No announcement yet.

Singapore Airlines latest cabin products on the new B777-300ER (77WN) - 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From what I saw on the booking page PEY is not available on 318 on a date I selected somewhere in October.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQkid View Post
      May I know how long before a flight that they might change to a 77WR for example 638 I'm flying late Nov is there a possibility that it could change to a 77WR because I want to try the new products as compared to gambling with a 3 class config not knowing whether is it a 77WN.
      638/637 rotation stays 77W (8F, 42 J). Very unlikely to be 77WN: it might change, but looks to be assigned one of the 6 remaining 2006 77Ws

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
        Gotcha! My mistake, then. I think NRT might be a 77WR too eventually. Unless something last minute occurs, you could probably expect a 77WR, since November is sometime away.

Also, any news about SQ318/319 completely going 77WR? It has had a very good number of cases with this.
        Looks to become mostly 2006 77W until those 6 get reconfigured.
        Seems the remaining 77WN will go to 77WR first (9V-SWZ now in hand).

But some 318/319 rotations may well continue to get 77WRs. Eventually, all will go 77WR.

Comment

Confirmed -- Dummy booking shows SQ2/1 with PEY and will be a 77WR from July 21st.
          Note also that F, S, and Y inventory is zeroed out (booked out) for days on end after 21 July in both directions.....................

J is available most dates account the 6 extra Business Class seats.

Comment

Confirmed -- Dummy booking shows SQ2/1 with PEY and will be a 77WR from July 21st.
            oh wow ok thanks !

Comment

• Originally posted by Bitterroot View Post
              Note also that F, S, and Y inventory is zeroed out (booked out) for days on end after 21 July in both directions.....................

J is available most dates account the 6 extra Business Class seats.
              wow the flights are suddenly full ?

Comment

• Looks like SQ2 got swapped to SWG, a 2006 plane we thought was retrofitted months ago. SWU was initially suppose to operate for this. I guess they want to put SFO as a 77WR as they have been usually 98% consistent with their product.

Comment

• Originally posted by hjerapa View Post
                  wow the flights are suddenly full ?
                  I find it surprising they are doing this in the busy peak Summer season. I was expecting to be after Peak Season is over. Since it is reducing from 8 to 4 F and the second flight doesn't even have F, so they are not accounting another 77WR route for SFO in this situation.

Comment

I find it surprising they are doing this in the busy peak Summer season. I was expecting to be after Peak Season is over. Since it is reducing from 8 to 4 F and the second flight doesn't even have F, so they are not accounting another 77WR route for SFO in this situation.

I think it's related to yield. CX also operates 77G (without F-class) on CX870. Furthermore, I think since UA launches SFO-SIN direct flight, it attracts some business class passengers as well from SQ.

However, I'm surprised there will be a further 44 economy seats cut per day on SQ1/2!

Comment

• Originally posted by happyflyer View Post
                      I think it's related to yield. CX also operates 77G (without F-class) on CX870. Furthermore, I think since UA launches SFO-SIN direct flight, it attracts some business class passengers as well from SQ.

However, I'm surprised there will be a further 44 economy seats cut per day on SQ1/2!
                      I think yield is the same reason why CX downguaged from a 744 to a 77W; even if a plane is full it might not be making enough money. Same reason I believe LAX was downguaged to double daily 77WR. Except for the nonstop flights looks like SFO won't be seeing any additional 77WR to make up for 44 Y or 4F seats being lost.

IIRC, 5 years ago during peak season (Though announced maybe 3-4 months ago), CX downguaged from 744 to a 77W in July as well

Comment

• Anyone know what's gonna happen to SQ237/238? Once in a while it gets a 77WR though not always. It is reverting back to just a 2006 77W as SWZ seems to obviously be in for a 6 week refit.

I guess the only few 3-class routes to remain after SQ2/1 go 77WR next month are: SQ211/212 (SYD), SQ836/825 (PVG), SQ318/319 (LHR), SQ634/635 (HND, which this afternoon flight has NEVER got PEY), and SQ638/637 (NRT). Some redeye flights like PVG and PEK tend to get it instead of the 773 but not always, not sure if we are expecting a permanent change to eventually occur with 800/805 and 826/827.

If anyone has more information on the 3-class routes going 77WR, feel free to list them.

Comment

• Just went to the SQ website to check , I did a dummy booking for around November and apparently 800/805 will be a 777-200 and 826/827 does not have PEY.

Comment

Just went to the SQ website to check , I did a dummy booking for around November and apparently 800/805 will be a 777-200 and 826/827 does not have PEY.
                            Ok so 826/827 will be a 773 with of course swaps now and then. Also same with MNL though it tends to get 77WRs now and then (910/917)

Comment

• Usually, SQ takes in 2 planes at a time for refit am I right? If its this case, is there likely another plane going in soon or are they slowing down the refit?

Comment

Usually, SQ takes in 2 planes at a time for refit am I right? If its this case, is there likely another plane going in soon or are they slowing down the refit?
                                Except SWZ, all other planes are in service. My guess is that from this point, they will be working the 77WNs backwards til SWU and probably going back to SWG. I'm eyeing that because that's where they left off and they will probably reproceed with the oldest 77W with 2006 products and work their way til they reach SWT.

Comment

Working...
                                X