A380 LHR - SIN Inaugural Flight 18MAR2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WHAT A SURPRISE!!!!

The surprise sprang on us...planned by VVIP, he got MAN Flyer to unzip his jacket and revealed his SQTalk Tee and checked in with us at Heathrow!! (on the pretext of sending us off!)

This is gonna be a fun trip home

Gonna miss Europe...thanks for everything!! VVIP

Here are some preview pix, more details later after the flt

SQ LPP modelling his Tee in front of The Ritz

Uncle MAN FLYER is allergic to bears
    This is also Ryu and Lee's first ride in a LON cab.

Our check in....

Last edited by Jubilee777; 19 March 2008, 03:19 AM.

Comment

Enjoy your flight guys! Wish I could join you all.
      Looking forward to more pictures.

Comment

Wow, that looks like a fun dinner I missed. Sorry about that.

Have an awesome flight. Can't wait to read about the inaugural adventure.
        ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

So LPP you may use the Suite check in. I thought it's only the First class check in you may use. Have a fantastic flight.
          You are not, who you are, you are who you want to be.

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
            Wow, that looks like a fun dinner I missed. Sorry about that.
            Yep, you were a missed character jjpb3 On the plus side, all it means is that we'll have to make a repeat visit to Hakkasan in future when you *are* able to come!

Comment

Originally posted by nickbot View Post
              Yep, you were a missed character jjpb3 On the plus side, all it means is that we'll have to make a repeat visit to Hakkasan in future when you *are* able to come!
              Thanks for the latest update from LHR, nickbot.

You should come down to London with Mrs nickbot during the weekend, and we could all go to Hakkasan for timsum together. Timsum is a lot cheaper and there'd be no rush for all of us to get home if it's a weekend outing.

I think MAN Flyer's surprise is such a sweet gesture! Certainly a lovely surprise for Jub777, SQ LPP and the bears.

Comment

Great report..... i wish I was there!

Comment

Originally posted by nickbot View Post
                  ...and not forgetting Howard Long (Suites )

Is that you howard? Gosh, you're pretty!
                  Last edited by SQflyergirl; 19 March 2008, 10:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by phaleesy View Post
                    Certainly a lovely surprise for Jub777, SQ LPP and the bears.
                    Ah, the lovely Jubbly777!

Comment

Wow, the DO sounds fun! Hope to see more pictures and commentary on the inaurgural flight.

Comment

Hey...as usual Hakassan meal looks great. Sorry I could not have attended. Am up to my eyeballs but I guess I will be seeing some of you this weekend, a wee compensation. Should be great fun!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SQFAN View Post
                          but I guess I will be seeing some of you this weekend, a wee compensation.
                          Wherever you guys are meeting this weekend, I hope it will be fun, and have at least a few people in knots! (at the very least, 2?)

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                            Wherever you guys are meeting this weekend, I hope it will be fun, and have at least a few people in knots! (at the very least, 2?)
                            Fit to be tied?

Dang, I'm missing Do's left and right.
                            Last edited by jjpb3; 19 March 2008, 04:43 PM.
                            ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Keep the pictures coming! Enjoy!

Comment

What an absolutely fantastic experience that was.

From the faces on those two when I said 'You know what, **** it, I'll come with you' to seeing a number of familiar SQ faces at the gate party (including the MAN based lot), untold press asking stupid questions, getting asked by people (including crew !!) have we got any more t-shirts, to seeing the worlds most famous Singapore Girl (and probably the best, she's a true star) and when asking has she seen who is in 77H and being told 'Oh yes, Mr SQ LPP, it's wonderful to have him on board' to drinking Krug in the Suites with Howard, the party at the back of the Upper Deck with the v-flyer guys, first to fly lot and Miss Inaugural....the list is endless...

Thank you to all who were there. You cannot put a price on things like that...

Best tannoy announcement: 'If we have a Mr Forshaw, Stephen in the gate area. Can he please make himself known to a member of staff'.

Comment

Working...
                                X