amenities provided are Roger & Gallet Paris, very nice with a bamboo motif. A great hotel all around whether for business or pleasure. However a cab ride from here to the airport costs 70,000KRW.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
        Greetings from the Millenium Seoul Hilton.

This is my fourth stay here now and I quite like the place. Always been upgraded to exec lounge no problem. as Gold and now Diamond. It's handy for walking into the centre of the City, which is short walk down the hill. I have also stayed once at the Westin when I had no SPG status. That is a nice Hotel and right in town.

It's easy enough to get here on the KAL Hotel bus. You need stopp 11 number 2, which is right in front of the ticket counter. Costs KRW 14,000 and takes about an hour, or longer if it's rush hour. ICN is a long way out of town.
        Thanks for the advice MAN Flyer! But I think Hilton Seoul is no longer an option. Haha...turns out the only kind of rooms left available have the same price tag as that of a room in the Park Hyatt...haha...

However, don't mind me asking, since you're in Seoul now, hows the weather like? Hot and humid or nice weather?

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
          I have stayed at the Ascott's Somerset Palace, a very new property of theirs and it was very, very nice. Takes about 10 mins to walk to the Lotte Dept store (if you know the shortest way, but it's not too difficult). Also, there's an Airport Limousine that drops you very close to the hotel.

The Ibis is in Myeong-Dong, right in the CBD, excellent location for a cheap price. If I was staying there on my own pocket, I'd do the Ibis as I'm also under the Accor Advantage Plus program, which offers 15% off Hot Deals (only member-viewable). The rates were excellent.

Since I was under Accor, I decided to spend my other night's stay at the Sofitel Ambassador and still knock off 15%. Lovely hotel, fantastic views, and a beautiful room. It's 5-stars, but the location is a little far. I would not recommend walking to Myeong-Dong from here. The amenities provided are Roger & Gallet Paris, very nice with a bamboo motif. A great hotel all around whether for business or pleasure. However a cab ride from here to the airport costs 70,000KRW.
          Thanks Kyo Ibis is indeed a great option, not to mention the very attractive prices

Any comments on the rooms though? Oh yes, most importantly, what's the best way to get there from Incheon?

Comment

I'm sorry to say I did not stay at the Ibis, merely walked outside (I know where it is). As such, I cannot comment on the rooms.

All the best. I know from searching last night that rates can be fairly hefty, even for the Ibis Myeong-Dong as on some dates in September, their 'members rates' category is the cheapest one with a selectable option. However it's still 40% more than they would charge if there was a Hot Deals section.

Frankly, I would consider the Novotel Doksan as it seems cheaper than the Ibis, and the quality should be higher as well. The Sofitel also, is not much of a difference in price.

If you can stretch your budget to around 155,000KRW, the Somerset Palace is a really decent deal. Plus you get FFP mileage staying with Ascott generally (Sofitel, and Novotel also).

The best way to get there from ICN airport, is by Airport Limousine (bus) to save quite a bit of moolah.

Taxi's faster and shaves about 20 mins off... maybe more, depending on how many other hotels the Airport Limousine has to stop before heading to the airport.

Comment

Working...
            X