Finding a hotel in Bangkok

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kyo View Post
    How long for? You've dropped off the radar! Whereabouts nowadays are you based? Drop by SIN sometime and feel free to PM on Facebook
    I've seen him a few times recently. He's moved about 1600 miles from where he was.

Comment

• Did you mean 1665?

Comment

• Just arrive the SGS, still no upgrade. They have only completed the refurbishing floors 10-19 so still going to be a long time before they have all the floors back again.

Bar Su shut again (opened for three nights and then the Curfew was announced). But they think the curfew will be lifted in a few days so they are hoping to be open this Thursday

Comment

• I guess the curfew is really a bummer for tourists looking for fun

Comment

• Originally posted by Powerpoke View Post
            I guess the curfew is really a bummer for tourists looking for fun
            But the fun can start again as they have lifted the curfew across the country as from yesterday

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobster View Post
              But the fun can start again as they have lifted the curfew across the country as from yesterday
              Let's hope the upgrades at the SGS start again...

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                Let's hope the upgrades at the SGS start again...
                I'm there again next week so I'll see if I have any luck but I doubt it. They have only refurbished floors 10-19 so are still less than half way through the refurb.

Comment

• Well I did actually get an upgrade my first since they started the refurbishment I think

In fact I had a good day for upgrade CX also upgraded me for my flight from HKG-BKK.

Comment

• Just checked into the Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok. Was given one of the recently renovated rooms...very tastefully done. One of the nicer hotel rooms I have stayed in recently. Took a few pics which I plan to post...

Comment

• Originally posted by yflyer View Post
                      Just checked into the Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok. Was given one of the recently renovated rooms...very tastefully done. One of the nicer hotel rooms I have stayed in recently. Took a few pics which I plan to post...
                      All the rooms have been renovated now, save for a handful of the speciality suites.

Be interested to hear what you make of the large glass table they have put in the rooms now. I liked it at first, but now agree with others who say it's too big. They are allegedly going to replace them with smaller ones due to the complaints.

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                        All the rooms have been renovated now, save for a handful of the speciality suites.

Be interested to hear what you make of the large glass table they have put in the rooms now. I liked it at first, but now agree with others who say it's too big. They are allegedly going to replace them with smaller ones due to the complaints.
                        Now that you mentioned it, the glass table is a little larger than necessary, and makes the daybed/sofa a little less accessible, but I didn't see it as an issue. A large table might even be a plus if I had to eat and work/surf at the same time...

Writing up a TR, which includes a pic of the above-mentioned table
                        Last edited by yflyer; 2 August 2014, 09:12 PM.

Comment

• Had the chance to try out the Re-opened New / Gastro BarSu at the SGS earlier this week.

They have made a few changes to the layout with more tables set out for guests to sit at and have added a few tables leading out from the bar. They have a much more extensive food menu now, which is nice to see as it did baffle me why they heavily reduced the menu offerings about 18 months ago. One of the staff reminded me that it had been closed for eight months.

http://www.barsubangkok.com/en/barsugoesgastro

Comment

• Just had my first experience of the new Bar Su Gastro and I'm not impressed. Yes they have more food on offer but it is still fairly limited. It is not somewhere I would go out to for dinner. But they have stopped the bands and DJ and just play easy listening music. So it is no longer a place you really want to go to drink either

The only saving grace is that they managed to keep their staff

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobster View Post

The only saving grace is that they managed to keep their staff
                              Indeed. How is it doing in general since it re-opened, did they say ?.

Comment

• When I have been in there it has been totally dead, even at about 11pm on a Friday night. It seems to be busiest during the cocktail period with the delux benefit people getting their free drinks.

I don't think they really care about it anymore, all they are pushing is the new dine in the dark restaurant which is at the back of Bar Su

Comment

Working...
                                X