SQ A330 Inaugural Flights SIN-BNE-SIN and Training Flights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by andySYD View Post
    I am in C, seat 11F at the moment. I am flying back on SQ236 but a few days later in Y.
    Great! Updated...

Comment

Originally posted by kapitan View Post
      Tried redeeming a Business Saver and was able to. But But.... March 30th is too far away for me to make a concrete decision to go....

Try again when I can confirm my schedule come nearer date....
      I just took SQ 235 on christmas eve and the flight was only 6hrs 50mins and return was 7hrs 10 mins. (TR on the way) They also serve Champagne in business class and I (age 13) asked if it was Krug and they said it wasn't served on the BNE sector. Sorry guys
      Viraj
      The world's too large a place not to go wandering.

Comment

Its a shame the inaugural is on a Monday. I canīt make it.

Comment

Can't wait for the trip report! Hope to see many pics!!!!

Comment

did SQ255 SIN-BNE in J last nov also(TR maybe) and SQ256 BNE-SIN in Y...intresting to find kenyan AA kilimanjaro coffee in J whilst the IFS said its loaded on FCL only
            I know when you airline bling, that could only mean one thing

Comment

Originally posted by LOWJHG View Post
              did SQ255 SIN-BNE in J last nov also(TR maybe) and SQ256 BNE-SIN in Y...intresting to find kenyan AA kilimanjaro coffee in J whilst the IFS said its loaded on FCL only
              Someone must be confused! The coffee that is not available in C is Jamaican Blue Mountain.

From C Beverage Menu:
              Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post

GOURMET COFFEES

Brazil Santos Bourbon

Colombian Supremo

Kenyan AA "Kilimanjaro"

From F Beverage Menu:
              Originally posted by view View Post
              GOURMET COFFEES

Brazil Santos Bourbon

Colombian Supremo

Jamaican Blue Mountain

Kenyan AA Kilimanjaro

Comment

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
                Someone must be confused! The coffee that is not available in C is Jamaican Blue Mountain.
                Yes, I made the same mistake too.

I stupidly asked for Blue mountain on a J flight. The FA did not miss a beat and said she'd get it from the front for me but it might take a bit longer.

I sat there thinking it was such an odd response, so I looked at the menu again and realised it's not available on J. I ran up to the galley to let her know that I'd make do with a mocha as per my entitlement.

She insisted that it would not be too much trouble to get my former choice but I was a good girl and insisted that mocha would do.
                That's a F service in a J cabin.

A good crew makes a big difference. It's not the class of travel which counts. Just my two pennies.

Comment

Blue Mountain is HUGE AL's favorite!
                  HUGE AL

Comment

Update 2009-01-07:

Possibly will not make it. Upcoming trips (June to August) have priority due to likely job location change.
                    Last edited by N_Architect; 7 January 2009, 09:01 PM. Reason: Update info

Comment

A330 Inaugural 30 March.

Congratulations to "uprightman" on his (upcoming) 10th wedding anniversary.

Just to clarify...
                      Myself and another FirstToFly "groupie" will be aboard SQ245 departing SIN at 0955 30 March. As SQ255 is the "official" first A330 flight (departing at 0010) we'll have to leave it to SQLPP (et al) to carry the flag. Kelly and I will do our best to keep the spirit alive in the chase aircraft (SQ245)!

Anyone keen to book onto the third departure (SQ235 at 2110) to give us an SQTalk 'trifecta"?
                      "First to Fly" the Airbus A380.
                      www.FirstToFly.net

Comment

With BNE being my hometown I am seriously considering the BNE -SIN segment and will call my agent to place a booking tommorow and hopefully dates will work out closer to the actual flight. Worst case situation BNE DO the night before anyone??

Comment

Originally posted by token01 View Post
                          With BNE being my hometown I am seriously considering the BNE -SIN segment and will call my agent to place a booking tommorow and hopefully dates will work out closer to the actual flight. Worst case situation BNE DO the night before anyone??
                          Sorry.. will miss any BNE DO.
                          If you do take the flight BNE-SIN, it will possible that we meet again!

Comment

Originally posted by iangoodwin View Post
                            Just to clarify...
                            Myself and another FirstToFly "groupie" will be aboard SQ245 departing SIN at 0955 30 March. As SQ255 is the "official" first A330 flight (departing at 0010) we'll have to leave it to SQLPP (et al) to carry the flag. Kelly and I will do our best to keep the spirit alive in the chase aircraft (SQ245)!

Anyone keen to book onto the third departure (SQ235 at 2110) to give us an SQTalk 'trifecta"?
                            I get it now. At first I did not realize that you will be on the second flight of the day. I thought it was a typo.
                            So far I hear that the load on SQ255 is pretty light.

Comment

Farres from HKG for the inaugural flight:
                              Economy Class -- HK$6,763 (IMHO a great bargain, mileage accruable with stopovers permitted in Singapore).
                              Business Class -- HK$23,141 (also a bargain, with flights on the Business Class for B77W and A333, but, no stopovers permitted).

Both have to be ticketed and outbound travel by 31-Mar.

Another option will be redemption on Business Saver: 76,500 miles inclusive of 15% off for online booking. But of course, redemption on SQ1/2 or 861/862 are not possible. As for Economy Saver: 46,750 miles.

Comment

I will be on SQ 255 from SIN to BNE...

I have selected 11K for now.

Hope to see all of you there and I am sure I will write up something. But I can tell you I will whine about the "sleeper service" again. For a flight to Australia, I hope I have more ground...

However I really like Airbus A330-300 and will be a pleasure to be part of SQ history with this really nice Airbus!

Carfield

Comment

Working...
                                X