A Wonderful Feeling To Be Back Aboard SQ After Eight Months Being Grounded

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
    Almost every day, I was diligently calling to check whether any award opened up in FC. Four days before my planned departure date to Asia, there was an O-class on SQ11.
    Does this mean that on a paid ticket, i can upgrade to Biz and then subsequently to First Class?

Comment

Originally posted by ginkoka View Post
      Does this mean that on a paid ticket, i can upgrade to Biz and then subsequently to First Class?
      No. If you are on paid Y, you can upgrade to C. And if you have a paid C tiix, you can upgrade to F, using DL miles. It also has to be ticketed by DL.

Comment

To complete the picture, here is the combination of pajama's color. I think it's a Lufthansa yellow and dark navy/black color.

Comment

Amenity Kits For Gents

Of course for the flight to from Japan, we get the slipper, socks as well as eye shades.

Comment

Words of Advice To All Business Traveller or Anyone

BE CONSIDERATE.

That's what I expect from other fellow pax. In my flight, pax in 3CD looked like going to NRT for business. They have their business papers to read on, and discussed a bit about their own business matters. That's fine since SQ is fond of business travellers as we all know.
            The problem with these two business travellers were the fact that they were ignorance and weren't being considerate. Look, I had my Bose NC2 on, and I could still hear them talking. Should be something wrong right? Yes, it was something wrong with them. A pax who was seated in 3A moved to 1B in the middle of dinner. The crew had mentioned the the pax 3C and 3D to tone down the noise, but seemed not working completely. Yes, they were not yapping all the time. But when they decided to talk to each other, that's when the loud noise came out.

The answer for the problem was so simple. The two business traveller seating on 3CD prefer to have an earplug. They did not take out their earplugs when conversing.

Note: Being me. I was able to sleep well, and woke up on time for light meals prior to land in Narita. Gosh, I have still the knack for beating the jetlag.

Comment

Table setting

light meal
              FROM LOS ANGELES TO TOKYO

APPETISES
              Dungeness crab and celeriac remoulade garnished with assorted tomatoes and mesclun

MAIN COURSES
              Fajitas
              Corn tortilla served with grilled chicken, sauteed onion and red peppers, cheese, guacamole, tomato salsa and sour cream

Kitsune udon soup
              White wheat noodles in light bonito fish broth garnished with fried beancurd and fish cake

It was about 3pm Japan times or 2pm Singapore times. Thus, I felt I wanted to have something more substantial than fajitas and udon soup. Hence, I had prepared for BTC. This time was beef sukiyaki. It is different presentation than what I remember. But it's still very good.

DESSERT
              Raspberry panna cotta

I wonder why strawberry as the garnish on top when it's raspberry panna cotta. But it was good for me. So, I had another one after the LSS offered me once again.

Comment

After finishing the light meal service, I went to change. And while having more Blue Mountain, I enjoyed so much the sunset view...

Comment

It's so sad to know that the flight was almost over. I had enjoyed the first transpacific flight this year and the first one after 8 months ago. On top of those wonderful service and attentiveness, mostly due to the dedicated LSS. (Yes, I understand the deployment of works on such flight. One possibility is the IFS will wonder around all the cabin, leaving the F with LS as the person in the galley - which gets help from IFS time to time, and LSS will be the one who serves the F pax most of the time - with IFS and LS help in delivering or clearing the dishes.)

Thank you, my dear LSS. And thank you for the gift! I will treasure it as my new baby... (I am sure someone is very jealous reading this. ) Excellent job you had done. It was a real treat to be back on board Singapore Airlines!

Thank you to the LS who suggested where to stand in the above picture. Indeed, it shows almost the whole cabin of FC.

Comment

It is sad to leave the cabin once we landed at NRT. Yes, since this flight heading to SIN, we can leave all our belongings on board. We just need important documents as well as BP to reboard. Make sure you don't leave anything in the seat pocket as well as around the seat.

