No announcement yet.

MAN lounge access on SQ Y as non-SQ *G?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MAN lounge access on SQ Y as non-SQ *G?

Greetings all

Moved to Singapore this year and so have shifted most of my business flying from NH to SQ, which I have enjoyed!

I hold a *G card from ANA (Platinum in their scheme) and will be visiting MAN over the Christmas period, SIN-ZRH SQ, ZRH-MAN LX, MAN-(MUC)-SIN SQ.

According to staralliance.com, while SWISS has four *G lounges available for me at ZRH, the only *G lounges at MAN appear to be Terminal 3 (bmi's lounges), with SQ departing T2. What does SQ do for lounge access for PPS/Elite Golds departing MAN in Y? Presumably it offers the same contract lounge (Escape T2) it offers to F/J pax to them, or is it T3 or nothing at all? Being a long way apart, that effectively means no lounge access. Will they give another *G access to a lounge in T2? To complicate matters we will be a family of 4, two *G parents, one child, one infant, so need to bring them as guests into the lounge (with ANA at least, infants are not counted for lounge purposes, since they cannot hold FF cards either).

I have some more q's on this trip re MAN which I shall ask elsewhere on the forums.

Originally posted by AndyD View Post
    What does SQ do for lounge access for PPS/Elite Golds departing MAN in Y? Presumably it offers the same contract lounge (Escape T2) it offers to F/J pax to them
    You will get access to the Escape Lounge at T2.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
      You will get access to the Escape Lounge at T2.
      This was indeed the case. Check-in referred me to the Escape lounge, but the nice ladies there had never seen an NH Platinum or my wife's NH 'Super Flyer's Card' (both clearly showing *G logo). They initially declined entry on mine while mis-identifying the wife's as KF Gold (!) but at my insistence that "check-in said so", their own ops manual was referred to. The SQ section clearly stated that *G pax in economy on SQ328 may use the lounge with a guest. Thanks SQ (who must bear the cost for non-SQ status pax to use the lounge)

On MUC-SIN leg lunch was served from the back, leaving only fish (out of three options) by the time the trolley reached us. A disappointed look and "I don't eat fish" was met with apologies and, shortly after, a J-class pork dish, which deserves a further I think.

Comment

The Escape Lounge is dreadful

Comment

Originally posted by dr gonzo View Post

I didn't think is was even that good ?
          Have we flown/are we flying together ?

http://www.ba97.com/ba97/calendar/re...?handle=dukesy

Comment

It's better than the previous one, believe me......

To be fair there are/were no good lounges at T2. However, VS have recently opened one, not a Clubhouse by any means as it's heavily catered for kids with their MAN routes being bucket & spade destinations, but it's new and and it's quite big. I was asked by SQ to have a look at it and fill in a feedback form about the lounge situation, which I did, so I know they were thinking of having a word with them

You should write to them about it. I don't want to complain too much about the Escape Lounge as it was me telling them 'Never again' about the Servisair Lounge that was the start of moving there in the first place.

Comment

I'll be there a few times this month so I may just do that...it's certainly not up to the usual standard we'd expect but it's better than nothing I guess....just dont turn up too late if flying business as you wont get a seat.

Comment

you can now get on the teacakes in the private bit of the air france (i think it is) lounge which SQ are now using at MAN

They seemed to have scrapped the Escape lounge idea and given that only a few people travel bus or first from MAN to SGP this new lounge is not too bad as its always empty when i use it

Comment

you can now get on the teacakes in the private bit of the air france (i think it is) lounge which SQ are now using at MAN

They seemed to have scrapped the Escape lounge idea and given that only a few people travel bus or first from MAN to SGP this new lounge is not too bad as its always empty when i use it
                  There are also *A Golds that have lounge access so the numbers are not insignificant. Besides, the last time I travelled on the route, granted SQ328 inbound, the only two people in F were going to MAN not MUC.

It's empty because the two main users, AF and KL, have moved to T3. Escape have actually taken it over, so while you have escaped the Escape lounge, you haven't escaped Escape. .

Comment

You are certainly the one in the know! I like the little cordoned off area away from everyone else

Comment

Lounge change at MAN

Dropped my Mum off for SQ327 last week and was informed by the girls that they have gone back to the Servisair lounge.

I can't remember how long ago it was, I'm guessing six or seven years ago, but I remember telling them it had got that bad in there I would just skip the lounge in future. They dropped it not long after. I personally quite enjoyed Escape Too with the personally roped off area for us in F and while the food was basic it was no worse than most other generic lounges around the world and you could order a bacon butty if you wanted. They even refused to let Priority Pass users access until they checked with SQ and DL how many guests were due in, and not many would do that and turn the money down.

We'll see how it goes anyway. To be fair I am not on SQ327 half as much as SQ328, and I haven't even tried it again yet. But I pass it enough to see what it looks like, and when I asked my Mum what it was like she said 'crowded', which even though it is silly season for MAN at the moment due to school holidays, doesn't bode well.

Comment

Unfortunately I can confirm the Servisair Lounge is just as bad as it was when they used it years ago. What possessed them to move from Escape Too, which while nothing to write home about was adequate for half an hour especially as they deliberately kept the numbers down.

The one redeeming point here is we also got vouchers for Café Ritazza which we did use and was certainly better than the lounge. I was specifically asked by the both the customer services manager and station manager during boarding what I thought of the lounge, so I told them...

Comment

Unfortunately I can confirm the Servisair Lounge is just as bad as it was when they used it years ago. What possessed them to move from Escape Too, which while nothing to write home about was adequate for half an hour especially as they deliberately kept the numbers down.

The one redeeming point here is we also got vouchers for Café Ritazza which we did use and was certainly better than the lounge. I was specifically asked by the both the customer services manager and station manager during boarding what I thought of the lounge, so I told them...
                          It is awful, if I was on an F ticket or even J I would be very unhappy. And as a Y traveller like me...just unhappy!
                          Even the terminal offerings are poor. Avoid...but at least they still fly from MAN (considering options on EK/QR and now CX).

Comment

Unfortunately I can confirm the Servisair Lounge is just as bad as it was when they used it years ago...
                            Am I correct in assuming the Servisair lounge is still the only option at MAN? Any improvements at all?

Comment

Working...
                            X