SQ A330 Inaugural Flights SIN-BNE-SIN and Training Flights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ A330 Inaugural Flights SIN-BNE-SIN and Training Flights

With the new press release found here, now we all know to where the first flight for the new A330 will be heading.

* Actual inaugural service will take place from Singapore to Brisbane (SQ255) on 30 March 2009 – the date of the 25th anniversary of the commencement of Singapore Airlines services between the two cities. The first flight from Brisbane is SQ236 on 30 March 2009.
    And yes, of course, some of the discussion has started here in SQTalk.

INTRODUCTION

Today it the end of the year 2008 in the opposite part of the world from where I am grounded at the moment. Since there is a slight light possibility of me being ungrounded by early March 2009, the announcement of the A330 first flight is very welcoming. And yes, it wakes me up straight away, without having to have my Nespresso fix. Unfortunately, I have to go to work and I keep checking messages from friends who has made the bookings. And I keep checking SQTalk for any news.

I had done inaugural flights on A345 for SIN-LAX-SIN as well as SIN-EWR-SIN. I also had been in the first 77W SIN-CDG. I missed the A380 SIN-SYD both charity flight as well as the first commercial one (but yes later on I did LHR-SIN). And now the A330 will be for SIN-BNE. And I want to be part of SQ history again.

I plan to do another turn around SIN-BNE-SIN and I realize there will be million hurdles along the way between now and 30th of March 2009. One of them would be related to visa requirement for transit. I hope I will have enough time to get Australian visa. I have to do more reseach for the next two months.

Anyway, the plan as of today is to be part of the A330 inaugural flights for SQ 255 SIN-BNE 30MAR09 as well as SQ 236 BNE-SIN 30MAR09.

And here we go. The starting of the journey to be part of the inaugural flights again. Does SQ still love me?

Wish me luck!

Happy New Year ...

INDEX
    • Beautiful pictures of 9V-STA are posted here by SQ333.

• Seats specifications (post #116 and 117)
    Last edited by SQ LPP; 8 February 2009, 02:22 AM. Reason: Add link to the new seats pictures

Comment

29 MARCH 2009

This event has been cancelled

New Plan:

High Tea at Raffles Hotel, Sunday 29th of March 2009 at 1530

Plan:

Drinks at the Post Bar - Fullerton Hotel
      (Upright Man is the man in charge. )

Attendees:
      • Upright Man +1
      • iangoodwin
      • Kelly
      • kras & partner
      • Jubilee777
      • kluau88
      • SQFAN
      • SQ LPP

Dinner at the Fullerton Hotel
      (Upright Man is the man in charge. )

Attendees:
      • Upright Man +1
      • iangoodwin
      • Kelly
      • kras & partner

Let me know if it's incorrect or an update needs to be done.
      Last edited by SQ LPP; 29 March 2009, 02:12 AM. Reason: Drinks and Dinner - Cancelled

Comment

SQ 255 SIN - BNE 30 March 2009

Confirmed:

• andySYD (11F)
        • E-Aviation/Anmol (12A)
        • Isabelle ()
        • Kelly D ()
        • kluau88 (14A)
        • kras & partner (14D and 14F)
        • Jubilee777 (15A)
        • SQFAN +1 (16A and 16C)

• jyflyer

• SQ LPP (15C)
        Last edited by jjpb3; 25 March 2009, 04:00 AM. Reason: Updated to post #91

Comment

SQ 236 BNE - SIN 30 March 2009

Confirmed:

• spannersandbolts & family

Cancelled:
          • SQ LPP (unable to do a turn around)
          Last edited by SQ LPP; 29 March 2009, 02:17 AM. Reason: J777 seems will stay in BNE for his vacation! :D

Comment

16th of February 2009

SQ 106 SIN - KUL

• SQ LPP

SQ 107 KUL - SIN

• 9V-JKL +1 (via PM)
            • kyo
            • SQ LPP

SQ 958 SIN - CGK

• Nick C 16H
            • SQ LPP

SQ 959 CGK - SIN

• Nick C 32C
            • SQ LPP

sq 118 sin - kul

sq 119 kul - sin

Last edited by SQ LPP; 27 February 2009, 07:42 AM. Reason: Test Run for SIN-KUL-SIN-CGK-SIN-KUL-SIN

Comment

Please join the celebration of A330 inaugural flights.
              I will update accordingly when I read here or through PM that you will join!
              Let's have party!

Comment

Yes I'm booked on the inaugural flights both ways SIN-BNE and BNE-SIN, but might stay in BNE a couple days as I've never been to BNE.

Comment

I went to work this morning thinking that I would be able to squeeze in a time for visiting SQ office. But, no time at all. Jubilee777 and kluau88 has informed me that they have booked their flights. I have to consider so many things before booking. So at the end I end up with one way booking each way.

But, I need advise though. Which side of the airplane has good view for sunrise prior to land in BNE? I remember when I took SIN-SYD last March, seating on the right hand side had a beautiful view of sunrise. Any help here for the case of BNE?

Comment

SQ LPP, looking forward to the TR. Photos please!

Comment

Good luck, SQ LPP, hope you make it !

Iangoodwin is on the first flight SIN-BNE SQ245 too - get in touch with him ?

I think this calls for a SIN DO the day before SQ245 (ie 29 Mar 09).
                      J. my own dear wife J.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
                        But, I need advise though. Which side of the airplane has good view for sunrise prior to land in BNE? I remember when I took SIN-SYD last March, seating on the right hand side had a beautiful view of sunrise. Any help here for the case of BNE?
                        Dear SQ LPP, I would suggest on the left side to see the golden, yellow, red and pink hues of the sunrise against the backdrop of the blue sky.

I see 30th March is a Monday, which makes things tricky as it is just before Easter holidays that I have been intending. Although BNE is my 'home', it seems I will have to wait a week or two more to try it.

I am very glad, having just flown SIN-BNE-SIN three weeks ago on the 772, that they are finally changing the product offering to something new. We BrisVegas pax always felt neglected with Sydney always getting the A380.

Finally, I wish everyone a happy inaugural flight... I don't think I will be there although very tempted to do so...

Comment

would love to join but can't seem to find SQ255 on 30 March on SQ website??

Comment

SQ's new A333 will fly to KUL and JKT first before any other regional routes.

Comment

Tried redeeming a Business Saver and was able to. But But.... March 30th is too far away for me to make a concrete decision to go....

Try again when I can confirm my schedule come nearer date....
                              Last edited by kapitan; 31 December 2008, 07:01 PM.
                              This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

Working...
                              X