No announcement yet.

Singapore airlines too expensive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is your problem, not the airlines. If you feel it's too expensive, fly someone else. If you want to fly SQ, pay the price.

Simple.

Why SQ needs to charge the fare at the level that you're willing pay? They're a business after all, not charity.

Michael

Comment

Originally posted by balajih67 View Post
      OOPS, my bad. I dont consider miles when buying tickets. maybe for those who do, it might be a good deal.

i have flown scoot to chennai before. Everything is fine except the fact that i hate to buy food in a plane. so i dont take scoot anymore.
      One has to keep in mind miles are not free. So is either you take the discount out front or accumulation of miles assuming that you will use it in time, before expired!

Comment

Originally posted by eamond View Post
        This is your problem, not the airlines. If you feel it's too expensive, fly someone else. If you want to fly SQ, pay the price.

Simple.

Why SQ needs to charge the fare at the level that you're willing pay? They're a business after all, not charity.

Michael
        This may be exactly the reason why SQ is lossing money in the pass few months.

Comment

Honestly, as an Australian passenger, I found Singapore Airlines are of a great value compared to other airlines I am flying with:

1. Generous frequent flyer scheme and Velocity tie-up: SIA offers a generous frequent flyer scheme and its Flexi-saver fares has been very comparable to the discounted fares offered on Qantas and Cathay Pacific for flights between Australia and Asia.
          You can earn huge amount of status credits of Virgin Australia's Velocity Frequent Flyer, that if you fly a twice or thrice on SIA to/from Asia on Flexi-Saver, you will land yourself Velocity Gold that will allow you lounge access and 20kg extra baggage allowance. This is especially beneficial for expats and international students who need to travel to/from Australia frequently.

2. During peak times, you will get Premium Economy which earns more status credits with Virgin Australia and get to Gold faster, plus 110% miles and 5kg extra luggage allowance allows you to bring more stuff each time you travel. And Premium Economy fares are comparable to the economy fares when you fly direct with Cathay Pacific or Qantas.

3. Even they have removed the 15% discount on online Krisflyer booking and increased the miles required for booking, I can still able to fly 5 get 1 free, which is equivalent to 15% discount of fares when I am with Krisflyer program. This is very generous, as if you were on Qantas, you need to fly 16 or 8 to get 1 free for its discounted fares, which is only 6.25% or 12.5% discount when I am flying with Qantas frequently.

Thus, I won't say Singapore Airlines is too expensive. In fact it is good value. And I believe most Australian flyers agreed with their feet already, because it is 2 months to Christmas, and SIA has sold out Economy Seats on flights from Australia!

Comment

Originally posted by cscs1956 View Post
            This may be exactly the reason why SQ is lossing money in the pass few months.
            Profits are down, but they are not running at a loss. Not the same thing.

Comment

Working...
            X