We arrived at Gate 41. From the jetway, turn left a bit and there was an escalator up. I walked with the pax from 3A who was heading for India. We followed the sign for arrival and connection. I saw travelator walkway for the arrival pax, and the entrance to security for transit/connecting pax. It was empty since we were the first to reach there. From the security, the NH F Lounge is just straight ahead. (NH C Lounge is located one floor down) You can find the lounge pictures here. Looks the same. Just the spread of foods were less.

I had time to take shower. (Yes, the desk staff will keep your BP and show you which shower room you are assigned.) I also had time to log on line. Indeed, a refreshing way to start anouther journey heading back to Singapore.

The L'Occitane kits was given to me without asking. And it's different line that the one I got long time ago.

Comment

The lounge staff made announcement for the SQ 11 pax to board from Gate 41. It was a short walk to there. And yes, I had a chance to pick up the concise SQ time table Japanese edition at the counter. I know so many flights had been changed, but at least it helps for future planning.

I went back to my suite 3F. And the new baby bear enjoyed another glass of Krug.

As always, long line for taking off. But once we were airborne, the crew starts to work hard. And by the way, I got used to the idea with no one greets me personally! The flight was almost full. I recalled 1B and 4F were empty. It's too bad that the aubergine IFS did not walk around parading the new eggplant uniform. It seems that she was too busy talking to the pax seated on 4C. Hmm I wonder who she is. (Later on, I gathered she travelled with her kid in 4D, and the husband seated somewhere in the back.)

Again, it's possible that the aubergine IFS assumed that pax prefers to be served by LSS or LS. But I guess she is wrong in my case. I always love to make contact with all levels of cabin crew.

Comment

Once we were airborne, I once again offered the PJs which this time I chose M size (and I used the S size from previous segment. I know the M size would be perfect for a dearest friend!)
                        And this time, after she handed me the men's kits, instead I asked for the ladies amenity kits.

Anyhow, the satay service was started with another glass Krug and Dom to follow. It's a good feeling to have something familiar once again. Yes, the satay was delicious.

Being a pita, I was asked when I would like to start my dinner service. I said an hour later or more. But again, I changed my mind, and told the LSS that I would have the dinner whenever other pax would start theirs, which was 30 minutes after the satay.

Comment

Congrats on your ungrounding, SQ LPP!
                          Hope to see you around soon.

Comment

I said that I would take whatever left since I want other pax got what they wanted. The LSS was taken a back. She tried to make me to choose, but I was being pita who is very stubborn. At the end she gave in.
                            A class act!

...Krispy kreme doughnut.
                            Very cool. Is this an ex-LAX exclusive? Hmmm...perhaps I was drinking too much Krug.

BE CONSIDERATE.

That's what I expect from other fellow pax. In my flight, pax in 3CD looked like going to NRT for business. They have their business papers to read on, and discussed a bit about their own business matters. That's fine since SQ is fond of business travellers as we all know.
                            The problem with these two business travellers were the fact that they were ignorance and weren't being considerate. Look, I had my Bose NC2 on, and I could still hear them talking. Should be something wrong right? Yes, it was something wrong with them. A pax who was seated in 3A moved to 1B in the middle of dinner. The crew had mentioned the the pax 3C and 3D to tone down the noise, but seemed not working completely. Yes, they were not yapping all the time. But when they decided to talk to each other, that's when the loud noise came out.

The answer for the problem was so simple. The two business traveller seating on 3CD prefer to have an earplug. They did not take out their earplugs when conversing.
                            Well said. This is why most NH flights appear to be nicer. Usually all Japanese businessmen who are very considerate.
                            HUGE AL

Comment

Great to hear than you are ungrounded SQLPP and thanks for sharing the trip report

Comment

Did you tell your co-workers what you were up to over the weekend?

Good to have you back in the air, SQ LPP.
                                ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Working...
                                X