No announcement yet.

Coronavirus : Flight cancellations and contingencies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wonder by now how many of SQ flights have been axed, as think t would be likely more than 70% of its flights are cancelled. Meantime Scoot has effectively cancelled its entire flying network from Sunday 22nd March, for an initial period of two weeks, with GDS timetables showing the airline has now cancelled 99 out of every 100 flights usually offered for sale until 5th April 2020.

Comment

• This will effectively kill off all demand.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapo...2+11%3A33%3A02
      My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

• Originally posted by ycp81 View Post
        This will effectively kill off all demand.

Looks like may have to cancel at least 95% of flights from now. Will only operate cargo flights and flights for returning residents.

Comment

• Just read an article that suggests the MI 737 MAX 8s will have plenty of company shortly at ASP. The facility will fill within a few days and they are looking at more than doubling it's capacity to up to 70 aircraft.

Comment

• Originally posted by ycp81 View Post
            This will effectively kill off all demand.

Does this mean that even transiting SIN for 1.5-2 hours for a connecting flight is no longer possible?

Comment

• Originally posted by indo79 View Post
              Does this mean that even transiting SIN for 1.5-2 hours for a connecting flight is no longer possible?
              that's still a transit?

Comment

• Originally posted by reddevil0728 View Post
                that's still a transit?
                Yes I thought so, just wanted confirmation.

Comment

• Emirates just announced that they will suspend all passenger flights by 25MAR20.
                  Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

• Changi should consolidate the operation in one terminal
                    Just did a calculation.
                    T1 got 47 departure today
                    T2 got 34 departure
                    T3 got 40 departure
                    T4 got 5 departure.
                    Should have closed T4 for the time being. N maybe close T2 as well

Comment

• Originally posted by sbs2716g View Post
                      Changi should consolidate the operation in one terminal
                      Just did a calculation.
                      T1 got 47 departure today
                      T2 got 34 departure
                      T3 got 40 departure
                      T4 got 5 departure.
                      Should have closed T4 for the time being. N maybe close T2 as well
                      I was thinking the same thing too but I think it has something to do with contracts with tenants that may make this problematic.

Comment

• Originally posted by ponders View Post
                        I was thinking the same thing too but I think it has something to do with contracts with tenants that may make this problematic.
                        Maybe quicken the pace of renovating T2...

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post
                          Emirates just announced that they will suspend all passenger flights by 25MAR20.
                          They seem to change their mind in a really short time, decided to operate to a few countries instead.

From Emirates' Instagram:

Updated at 20:00 DXB time:
                          Having received requests from governments and customers to support the repatriation of travellers, Emirates will continue to operate passenger and cargo flights to the following countries and territories until further notice, as long as borders remain open, and there is demand: the UK, Switzerland, Hong Kong, Thailand, Malaysia, Philippines, Japan, Singapore, Australia, South Africa, South Korea, USA, and Canada.

Comment

• Singapore Airlines is slashing 96% of capacity.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news...virus-12566248

"This will result in the grounding of around 138 SIA and SilkAir aircraft, out of a total fleet of 147, amid the greatest challenge that the SIA Group has faced in its existence.
                            Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

• Originally posted by ponders View Post
                              Over the last week I wast at T3 for a few times and noticed that the check in rows which are not used, but the TV monitor of each check in desk are still on and there are like 16 monitors in a row. And this really translate into unnecessary electricity usage altho it may look "nice" that all the monitors and lights are opened. Believed the CAAS should cut down its unnecssary costs by switching off unnecessary lightning and in view of the further regulaion of zero short term visits from tinight, the terminals will be almost empty of traveling passengers. If CAAS still wants all terminals to remain open, it shoudl like open just 1/3 or 1/2 of each terminal instead of opening up the entire terminals from departures to arrival halls. It would be best even to look into closing 2 of its terminals totally for a month as to cut down on costs and staff to manage the near empty terminals.

Comment

• Now with the latest new government restrictions prohibiting visitors in Singapore, including transit passengers through Changi, Singapore Airlines has announced that it is slashing capacity by 96% through to the end of April 2020 and grounding 138 of its 147 aircraft across the SIA and SilkAir fleets. This represents 94% of its aircrafts being grounded. This is very bad.
                                On the terminals side, if possible CAAS should look into the possibiliy of closing the other 3 terminals and using only one terminal for the next 30 days at least to save thousands on electricity and manpower, and equipment.

Comment

Working...
                                X