SQ A330 Inaugural Flights SIN-BNE-SIN and Training Flights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks for sharing guys

Is it me or did the festivities seem somewhat muted compared to the other inaugurals?

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
      Bolding is mine, and I could have sworn the first flight was not met by CCS ...

Singapore Airlines has launched Airbus A330-300 flights between Singapore’s Changi Airport and Brisbane International Airport.

The arrival of the aircraft into Brisbane coincides with the 25th anniversary of the airline’s operation of services into the city, and the first flight was met by Singapore Airlines Chief Executive Officer, Chew Choon Seng, and the new Queensland Minister for Tourism, The Hon Peter Lawlor MP.
      Well I kind of have the pictures to prove CCS did not meet the flight. Here they are...

Evidence and witness number one (1):

Evidence and witness number two (2):

Evidence and witness number three (3):

Does any of the witnesses want to recuse himself?

Comment

• Leaving 9V-STC

Here is a picture of our bird on arrival:

And I was not the only one taking pictures

PS: Once in town, I saw the following, which might help SQ LPP to prepare his next trip!

Hope he will have no problem on his upcoming trips!

Comment

• A registered *Migration* agent would help him become Australian!

Comment

• Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
            Hmmm...busy should never happen...no answer...well, that should have gone to vm... One of these days...
            It must be my US prepaid T-Mobile cell problem.
            I had been receiving sms saying HI... and when I replied, it kept saying hi. Then I would get picture messaging as well as an url myspace/...
            Virus?
            I got busy answer and no answer when calling other SQTalkers in the US that I know.

Comment

• Originally posted by DeltaFlyingProf View Post
              PS: Once in town, I saw the following, which might help SQ LPP to prepare his next trip!

Hope he will have no problem on his upcoming trips!
              Originally posted by Kyo View Post
              A registered *Migration* agent would help him become Australian!
              Remember I am very old! I think there is an age limit for Australian new migrant (individual category)!

Comment

• I only just got around to reading this thread.

So sorry to hear of your denied boarding SQ LPP

Unfortunately the rules for NZ changed last year - now anyone who needs a visa to enter NZ also needs one to transit.

Originally posted by TerryK View Post
                Just tell them that you are trying to re-enact The Terminal by Tom Hanks.

There is no immigration check if you stay in transit in AKL. It is really up to the SQ manager in SIN to let you board or not. Of course, given by-the-book SQ management mentality, no exceptions can be made even with obviously no risk to the company.

Hope you can get home quickly, smoothly and safely.
                In reality a transit can be done without going through immigration at any hour of day or night (between about 1am and 4am need to use phone call to get transit security to open up).

I guess NZ immigration fines airlines if they let pax onboard without visa who need one?

Having been denied boarding by SQ for visa rules before I know it is not a good feeling - even moreso for SQ LPP being such a special flight in fine company.

Comment

• Kudos SQ_LPP for staying positive through out your ordeal!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kiwi View Post
                    Unfortunately the rules for NZ changed last year - now anyone who needs a visa to enter NZ also needs one to transit.
                    Well, when I called Air New Zealand a month ago by giving my itinerary, the agent on the phone said it was okay, since I did not need to go through immigration as just a connection.
                    Anyway, thinking about it, it would be another hassle to get a visa since I had to apply to Ottawa. I was told that if I had Australian visa, it would be okay for me to connect at AKL. But I did not have time to get Australian visa because I was told at least 30-days processing time for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
                      Remember I am very old! I think there is an age limit for Australian new migrant (individual category)!
                      Isn't there e special treatment for those coming directly from the Jurassic era?

LOL

SQ LPP, I'm very sad for all the stressing events that hit your travel plans. It's so bad to hear you missed the inaugural. I suspect SQ missed a part of its without you onboard.
                      There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
                      If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

Comment

• Originally posted by Kiwi View Post
                        I only just got around to reading this thread.

So sorry to hear of your denied boarding SQ LPP

In reality a transit can be done without going through immigration at any hour of day or night (between about 1am and 4am need to use phone call to get transit security to open up).

I guess NZ immigration fines airlines if they let pax onboard without visa who need one?

Having been denied boarding by SQ for visa rules before I know it is not a good feeling - even moreso for SQ LPP being such a special flight in fine company.
                        As Kiwi said, big time it would appear [i don't ever remember seeing this one before]:

New Zealand Transit Rules: http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...visit/transit/

Visa Free countries: http://glossary.immigration.govt.nz/...ecountries.htm

And yeah SQ LPP really sorry to hear you were denied boarding, that really does suck especially given the fact that you came such a long way...but of course this won't be the last 1st flight right. Every cloud does have a silver lining
                        Last edited by hofo_mofo; 2 April 2009, 07:03 PM.
                        I'm still waiting for my cookie as my first name is Kris

Comment

Working...
                        X