No announcement yet.

Singapore Airlines latest cabin products on the new B777-300ER (77WN) - 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was actually incorrect about SWV as per my last post. SWV is still in service. It's SWY that seems to be out for a 77WR conversion which should be our next 77WR candidate in about 6 weeks time. It's been out since Saturday. SWQ should hopefully hatch this week.

If this determination is made (most likely), that means we have 2 77WN left (SWV, SWW) for 77WR conversion, and 4 77W (SWG, SWI, SWS, SWT) for a 77WR retrofit. That means a total of 6 three-class 77W are left for a 77WR conversion. SWG and SWI are already 10 years and hopefully get to them soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
      I was actually incorrect about SWV as per my last post. SWV is still in service. It's SWY that seems to be out for a 77WR conversion which should be our next 77WR candidate in about 6 weeks time. It's been out since Saturday. SWQ should hopefully hatch this week.

If this determination is made (most likely), that means we have 2 77WN left (SWV, SWW) for 77WR conversion, and 4 77W (SWG, SWI, SWS, SWT) for a 77WR retrofit. That means a total of 6 three-class 77W are left for a 77WR conversion. SWG and SWI are already 10 years and hopefully get to them soon.
      After SWQ hatches as 77WR , my guess is that either SWG or SWI would be next .
      Last edited by SQkid; 31 August 2017, 12:54 PM.

Comment

• I'm inclined to suggest SWS and SWT will go next. SWG and SWI were in a maintenance cycle but for some reason got left unrefurbed. They are possibly not in need of heavy maintenance again so soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
          I'm inclined to suggest SWS and SWT will go next. SWG and SWI were in a maintenance cycle but for some reason got left unrefurbed. They are possibly not in need of heavy maintenance again so soon.
          SWY seems to be in line for retrofit, because it has not been flying for a couple of days, but it's still possible that any 3-class 77W can go for a retrofit soon, let's wait and see.

Also, I heard of no such announcement, but does anyone know that SQ424/423 to BOM is going 77WR? I know this is likely temporary, but iCargo has said it's getting the frame off SQ319 (SWL), while SQ2 gets the frame off SQ325 (Usually, but sometimes it gets it off SQ1). Is it the same reason as last Summer....like BOM has times of lower loads?

EDIT: SQ424/423 are going 77WR this entire month of September, it'll revert back to the A380 in October. S is available on this route, similar to last Summer (June-Aug).
          Last edited by SQfanatic; 3 September 2017, 12:05 PM.

Comment

• 9V-SWQ seems to be taking a long time,still no flight activity.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQkid View Post
              9V-SWQ seems to be taking a long time,still no flight activity.
              SWQ has hatched, it should be our next 77WR. iCargo says no routes are assigned to it, yet. So we'll know eventually what evidence holds. We don't know for sure what other 77W will be out next but SWY is definitely out for conversion so maybe another 77WN after LHR goes 77WR daily.

Also I'm a little surprised SWR did no A/T prior to becoming a 77WR
              Last edited by SQfanatic; 5 September 2017, 12:09 PM.

Comment

• Hi guys

I do I find out from the code I.e 9V-S?? if the A380 or 777W are using the new fitted business class seats?

I am planning SIN-MEL-SIN and like to experience the new business class seats on A380 and 777W.

Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by rtan17 View Post
                  Hi guys

I do I find out from the code I.e 9V-S?? if the A380 or 777W are using the new fitted business class seats?

I am planning SIN-MEL-SIN and like to experience the new business class seats on A380 and 777W.

Thanks.
                  You won't be able to see which plane it is when you buy the ticket and last-minute swaps can occur, or even between A380 and 77W can be changed after you buy, so it depends how far in advance you are buying the tickets for.

At this stage, no A380 has the new business seats and the newest ones arriving later this year or early next won't be heading to MEL. They keep changing SQ217/8 between A380 and 77W, so when are you planning for? If it's between now and end of JAN18, if it says it will be a 77W on those flights, then you are pretty safe that you will get the new product as they will use a 4-class configuration 77WR.

SQ227/8 are the flights where you are almost certain to get the new seat. You'd be really very unlucky not to. Only something like a last minute disruption that can't ever be planned for will cause you a problem, so these flights are the best for you to pick.

SQ207/8 is an A350 that also has a version of the new business seat. Some say it is slightly shorter and not as completely good, others seem to think it's roughly the same. I've not sat in either so I won't comment.

