Coronavirus : Flight cancellations and contingencies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
    I very much doubt it. They can't get the containers through a standard cabin door so it will need cargo doors fitting. In addition the floor needs strengthening. I don't believe the 787 has been certified to fly cargo on the main deck either.

Maybe they can just put the boxes/cargoes at the seats n then cover with the net. There are other carriers doing it. Saw some photos at airliners.net

Comment

• Yup they can carry boxes on the seats and Chinese airlines have been doing this to send medical equipment and medicines to Wuhan and generally seen them using A320s.

Comment

• A grand total of 4 Singapore passenger aircraft in the air right now.

SQ321, SQ322 & SQ828

also SQ8252 (9V-SCA) no destination listed on FR24. My guess is a Singapore government charter to pick stranded citizens from somewhere.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ217 View Post
          also SQ8252 (9V-SCA) no destination listed on FR24. My guess is a Singapore government charter to pick stranded citizens from somewhere.
          9V-SCA is headed to HKG.
          Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

• SQ833/SQ807 both operated as cargo only flight from PVG and PEK?
            Changi Airport arrival information only show as VA5551/VA5553? Did not even show the SQ flight number n terminal.

31/3 changi have only 16 arrival flight if i am not wrong.
            Wonder why they still do not want to close some of the terminals

Comment

• Originally posted by sbs2716g View Post
              SQ833/SQ807 both operated as cargo only flight from PVG and PEK?
              Changi Airport arrival information only show as VA5551/VA5553? Did not even show the SQ flight number n terminal.

Helps with social distancing I guess, but probably makes disinfecting more difficult. Changi must really look like a ghost town if they are only getting 16 arrivals in day and my guess is most of those flights are less then 50% full.

Comment

• Today SQ326 is on its way to FRA.

Comment

Both flights were operating as cargo flights and went straight to the freighter bays.

Comment

Some SLA (service level agreement) issue and perhaps figuring out how to deal with tenants.

Comment

• Well CAG should have decide earlier and make the necessary arrangements with tenants, as thnk the tenants of the terminals to be closed would be glad too as with so few flights as 95% of th total flights are closed, there be hardly any passengers shopping in the terminals too. It will be save alot of electricity and other variable costs if CAG wiere to operate only one terminal.

Comment

• Originally posted by flyguy View Post
                        Well CAG should have decide earlier and make the necessary arrangements with tenants, as thnk the tenants of the terminals to be closed would be glad too as with so few flights as 95% of th total flights are closed, there be hardly any passengers shopping in the terminals too. It will be save alot of electricity and other variable costs if CAG wiere to operate only one terminal.
                        they might have done so, but there might be other reasons.

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post
                          9V-SCA is headed to HKG.
                          9V-SCK served SQ11/12 only up to NRT

Comment

• Spotted 8 SQ planes parked along the taxiway from T2 runway to the 3rd runway/changi airbase. 3 of them are 77W (SWE/SNA and one more ). Another 9-10 aircraft were parked along the taxiway parallel to the 3rd runway. One of them in white livery with red tail. Another is all white livery. The rest are all SQ.

Comment

• SQ April schedule have been released

https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/s...t/?id=k88gnin9

Comment

SQ April schedule have been released

https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/s...t/?id=k88gnin9
                                Flights to Australia per week down from 150+ to just 3

Comment

Working...
                                X