KrisFlyer agent making up rules & lying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KrisFlyer agent making up rules & lying

Just made a redemption booking under a family member's Krisflyer account for a booking under my name. Did it online to get the 15% discount. During the booking, there was no way to input my own KF number.

From my past experience, having a PPS status reflected in my booking has helped making row 31/32 seats available as opposed to blocked out if no PPS status is inserted.

Thus, I made it a point to call KF to add my number to the booking.

1) Entered the KF number of the account holder via phone pad. Entered PIN.
    2) Told the agent of my intention. Agent initially said "there is no use to enter the KF number Sir, as you won't be getting any miles from this award ticket". I explained the reason, and she then proceeded.
    3) Agent asked for the account holder's birthdate and nationality for verification. (OK, quite reasonable - although I DID already entered the PIN number for verification)
    3) Agent then asked for MY birthdate and nationality for verification (I don't know if this is also the standard procedure, but no big deal ... I gave her the info).
    4) Agent put me on hold briefly to enter the KF number and came back saying "your KF number is already entered, Sir. You won't be able to retrieve your booking online since I have touched it."
    5) Me: "Eh? I didn't know that. So I won't be able to change my seat online etc.?"
    6) Agent: "No Sir, you will have to call us."
    7) Me: "Okay, then. Can you please see if there are any seats available in row 31/32?"
    8) Agent: "Actually Sir, you are already assigned a seat in row XX".
    9) Me: "Yes, I understand that. But I would like to get a seat in row 31 or 32 if there are any available."
    10) Agent: "No, Sir. There are no more seats available in row 31 or 32."
    11) Me: "I see. Okay, thanks anyway."

After I hung up, 1 minute later the booking showed up under my own My Booking. I can retrieve it. And you know what? I can see 5 seats in row 31/32 available. Changed it right there and then.

I guess it's sometimes easier to do a Carol Beer "computer says no" (fans of Little britain will know what i'm talking about ) than to just go do it

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
      You won't be able to retrieve your booking online since I have touched it."
      5) Me: "Eh? I didn't know that. So I won't be able to change my seat online etc.?"
      6) Agent: "No Sir, you will have to call us."
      She wasn't really lying. That's what it says (incorrectly) in their training manuals, IIRC.

Comment

Hmmm, I wonder if is this more likely a case of serious incompetence rather than outright lying??

Comment

In my limited experience in dealing with KF agents, IMHO, I don't think the agent is lying or making up rules as the title otf this thread stated. I should say the agent is unknowledgeable. Or it's following the training course that was given.
          If you think the agent was lying in your case, I don't know what to say if you happen to pool your miles on BD Diamond Club and try to book a redemption ticket. The agents on line for BD redemptions are mostly following certain procedures. So, if I gave my postal code and the street address afterwards, they got confused, i.e. asking me to repeat the answer according what the manual says in front of his/her computer. And yes, many times they would say it's not possible like when I wanted to take a flight for YVR to ZRH. They were always sticked to AC or whatever came up in the computer. When I said tried YVR-SFO-JFK on UA and JFK-FRA SQ FRA-ZRH on LX. They would answer it's not possible. The rules do not allow that.
          But with patient and "a call back later" strategy, I found that I could get better results to my best advantage.

Anyhow, you were lucky to be able to see row 31 or 32 in your seat booking on line. Guess what? For me, even though, I bought my Y tix SIN-ZRH for tomorrow in Y on line, I could not see any seats available for row 31 on line at all. And yes, my KF number is there. So I had to get help from SQ office to grab seat 31H.
          And just now, I checked my on line booking, and looked up seat map, it still did not show any seats on row 31 on line.

Comment

In case it was not clear, the lying part is where she said that no seats in row 31 & 32 is available.

Comment

SQ LPP, exactly. Phone agents can see the seats availability better than when we do online booking or internet check in. Why would she say all seats in row 31&32 are taken up when there are still available (even to online booking)? That IS, IMHO, lying.

Comment

In case it was not clear, the lying part is where she said that no seats in row 31 & 32 is available.
                Yes, you're right.

