Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Emirates SIN-DXB-BCN in Y: Paella, Xuxo & FC Barcelona vs Sevilla@Camp Nou (Part I)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beautiful photos. I've always wondered why has taken them so long to complete the Sagrada Familia... now I understand why.

Don't keep us waiting too long for Part Deux...

Comment

Originally posted by Hajimbo View Post
      I've manage to visit to Madrid (very much like a shopping central - i think its more or less like Milan) and I spent 3 months in SE part of Spain (Andalusia, Almeria, Caboneras - but this more like during the days when I was doing my thesis work there) SE part is really laid back and quite bit of a mini british town. Loads of british normally have their second home there and they normally folk during the Summer periods.

I'm thinking of going to BCN and Canary Islands next time If I were to visit Spain again.
      Wow...those places you mentioned all look like interesting places to visit!

Originally posted by icn.sg View Post
      Beautiful photos. I've always wondered why has taken them so long to complete the Sagrada Familia... now I understand why.

Don't keep us waiting too long for Part Deux...
      Thanks, icn.sg! The Sagrada Familia is an amazing place to visit. There is so much detail to be admired that you don't see from just looking at photos. Part II coming soon, whole chunk of work to clear first!

Comment

OneWorld FF Miles

Hi YFlyer!

As you are a Qantas FF member, did you purchase your tickets to Barcelona from Qantas as an Emirates operated flight? Or directly from Emirates?

Is there a difference in the number of QF miles collected when purchasing the ticket on the QF website as opposed to purchasing it on the EK website?

Comment

Originally posted by DWL3299 View Post
          Hi YFlyer!

As you are a Qantas FF member, did you purchase your tickets to Barcelona from Qantas as an Emirates operated flight? Or directly from Emirates?

Is there a difference in the number of QF miles collected when purchasing the ticket on the QF website as opposed to purchasing it on the EK website?
          Hi, DWL3299!

My ticket was purchased as a QF flight number (i.e. QF codeshare). This cost slightly more (maybe 10-15% more), but the number of FF points was slightly higher, and more importantly, they count for FF status credits, and also count towards the 4 QF metal sectors you need to qualify for premium FF tiers.

If I purchased the flights as an EK flight number, I would still get points (Slightly fewer on EK than QF for the same fare class. SIN-DXB on EK Economy will get you 1700 QF points, Discount economy gets you 850 QF points. On the QF codeshare, SIN-DXB Economy will get you 2550 QF points, plus status bonus of 1913 points if you are QF Gold). On an EK ticket, I would still be eligible to use the lounge as a QF Gold member, but I would not get the status credits.

Comment

Part II now posted here!

Comment

Hi yflyer, thanks for the amazing trip report. Loved it!

Will be up in BCN in the next week or so, any food places to recommend in addition to those you reviewed?

Comment

Originally posted by wdranne View Post
                Hi yflyer, thanks for the amazing trip report. Loved it!

Will be up in BCN in the next week or so, any food places to recommend in addition to those you reviewed?
                Thanks, wdranne!

Here are couple of other places which I would also recommend.

For fine dining, check out this place:

Con Gracia
                Address: Carrer de Martínez de la Rosa, 8, 08012 Barcelona

They have tasting menus, with wine pairing. I didn't go there this time round, but I was there a year ago, and was thoroughly impressed. It was a business dinner and protocol meant that I could not whip out my iPhone to take pictures (Which I was sorely tempted to do!).

The other place I would suggest is actually a stretch of restaurants along the waterfront at the Museu d'Hisṭria de Catalunya, near the Barceloneta area.

It is quite a scenic spot to dine, with both outdoor and indoor seating. The restaurant along that stretch I have eaten at a couple of times is Merendero de la Mari (Address: Placa Pau Vila 1 Port Vell), and it is very good, but I have not tried the others along that stretch. The other restaurants there may be worth a try too.

Enjoy your trip!

Comment

Working...
                X