please recommend me a hotel at Heathrow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• please recommend me a hotel at Heathrow

I need to send one night at heathrow which hotel would you reconmnend i will be departing from T3 at 11:00 am

Thanks skooby

With an 11am departure time I would not stay at an airport hotel. Easy enough to get to the airport from elsewhere in London.

Comment

Possable but i want to be at the airport early by about 07:00 and dont realy fancy travelling very far.

So anyway if not heathrow where near by would you sugest

Thanks
      Skooby

Comment

4 hours seems a bit OTT for a 11am flight but YMMV.

Your hotel choice depends on your budget and what hotel chain (if any) you prefer, e.g. SPG, PC etc.

If you want to get to Heathrow by 7am, you can also stay (say) near Paddington and catch the Heathrow Express in the morning.

Comment

http://www.sqtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2037

As mentioned, there are various hotels around LHR plus the Hilton which you walk to without leaving the airport and the Yotel inside LHR T4.

http://www.hilton.co.uk/heathrow
          http://www.yotel.com/

Comment

Thanks for that. i dont think the whife would go for the yotel.

I was thinking about trying the soon to be opened ,as i dont need the hotel untile the end of summer, sofitel at heathrow.

The hilton is overprice in my opinion what do you think of the Sheriton skyline or the radisson edwardian or renaissance.

Skooby

Comment

I imagine the Sofitel at T5 will be much like the Sofitel at LGW, i.e. very expensive.

I've only stayed a few times in the Sheraton Skyline - nothing spectacular but okay - and haven't tried the other two you mention. There's also the Sheraton Heathrow which is cheaper than the Skyline.

I think the main question for you is what you want to do the night before and how long you'll be out. Better I think to stay in London itself, enjoy a night out (without having to worry about having to get back down to Heathrow that evening) and make your way early in the morning by HEX (15 mins from Paddington) or the Piccadilly Line (about 1 hour from central London).

Comment

Thanks for the replys

I dont thinkill be upto going out in london for the night then flying to syd in the morning though!!!

I some likly end up at the cheapest out of the few i've mentioned

BTW The Sofitel does rooms from £115 which isnt bad.

Skooby

Comment

Originally posted by skooby View Post
                  I dont thinkill be upto going out in london for the night then flying to syd in the morning though!!!
                  Why not? You have 24 hours to sleep it off.

You may not be able to check in 4 hours before departure in any case.

Comment

I know to stay at the airport is for convenience. But from my experience at LHR, yes if it's the expensive Hilton at T4, it's convenience. But if off-site like Sheraton Skyline etc, you do have to take the public bus. You have to walk to the bus stop.
                    Again, what time will you be arriving at LHR? If in the evening prior, yes, it makes sense to stay at the airport. But let's say around 3pm. I would rather go to the city in this case. Nice relaxing evening in London. And yes, if you stay nearPaddington, the next morning you can just take Hex. Buut for many of us who is in budget, Piccadilly line is the way to go. Longer but cheaper.
                    Also, as far as I remember, the check-in counter for SQ at 11am will not be opened 4 hours prior as I recalled.
                    As Kiwi said, you have 24 hours at least in the plane to reach SYD. Plenty of rest in the plane even in economy.

In short, when do you plan to arrive at LHR the day before?

Comment

As you are departing from T3 I would recommend the Hilton at Paddington. It is much nicer than the one at T4 and it is just about as quick to get to T3 from Paddington on the HEX as it is to walk from the hotel and connect on the HEX from T4 to T3.

Comment

Originally posted by skooby View Post
                        Thanks for that. i dont think the whife would go for the yotel.

I was thinking about trying the soon to be opened ,as i dont need the hotel untile the end of summer, sofitel at heathrow.

The hilton is overprice in my opinion what do you think of the Sheriton skyline or the radisson edwardian or renaissance.

Skooby

Skooby

Have stayed both at Radisson Edwardian and Renaissance (but not since the refurbishment). Just a nondescript type of hotels. Have never returned as it was just a bed to lay my head for the night. Not a lot to do there, I'm afraid.

As others have suggested, you can head to London but that will cost you £15.50 one way using Heathrow Express. Hence £62 total for your trip into London.

Cheers
                        Shaggy

Comment

Thanks again for the replys.

The 7 am arrival at the terminal was a misstage i ment to say 3 hour before departure as im worried about the security lines and how long they can take to get throw though with a j BP hopefully not to long.

I think i might try to soon to be opened sofitel at T5 as thats whewre i arrive into then in the morning get a taxi ti T3 should be about £115 for a double.
                          realy dont fancy then london opion though thanks for the sugestions

Skooby

Comment

Originally posted by Lobster View Post
                            As you are departing from T3 I would recommend the Hilton at Paddington. It is much nicer than the one at T4 and it is just about as quick to get to T3 from Paddington on the HEX as it is to walk from the hotel and connect on the HEX from T4 to T3.
                            I totally agree with this. I dislike all Heathrow Hotels. Another option is the Hilton Metropole which is a 5 minute walk from Paddington station.

With a J BP you'll get through security in about 5-10 minutes at the moment. It does look as if all the untold grief BAA have had from all quarters about the disgraceful state of (and queue's at) LHR is starting to pay off and they are doing something about it.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                              With a J BP you'll get through security in about 5-10 minutes at the moment. It does look as if all the untold grief BAA have had from all quarters about the disgraceful state of (and queue's at) LHR is starting to pay off and they are doing something about it.
                              I don't know about T3 but in my last two trips through T4 and T5 respectively, slow track was quicker than fast track so a J/F BP would have been sod all use.

Comment

Working...
                              X