City hopping: Malaysia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• City hopping: Malaysia

Hey! I thought I'd do a short TR on my recent flight on short hops within Malaysia.

I got my ticket, my bag, and I'm off to the LCCT(Budget terminal) for an afternoon flight with Air Asia to Penang. As always the LCCT is cramped with people, and check-in was long. Departure was 1340, and boarding was quick. I got assigned to row 1, and lots of legroom. We taxied towards 32R, and I snapped these planes in action.

Notice the SIA aircraft(above) docked at the gate, next to a Saudi Arabian.

And we're off! Today's load would be 70%, and we climbed to 24000 ft(FL240). The FA's then came down the aisles with snacks and drinks as well as merchandise for purchase. Then I got another 20 minutes to relax as we cruise along the straits of Malacca.

Nice views

Seating at row 1 gave me a chance to see the FAs in action
    We then made a few turns to land at runway 04.

seconds from landing

Bang

turning in....

I was first to deboard, but we used airstairs, not jetways. My ride today was 9M-AFH, the same one I took to SIN last year. Thanks for the ride(again)

Comment

Originally posted by flyKL View Post
      My ride today was 9M-AFH, the same one I took to SIN last year. Thanks for the ride(again)
      What a coincidence. I flew on AFH last saturday KUL-KCH on AK5202

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
        What a coincidence. I flew on AFH last saturday KUL-KCH on AK5202
        Air Asia has only 50 aircraft for so many routes

Comment

Next on city hoping, MH back to KUL, but it fell short of it's 5 star distinction!

Comment

After a short yet enjoyable stay in Penang, I'm off to Bayan Lepas International airport for an evening flight to KUL. Check-in was rather quick, but the check-in staff were rather rude, and didn't circle the gate and boarding time on the BP as they usually would. What's more, I chose a seat that's directly behind the First Class, but got assigned to the back

I thought to myself:Nevermind, it's a short flight... Departure was gate 10, and there are no hold rooms at PEN, but hey, it's small. ETD was 1730, it came and gone, no B737 was to be seen. The flight was deemed Delayed, so I walked around and snaped this

SQ197 I think, going back home at 1835.

An hour had passed, the inbound aircraft has landed

Passengers deboarded, we waited even more... The SQ aircraft had gone, more flights also landed at took off by this time from/to Taipei, Kota Kinablu, Langkawi, Bangkok, Medan......

Another flight from KUL had also arrived, and I asked If I could go on that flight, but could not.

Finally at 1750 we boarded, and I entered the fresh smelling cabin.

This airport's jetways do not have bank adverts, but DHL

We took off, and the FAs served drinks. Nothing else to offer
            Cruise was at 22000 ft on this 35 minute flight. The FAs were busy talking at the rear, and quite noisy.

Finally landing at 1943, I took the KLIA express back to the city, but still angry with MAS. They still claim that they have the best crew, comfortable seats, on-time performance.....All not true.

Next stop is LGK, but how will MAS perform this time? Another letdown, or 5 star services? In the next part of City hoping. Do comment please

Comment

[QUOTE=flyKL 85914] After a short yet enjoyable stay in Penang, I'm off to Bayan Lepas International airport for an evening flight to KUL. Check-in was rather quick, but the check-in staff were rather rude, and didn't circle the gate and boarding time on the BP as they usually would. What's more, I chose a seat that's directly behind the First Class, but got assigned to the back

Thanks for your TR....indeed MH has really drop it's standard..after given the 5star recognition for years in Econ...that's why my last resort would only be MH...

Btw, i guess it was business class instead of first class on a MH 737-400.....unless it was an MH 744...I am still waiting for them to receive their 737-800 which perhaps they will be using it bound to ASEAN regions and slowly expanding to it's domestic flight...
              Last edited by KevSQ; 17 March 2009, 08:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by KevSQ View Post
                .I am still waiting for them to receive their 737-800 which perhaps they will be using it bound to ASEAN regions and slowly expanding to it's domestic flight...
                They already have a few leased ones flying around: Search 9M-MLA

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                  They already have a few leased ones flying around: Search 9M-MLA
                  Cool! Didn't know that...will be on a look out for that plane...have you been on board?

Comment

Cool! Didn't know that...will be on a look out for that plane...have you been on board?

No - but I've seen pics. J is 3-3 euro-style with the middle blocked off.

Comment

I did not know that too What routes are they on?

Comment

I did not know that too What routes are they on?
                        Try airliners.net. I do not know where are they flying to as well. I'll be on a look out this thursday morning as i'll be on SQ's 333 to s'pore. Hope to see him there...

Comment

Try airliners.net. I do not know where are they flying to as well. I'll be on a look out this thursday morning as i'll be on SQ's 333 to s'pore. Hope to see him there...

I'll be doing MH back to K.Lumpur so I hope that i'll catch him. Oh yes, did MAS lease it or was it ordered?

Comment

I'll be doing MH back to K.Lumpur so I hope that i'll catch him. Oh yes, did MAS lease it or was it ordered?
                            MLA and MLB are leases from XL airways i think. It's however, a stop gap until their own 738's arrive.

Comment

read somewhere that MH actually leases the 2 B738s for 5 yrs - as if so in that case, they should seriously have converted the front to a true bis class seating.
                              On SQ's use of 777s n 330s to KUL - believed its a matter of time, soon before this sector will be taken over completely by silkair with its smaller A320s as it seems that loads even on silkair are not even high on the average and for a wide-boby its loada on ave are at most times below 50%.

Comment

Working...
                              X