Miles/Points swap with Virgin Australia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miles/Points swap with Virgin Australia

SQ and VA going to allow miles/points to be used for redemptions and upgrades with each other. I use VA and enjoy the existing reciprocal perks, but struggle with redeeming my SQ miles at the best of times so not too excited about this.

http://www.ausbt.com.au/new-convert-...risflyer-miles

The ratio will be key. Not sure how easy Velocity points are to earn and how hard and expensive redemptions are. Probably more value for Velocity members than KF as I wouldn't think that via the points transfer you can lower the cost of a VA redemption below current KF levels for the same VA partner award.

Likely it means just more competition for KF Saver awards for SQ premium cabins - just what we are all looking forward to.

Comment

All I want is to be able to select a domestic VA flight and pay for it with my huge stash of KF miles. Is that too much to ask?

Comment

Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
        All I want is to be able to select a domestic VA flight and pay for it with my huge stash of KF miles. Is that too much to ask?
        You can already do it now with VA awards using KF miles. I've done it earlier this year to burn off my soon to be expired KF miles.

Comment

Would it be right to say that in future, I would be able to use my Krisflyer miles for DL ticket via VA?

DL's FUK-HNL would be really good for me.

Comment

Originally posted by GLAM82 View Post
            Would it be right to say that in future, I would be able to use my Krisflyer miles for DL ticket via VA?

DL's FUK-HNL would be really good for me.
            From the way I read it (assuming a decent transfer ratio) that should be possible.

Comment

Originally posted by edison View Post
              You can already do it now with VA awards using KF miles. I've done it earlier this year to burn off my soon to be expired KF miles.
              I know you can, but isn't the booking process a bit painful? I read somewhere you have to email or request or something like that? How was the process for you?

My ideal would be to just go to the VA website, select my flights, click a "Redeem with Miles" type button and select Krisflyer from a drop-down list.

Comment

Originally posted by demue View Post
                The ratio will be key. Not sure how easy Velocity points are to earn and how hard and expensive redemptions are. Probably more value for Velocity members than KF as I wouldn't think that via the points transfer you can lower the cost of a VA redemption below current KF levels for the same VA partner award.

Likely it means just more competition for KF Saver awards for SQ premium cabins - just what we are all looking forward to.
                This could easily be mitigated by tweaking the ratio. I'm thinking something like 1 KF - 1.2/1.3 Velocity would be reasonable.
                Life's A Bitch,
                Love It

If GOD created me for only 1 reason. That reason would be to the love of my wife. If there was any other reasons involved, that would be for the love of Singapore Airlines

Flown with me? - http://my.flightmemory.com/inix

Comment

Working...
                X