SQ237/8 are the 77W flights to avoid. It gets some 77W with the new seat and some without, and as more retrofitting of premium economy takes place, chances are high you will get one of the planes with old product. They are SWG, SWI, SWS & SWT. You could get SWV or SWW that have the new seat as they are often used on these flights, but they could be pulled in for retrofitting at any time. We have no info as to when SQ237/8 will change to the 4-class configuration, so not a safe pick right now.

SQ247/8 operate 3 days per week with an A330. They are the last ones you would choose!

Comment

• Hi SQ228

Yes last minute plane change is really unavoidable just have to keep my finger cross.

We are travelling in Mar18 so likely SQ207/SQ217 and SQ228 is the best choice?

Yes SQ207/8 is definitely the best choice. I saw the business class just 2 days ago and feel is slightly shorter but that could be the curvy design? But who cares if it's shorter by few cm.

I thought of planning SQ217 (not to early as we are Travelling with young kids) and back SQ228 or SQ208 (arrive sin pass midnight so still considering but this will be the best choice to avoid disappointment).

Yes will definitely avoid A333 at all cost. ��

Comment

• Yes, ever since SQ2/1 switched to a 77WR, SQ237/238 have consistently gotten a 77WN, although we had a few days last week it had a 2006 77W equipment. I also think right now SWW is our next candidate for a conversion to a 77WR, so SWV will solely be operating SQ237/238, so because of that it is subject to any equipment changes to a 2006 77W (SWG, SWI, SWS, SWT) and very rarely will it get a 77WR (One case two weeks ago it got SWM).

Your best bet is either SQ207/208 or SQ227/228 if you just want the new cabin products.

Comment

Hi SQ228

Yes last minute plane change is really unavoidable just have to keep my finger cross.

Yes SQ207/8 is definitely the best choice. I saw the business class just 2 days ago and feel is slightly shorter but that could be the curvy design? But who cares if it's shorter by few cm.

I thought of planning SQ217 (not to early as we are Travelling with young kids) and back SQ228 or SQ208 (arrive sin pass midnight so still considering but this will be the best choice to avoid disappointment).

That does sound like a good plan to head over with SQ207/217 and head back on SQ228 if you are travelling in March. They might suddenly change SQ217 to an A380 but I think it is fairly unlikely, but even if they do, then you would have the new product on the way back with SQ228. SQ207 will certainly be A350. All of these flights tend to be very busy ones, and if you are going to travel Fri, Sat or Sun, I would definitely get in very soon and buy tickets.

By March next year it is quite possible that all of the 77W will have been retrofitted or they will be down to only one or two left, so SQ237/8 could possibly be running a 4-class configuration by then, but it's hard to know for sure as it's 6 months away. SQ207 and SQ228 will give you the new product in both directions but SQ217 probably will as well.

Comment

• If the refit is being done so quickly at this rate where 2 planes is gone and soon after another 2 planes is in , it should be done by JAN18 so the whole 77W fleet will be 77WR.

Comment

Hi SQ228

Again, if SQ217/218 is a 77W, it's pretty certain it will have a new cabin as it is a 77WR. Same will go with 227/228, so in March you'll be fine. 207/208 are your best bet. Don't go with 237/238, there have been rare cases where it'll actually be a regional 773 as well.

One thing I wanted to iterate about SQ217/218 is from early Oct to when the Northern Summer schedule ends, it will be a 77WR but from then til December it shows a 3-class configuration rather than 4-class, which is interesting. I guess that is when NRT loses its 77W. However, after MEL's A380 period it'll be back to 77WR.

Originally posted by SQkid View Post
                            If the refit is being done so quickly at this rate where 2 planes is gone and soon after another 2 planes is in , it should be done by JAN18 so the whole 77W fleet will be 77WR.
                            Yes. However, it's going to depend on what happens to the remaining 3-class regular 77W routes: SYD (211/212), HND (634/635), MEL (237/238) and PVG (836/825) so to speak. There can always be short notice as to when PEY will be introduced on those routes.

Comment

• It looks like SQ211/212 is having its F capacity lidded to 4 from sometime in October so I'm guessing it's going to morph into a 77WR then.

Comment

• Originally posted by a340-313x View Post
                                It looks like SQ211/212 is having its F capacity lidded to 4 from sometime in October so I'm guessing it's going to morph into a 77WR then.
                                I suspected it would be up for PEY soon. SQ211 connects with so many long haul flights heading into SIN of a morning that have PEY cabins, so it really needs to be a priority. With SQ241 departing at 0710, many flights can't connect with it, so SQ211 is the only option other than waiting for an evening flight. The order of remaining flights going 4-class is going to be very focused on PEY connections, I think.

Comment

Working...
                                X