Comment

Experience quite a few time with the row 31 issue. Basically they dont have the authority to release the seat as the seat are being block for those travel with infant. Even OLCI you can see the seat available but you are not allow to select as the pop up says seat are reserve for those travel with infant kindly check with the airport when you check in.

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
                    Yes, you're right.

Again, I am sure you know that all agents have the same access level. Correct me if I am wrong. I had experienced when the agents saw certain seats were blocked like row 31/32 or 17AC on 744 or 14AK on 77W. And I don't consider them as lying, because I made the assumption that the agents were not given a full access (perhaps still junior, or who knows). I would asked for the supervisor instead. Or I made a call back.

But basically, I guess I am not a typical pax like most of you. I guess I am accepting what I encounter, and I will work around it to get me the result I want. And yes, I know there were many things that I encountered during my trips all these years, and some would say I am too soft in handling the situation. Well definitely, I would not call someone lying, because I have a reason, which is I doubt that the agent was really given an access to full seat maps, or else, I have a doubt that somehow she opened the seat map without any TPP status access.

Anyway, I rest my case. Each person has different view. And mine is definitely is the opposite of yours. But that's just me, the real me in life.

Cheers!

Comment

No, you are not a typical pax, Mr. SQ LPP. And good for you.
                      I guess we'll have to just agree to disagree in this case.

Until we know for a fact that the agent did not have access to full seat map etc. (not just from assumptions/guessing), I will still feel mistreated by the agent. Not that I did anything else to complain about her to KF or SQ. I accepted it. Perhaps just an expectation that was not met. Kind of like when you expect to be given a towel onboard of certain temperature and it was not.

yauee: I have experienced the same (with pop up during selection for row 31 seats). But had no problem selecting any seats from row 32.

Comment

No, you are not a typical pax, Mr. SQ LPP. And good for you.
                        I guess we'll have to just agree to disagree in this case.

Until we know for a fact that the agent did not have access to full seat map etc. (not just from assumptions/guessing), I will still feel mistreated by the agent. Not that I did anything else to complain about her to KF or SQ. I accepted it. Perhaps just an expectation that was not met. Kind of like when you expect to be given a towel onboard of certain temperature and it was not.

yauee: I have experienced the same (with pop up during selection for row 31 seats). But had no problem selecting any seats from row 32.
                        Well as you said, I am not a typical pax. And yes, I am happy with who I am. I am happy with my life which takes downturn at the moment. And I choose not to expect much.

Regarding hot towels, come on, when you fly for 6 years, and the towels were consistently hot, wouldn't you notice when it's not? Thus, my thread about not-so-hot-towel is something that I notice during my travel. And yes, I still accept what they are giving me, whether the towel is back to hot or just luke warm. But I don't feel as being mistreated. Thus your argument for being same as my hot towel case, is irrelevant.

Well, if you read my post, when the agent did not see my seats, I made my own assumption that the agent has no access, thus I opt to ask for supervisor or to make a call back. But again, you said "not just from assumptions/guessing" when actually you called the agent a liar which imply that you assume or you guess that the agent has the full access of the seat map. Precisely, unless I know for sure that the agent has full access...I wouldn't be so quick to call her a liar.

But again, I am sure you know that all agents have the same access level.

Comment

Ok now for my 2 cents...

I think because it's very often an "exit row/bassinet" seat, Row 31 availability is sometimes a grey area and sometimes the system may not be able to assign it. Sometimes it can only be assigned at the airport, correct?

However, this is not the case for Row 32, if the agent told StarG that it was not available when in fact there were open seats, then IMHO she was very likely lying.

As for the broader issue of our "expectations", I think a lot of us in this community each have our different service level expectations. Some relate to the subject discussed in this thread, others to the temperature of the towels ...

For me personally, I really, really, really don't like the cabin crew packing up the cabin and telling the pax to Put Their Seats Upright 30 mins before arrival...

Comment

Well...a lie is a lie, regardless of circumstances. Tough luck

JWNY
                            drink Coke...save water

Comment

Working...
                            X