No announcement yet.

Coronavirus : Flight cancellations and contingencies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those who are interested, Airlineroute.net has published the preliminary schedule of Singapore Airlines flights from 12 April to 30 April.

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38...as-of-27mar20/

So far, I note that no 380 flights are loaded. Interesting they still fly to the US and UK.

Comment

• Originally posted by zilchster View Post
      For those who are interested, Airlineroute.net has published the preliminary schedule of Singapore Airlines flights from 12 April to 30 April.

So far, I note that no 380 flights are loaded. Interesting they still fly to the US and UK.
      Think those are meant for repatriation if citizens

Comment

• The question is when/if Europe and USA will ban international traveling

I suppose SQ maintains mostly long-haul flights to maintain profit?

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ002 View Post
          The question is when/if Europe and USA will ban international traveling

I suppose SQ maintains mostly long-haul flights to maintain profit?
          Might be repat flights.

Similar to why emirates back track grounding their planes after request by governments not to do so

Comment

• Originally posted by reddevil0728 View Post
            Think those are meant for repatriation if citizens
            My guess would be for cargo, more than repatriation of Singaporeans.

Comment

For those who are interested, Airlineroute.net has published the preliminary schedule of Singapore Airlines flights from 12 April to 30 April.

The one that really stands out to me is JNB-CPT. Only a year ago they shifted operated 10x weekly from a short period during peak season to establishing it as permanent. Yet with all of the global traffic and flights that have been cut, they are still operating 10x weekly flights to JNB including the CPT tags.

Does the Singapore transit ban not include Africa? Even if it doesn't, could that much cargo or that many pax still be flowing between the two countries to warrant not shedding even a single flight each week? If that's the case, I'm glad it's giving SQ at least something to do with their planes and staff, but I just found it unexpected.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jumbojet Lover View Post
                My guess would be for cargo, more than repatriation of Singaporeans.
                Do they have to file scheduled flights for cargo?

Comment

• Seems like SQ deployed B77W to DPS yesterday (28MAR) to operate a repatriation flight to bring UK citizens in Bali back to London.
                  9V-SWZ operated SQ943|28MAR (DPS-SIN) and SQ322|28MAR (SIN-LHR) with pax asked to remain onboard while the aircraft was turned around.

Comment

• Originally posted by Not You View Post
                    Seems like SQ deployed B77W to DPS yesterday (28MAR) to operate a repatriation flight to bring UK citizens in Bali back to London.
                    9V-SWZ operated SQ943|28MAR (DPS-SIN) and SQ322|28MAR (SIN-LHR) with pax asked to remain onboard while the aircraft was turned around.
                    Today similar situation for SQ286 from Auckland perform by 9V-SKZ n will turn around as SQ322 later on to London. reported that around 80 singaporeans will disembark at changi while the rest (around 370) will carry to London

Wonder what prices does SQ charge ? QR was reported to charge around NZ16000 to NZ30000 for one way business class ticket from AKL to LHR.

Comment

• There is a SQ8050 operated by a B773 9V-SYF arriving in Ho Chi Minh City now. Cargo flight or repatriation?
                      My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

• Originally posted by ycp81 View Post
                        There is a SQ8050 operated by a B773 9V-SYF arriving in Ho Chi Minh City now. Cargo flight or repatriation?
                        Cargo along with SQ8252/8253 to Hong Kong operated by 9V-SCO.

Comment

• Is there a possibility they could have removed the seats in SCO & SYF to carry cabin cargo? Noticed that SCO has been doing these “cargo” flights, whilst SYF has been away for awhile.

Comment

• Originally posted by maestro View Post
                            Wow, just heard back about my refund! Due to sudden border closures, my flight last week was cancelled the day before I was due to fly. SQ called me and said that the last flight out was only a couple hours away but they couldn't transfer my current flight as it was already handed over to the airport. However, they told me to book a new flight with them and they would immediately refund the cancelled flight. No problem, so I thought. I didn't receive the immediate refund and followed it up. Now they called and said it will take 4 months! Say what?! Just a warning to others.
                            It's fortunate that you're being offered a refund. I hope SQ follows through!

In my case, SQ has cancelled my original flights to the US in April and re-booked me on SQ32 & SQ37. Upon filling up the form to request that they cancel my booking and provide a refund instead, they informed me that my booking is eligible under the travel waiver policy - (1) retain the value of ticket for future travel; or (2) rebook my travel now - i.e. no option for refund.

If not for travel insurance coverage, I would have been out of pocket quite a bit. Are there grounds for me to continue pursuing a refund from SQ in spite of the above? I don't want to sound like I'm entitled to a refund if its not the case for my situation.

Comment

Pretty much this looks like 1990's timetable.

Comment

• Originally posted by ell3 View Post
                                Is there a possibility they could have removed the seats in SCO & SYF to carry cabin cargo? Noticed that SCO has been doing these “cargo” flights, whilst SYF has been away for awhile.
                                I very much doubt it. They can't get the containers through a standard cabin door so it will need cargo doors fitting. In addition the floor needs strengthening. I don't believe the 787 has been certified to fly cargo on the main deck either.

Comment

Working...
                                X