No announcement yet.

Singapore Airlines latest cabin products on the new B777-300ER (77WN) - 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ318 getting a lot of old F recently, according to flightradar24. One in four or five.

Fingers crossed for the 23rd

Comment

• SQ318: 77W (old) only 3 times this year : 11, 13, 18 Jan

Comment

• That's three times too many

Comment

• Even NRT got SWF one of the days last week. Surprised MEL and HKG/SFO didn't get any substitutions. Not expecting any substitutions for North America anyway.

However, HKG (SQ866) got SWZ on Saturday and SWU on Monday (Right off SQ1 from SFO and HKG).
          Last edited by SQfanatic; 20 January 2016, 07:55 AM.

Comment

• Does anyone have the updated list of the B777-300ERs (post SWA to SWT tail registrations) that have been refitted with a new cabin layout with all cabins aligned to the fit out for SWU to SNC?

Comment

• From the list here:

In Service: 27
              Seating 1: 8F/42J/228Y (2006 F, 2006 J, 2006 Y)

- 9V-SWA
              - 9V-SWB
              - 9V-SWD
              - 9V-SWE
              - 9V-SWF
              - 9V-SWG
              - 9V-SWH
              - 9V-SWI
              - 9V-SWO
              - 9V-SWP
              - 9V-SWQ
              - 9V-SWR
              - 9V-SWS
              - 9V-SWT

Seating 2: 8F/42J/228Y (2013 F, 2013 J, 2013 Y)

- 9V-SWU
              - 9V-SWV
              - 9V-SWW
              - 9V-SWY
              - 9V-SWZ
              - 9V-SNA

Seating 3: 4F/48J/28S/184Y (2013 F, 2013 J, 2015 S, 2013 Y)

- 9V-SWJ
              - 9V-SWK
              - 9V-SWL
              - 9V-SWM
              - 9V-SWN
              - 9V-SNB
              - 9V-SNC

9V-SWO is probably in refit to 77WR standards.

Comment

• Thanks leops1984. Does anyone know if MXP will get either a 77WN or 77WR by Q2 this year?

Comment

• Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
                  Thanks leops1984. Does anyone know if MXP will get either a 77WN or 77WR by Q2 this year?
                  I wouldn't think so. More than likely it will go A350- certainly the ones that extend to BCN will by the end of the year. But it's really a guessing game at the moment.

I do know one person though who is looking forward to boarding shiny new SNC tonight!

Comment

• Nasty surprise on SQ318

Those who boarded SQ318 is in for a big surprise- currently served by SWA. It's been ages since SWA took on SQ318 and I certainly hope I will not be part of such a surprise on 6th February on 318!

Comment

• 9V-SWO should hatch by next week or the week of the Superbowl (Before the weekend of Feb 6-7). Then it should be SWP that will get refitted.

As for 318, it's been getting a lot of old interior planes recently. Coincidentally, 9V-SWA operated 308/321 and then 318/319 after.

Comment

• On this morning (22 Jan), SQ305 is operated by 9V-SWN ... but the bigger surprise is that SQ317 is a 77W (9V-SWT) rather than the usual A380 ....
                        When the going gets tough, the tough go travelling ...

Comment

• I recall we were discussing the flight path maps on here some time ago.

I was very lucky a couple of days back to get SNC from FRA-SIN followed by SNA from SIN-MEL. Both of course had the new touch screen IFE.

The difference was the flight map app- SNA still had the classic 2D app, albeit displaying in a much higher quality. SNC had the new app with the 3D visualisations as well as the cockpit and window seat guides. I believe when I opened it, it said Panasonic Avionics.

Anybody have information as to why two of the newest planes with the 2013 IFE would have different flight path apps?

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                            I recall we were discussing the flight path maps on here some time ago.

I was very lucky a couple of days back to get SNC from FRA-SIN followed by SNA from SIN-MEL. Both of course had the new touch screen IFE.

The difference was the flight map app- SNA still had the classic 2D app, albeit displaying in a much higher quality. SNC had the new app with the 3D visualisations as well as the cockpit and window seat guides. I believe when I opened it, it said Panasonic Avionics.

Anybody have information as to why two of the newest planes with the 2013 IFE would have different flight path apps?
                            As per the beginning of this thread, these planes (SWU-SNA) were delivered between 2013 and 2015 so they of course wanted to update their KrisWorld maps on the 77WN and on the existing 77W fleet of old products. At that time, these planes were delivered with seats fresh from the factory. However, the launch of PEY prompted them to update their maps with a new 3D look, including SNB and SNC along with the refit. Yeah, I wonder why the 77WNs also don't have the 3D maps, they look a lot better and display more information. I hope SQ will seriously consider giving the 77WNs maps like the 77WR, makes me want to only consider flying SQ15/16 for one of those reasons.

It's almost the same as to why I wonder why the 77WR (SWJ-SWO) have OnAir Wifi and SNB and SNC have T-Mobile (Can't the refitted 77WR also have T-Mobile/time based wifi too)?

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
                              (Can't the refitted 77WR also have T-Mobile/time based wifi too)?
                              I should imagine that is down to SQ being stuck in a contract with OnAir

Comment

• Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
                                I should imagine that is down to SQ being stuck in a contract with OnAir
                                Hopefully the new OnAir wifi will get tested and hope it will be time based. If I ever fly SQ15/16, hope mercy will have on me that I have the SN birds or fly the 77WN via HKG.

Aside from that, as for the maps, it's another story. SQ should eventually install the newer 3D maps on the 77WNs.

Comment

Working...
                                X