• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Main Course (Veal Shank)

The Cheese

The Dessert

the chocolates

There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
    If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
      Hmm... I've never been to the lounge in the satellite. No horses with lampshades on their heads in there?
      jjpb3,
      to be frank, I prefer that lounge for what it concerns the ambience. The food is another matter, but the furniture of the satellite lounge really fits with my taste.

Comment

Originally posted by LukeGT View Post
        I know you're very old and you've limited knowledge about internet (because we all know that when someone is old, it's difficult to learn the use of it!) but Nokia website allows everyone to get a free booklet.....

Anyway, will post many pics soon about BA and the following sectors.
        Sigh... I'll have to admit I'm old....... BUT we were talking about NIKON here...or have YOU forgotten ??

Wonderful shots by the way! I'm glad we bought the D90

Looking forward to more of your pictorial TR.

Comment

jjpb3,
          to be frank, I prefer that lounge for what it concerns the ambience. The food is another matter, but the furniture of the satellite lounge really fits with my taste.
          Your standards are of course a lot higher (being someone from Italy, a country with food) than mine.

However, I thought the food in the satellite lounge was better than I expected (for a J lounge) and fairly decent (Thai red curry chicken, pasta w/mushroom sauce, rice etc) - it filled me up before my WT+ flight to JFK last year (with WT+/Y+ food being of course identical to WT/Y food).

Comment

jhm, maybe I explained myself in a wrong way.
            I was saying that the satellite lounge's food selection is more limited compared to the one in the galleries first.

Was not complaining about the quality, but about selection.

Comment

Let's go on...

JFK BA F Lounge - Waiting for CX flight

and finally. I became once again a T R A I T O R

Comment

the moveable headrest.

the airbag safety belt

the handset

the cup/glass holder

the power plug

the tray table

taking off from JFK (sorry for the bluring, I did my best)

Comment

Enjoying your TR LukeGT.

What are your thoughts on CX's new fixed, sliding Y seat?

Comment

the menu

Chicken pork or pasta?

Meal presentation

Cookies with italian name... LOL

the Chicken

Comment

My feedback about CX and BA.

Globally I find the experience positive and would recommend it.

About BA, I must say I'm impressed from many point of views. On the LGW service, the food is nothing special but the flight was smooth and on time.

The BA T5 service was ok, even though I don't like the premium check-in area located at the very end of the hall.

The F lounge is too eccentric from a certain point of view, but the facilities are definitely satisfying. The food and drink selection is absolutely adequatie.
                      I found the outdoor part of the lounge is the less crowded, and notwithstanding the base noise, it's the best place to relax or sleep.

About the on board experence, BA is absolutely my favourite choice in Europe. I find very comfortable the seat in CW, good for sleeping but also for working/dining.
                      The AVOD selection is quite wide, even though the screen orientation is limited.

Regarding the tray table, it's very nice to see, but not so stable. Sorry, but the table is IMHO something to improve.

The food was ok but not excellent. The service is professional and satisfying but not perfect.

Another mention has to be done regarding the pillow and the blanket that are definitely better than LH/AF.

As usual, the CSD came to me to introduce himself (being BA gold) and to ask if I had particular requests.

All in all, based on my latest experience with them, I find the service absolutely consistent. When you board a L/H BA flight, you know what to expect. The entire journey experience is enjoyable without major fault.
                      As I've already said, BA is the winning carrier in Europe because it offers to me a good service in any aspect of my travel needs.

----

About CX, a special thanks to the check-in agents in JFK (that are CX-BAmixed staff), since theyblocked the entire row for me, being BA gold.
                      The F lounge in BA JFK lounge is supposed to be better than J lounge, but actually, I still prefer the J area. The F lounge is small, dark and the facilities are quite limited.

Boarding on CX was ok, with preferred line.

The 777 with the new layout is quite nice but not outstanding. The seat is different from the usual, but I could not say I find them uncomfortable.
                      I was able to lift the middle armrest and got some sleep from JFK to YVR.
                      The AVOD selection is ok with a very good screen.

Crew was good and attentive, but not as in the past.
                      the meal service was fast and efficient, with menu distribution, a three main dish selection. The presentation was absolutely positive but can't comment about the quality of food, since I didn't eat it.

As well as on BA, the CSD came to introduce herself and thanking me for being a OW emerald.

Landing at YVR occured on time.
                      CX still remains one of the best carrier in the world, but the gap between it and SQ/QR and MH (I've only 2 experiences with MH) seems to be slightly increased.

===============================

Soon to come: YVR-YYZ in economy and later YYZ-ZRH on AC C.

Comment

LukeGT, did you visit YUL (Montreal) on your recent trip to Canada?

BTW, fantastic photos, look forward to seeing more
                        I'm still waiting for my cookie as my first name is Kris

Comment

erm, I've been in YUL (transit) during my second part of the journey.
                          Will post some pics, but I think I have just a couple. Was busy with my bag lost by Swiss.

Comment

The CX 77W certainly looks quite spacious for Y. I take it from your pics that you were in the forward economy section. I have an upcoming trip on the 77W from HKG to LAX and was wondering if you had any particular recommendations for seat selection.

Cheers

Comment

Hello soak01, I was sat in row 39.
                              To be frank, I didn't pay great attention when requested seat selection, becuase the agent offered to block the entire row for me, and consequently any row is the same.

I found the seat all in all quite comfortable. The slashing seat is quite good, especially if you want to lie down in the row.

The Y seat looks definitely more spacious than the J seat in comparison, but I must admit I never tried CX new J.

cheers.

Comment

The Y seat looks definitely more spacious than the J seat in comparison, but I must admit I never tried CX new J.
                                I've tried both. New CX J over new CX Y, everytime.
                                ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Working...
                                X