Unpublished benefits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unpublished benefits

Couldn't find a suitable thread on this.

Just had BNE check-in agent confirm that, when load allows, SQ will block the seat next to me. I am KF*G and only fly in Y but this happens a lot on SIN-BNE. Naively I just thought I was really good at choosing seats, but really does make a difference down the back. Assume this only applies to KF golds.

Does anyone know if this is common for some routes? Wonder if there are any other unpublished benefits, birthday cakes excepted.

Originally posted by mrwp2000 View Post
    Couldn't find a suitable thread on this.

Just had BNE check-in agent confirm that, when load allows, SQ will block the seat next to me. I am KF*G and only fly in Y but this happens a lot on SIN-BNE. Naively I just thought I was really good at choosing seats, but really does make a difference down the back. Assume this only applies to KF golds.

Does anyone know if this is common for some routes? Wonder if there are any other unpublished benefits, birthday cakes excepted.
    I don't thing there is an official policy directive on this, more that they will try and do it when asked. Did the agent volunteer to do it or did you ask ?.

I have had them do their best to block seats next to me in J ex-BNE.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
      I don't thing there is an official policy directive on this, more that they will try and do it when asked. Did the agent volunteer to do it or did you ask ?.

I have had them do their best to block seats next to me in J ex-BNE.
      We never ask but it seems to happen quite a lot.

For wife & me ( TPP ) & kids ( KFG )

Comment

If only this would happen to me just once on SQ217. Just once is all I ask...

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
          I don't thing there is an official policy directive on this, more that they will try and do it when asked. Did the agent volunteer to do it or did you ask ?
          No, this was done automatically during OLCI. I saw that just the seat next to me was taken up a few hours after I did OLCI, despite there being lots of other free pairs available, so decided to ask at the airport if I could move to one with an empty adjacent seat. And that's when the BNE check-in agent told me that the seat was blocked for me, and that they will do it when there is a low enough load. Someone on the flight asked about loads, and response was 75%, so was a bit quieter than normal for BNE-SIN.

Comment

That would explain why, sometimes, the seat next to me would become inexplicably occupied, despite there being many other, more desirable seats around...

Comment

Working...
            X