travelling with KF*G, crediting to BD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• travelling with KF*G, crediting to BD

Not sure if this is the right area to post but here goes...

I currently have SQ*G and I'm going to start crediting my miles to BD. I usually fly SQ and take advantage of lounge visits, priority waitlist etc.

How can I be recognised as *G if I credit my miles to another FFP? Eg if I have my BD FFP number updated in the system at check-in, does that mean I forgoe any chance (however small it might be) of op-ups when flying on SQ? How about other benefits, eg lounge access, priority luggage etc?

Any tips for fields that check-in staff need to update in the system? (I've seen a similar post for PPS when double dipping but not for *G)

Thanks!

Matt
    matt_will_fix_it

Some airlines (including SQ) have 2 FF fields. FQTV for the program and FF number to credit mileage to and FQTS for the program and number you have status with. In theory you can have 2 different numbers entered and have your status show on BP, manifests etc.

In practice it is fraught with potential problems (miles being credited to the wrong account). Given the chance of op-up with SQ is infinitisemal I would not both entering KF number and just bring your card to gain lounge access, extra baggage allowance (if needed) etc.

Comment

I have started this year to collect miles with BD and strangly on my first two bording passes it showed BD*G, then BD*S and now again BD*G after qualified for *G.

to avoid being credit wrongly as Kiwi mentioned in his posting, just enter your BD number into your Krisflyer profile and only enter your BD number into the reservation. I have been crediting since years to LH and this is the only way to have it properly done/credited. The system recognize you automatically as SQ member.

Comment

Originally posted by bchl View Post
        to avoid being credit wrongly as Kiwi mentioned in his posting, just enter your BD number into your Krisflyer profile and only enter your BD number into the reservation. I have been crediting since years to LH and this is the only way to have it properly done/credited. The system recognize you automatically as SQ member.
        Agreed, and that is what I've always done. The system will automatically associate your Krisflyer number with any other FFP numbers you've indicated in your Krisflyer profile. This is the best way to do it as lots of agents usually muddle up the FQTV/FQTS fields.
        All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
          Agreed, and that is what I've always done. The system will automatically associate your Krisflyer number with any other FFP numbers you've indicated in your Krisflyer profile.
          ... and this will ensure that on a SQ metal J/F flight, miles go to BD whilst PPS value goes to your KF account.

Comment

Welcome to SQTalk, bchl...

Comment

Since we're talking about crediting SQ flights to BD, have BD fix that problem of F/C mileage yet? Or do we still have to email Diamond Club to fix it

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                Since we're talking about crediting SQ flights to BD, have BD fix that problem of F/C mileage yet? Or do we still have to email Diamond Club to fix it
                I don't think F had a problem...it was paid C crediting as Y. Recent reports in TOF seem to suggest this has been fixed in the last couple of weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
                  I don't think F had a problem...
                  Actually couples of my F tix were not credited correctly. Thus I thought both for C and F on SQ got posted incorrectly in BD account.

Comment

I've been having problems crediting to M&M. Since the move to PPSV it never seems to work and I'm 100% on needing to send in BPs & ticket to get miles credited

Comment

Hmm that's strange and pretty interesting.
                      My miles have been credited quickly on LH or BD. But PPS Values would appear a bit later depending on the kind of routing and ticket I am using.

Comment

A couple of op-ups were processed incorrectly. Another time I upgraded with miles and M&M thought it was an award ticket. The rest were just normal tickets with no upgrades or changes.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiwi View Post
                          A couple of op-ups were processed incorrectly.
                          Op-ups on SQ? Congratulations! SQ does love you more.

Comment

When the flights are that full they have to op-up someone.

Comment

There should be a luck factor as well as the right routing. So far, haven't gotten any op-up at all since becoming LPP when taking Y or C.

Comment

Working...
                              X