Using Krisflyer miles to UG, but credit to BD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using Krisflyer miles to UG, but credit to BD

Has anyone tried using their KF miles to upgrade existing ticket but want their miles (in original ticketed class) credited to another FFP?

I wonder how complicated that is going to be. Yes, I know ... tell check in to credit miles to BD... but given the situation with BD's posting of miles, and my ticket shows Business....

Just make sure your BD number shows in FQTV of both Y booking, as well as the upgraded C. It will make it easier later when something goes wrong.
    I had done both for LH and BD, and did not have problem.

Comment

Yes..did that recently. Upgraded my Y to a Raffles. and credited my Y to BD.

What I did was a booking which was to credit BD. Then used SQ krisfler miles to upgrade.

Comment

I have done this a few times without a problem.

Comment

I have done it a few times. Sometimes works smoothly and sometimes does not. The interface between SQ and LH seems to not work very well since SQ went to PPS Value. The worst one took about 4 months of to-ing and fro-ing to get resolved

Comment

Yes it worked. With only BD*G showing though. The HK agent couldn't get the system to accept both BD and SQ (for revenue towards PPS), so I just left it with BD.

Flights were credited correctly (as SQ in C class) within 3 days of flights. A record in my opionion!

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Betsy View Post
              Yes it worked. With only BD*G showing though. The HK agent couldn't get the system to accept both BD and SQ (for revenue towards PPS), so I just left it with BD.

Flights were credited correctly (as SQ in C class) within 3 days of flights. A record in my opionion!
              I believe SQ is handled by Jardine Airport Services in HKG, so they don't know how to do the above.

You can go to the your KrisFlyer/PPS profile and add your BD number to it.

When making reservations, all you have to do is give them only the BD number, and SQ's system will automatically append your Krisflyer/PPS number for PPS value purposes.

Note: The boarding pass will print with the SQ Krisflyer/PPS number. But miles will automatically post to BD.

Comment

Originally posted by dnllam View Post
                When making reservations, all you have to do is give them only the BD number, and SQ's system will automatically append your Krisflyer/PPS number for PPS value purposes.
                Just remember that your name in both accounts are exactly the same as well as the title. When my tix only shows SQ LPP, the SQ system doesn't pick up my info. But when LH or BD or my TA booked me as Mr SQ LPP, SQ system picked it up right away.

Comment

Working...
                X