X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summer 2012 schedule changes out

~source: Channelnewsasia
    http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stori...172186/1/.html

SINGAPORE: Singapore Airlines (SIA) will make some flight network changes between March 25 and October 27 next year to match capacity with prevailing demand for travel during the Northern Summer schedule.

- CNA/cc
    Last edited by SINFJ; 19 December 2011, 05:03 PM. Reason: Removal of details to avoid infringing copywright issues

Sorry but didn't someone mentioned that copying and pasting entire articles are not allowed here??

Comment

hmm.. could there be more changes, esp to the aircraft used to SYD and MEL?

Comment

Originally posted by slacker View Post
        hmm.. could there be more changes, esp to the aircraft used to SYD and MEL?
        When are there NOT changes to the aircraft flying to MEL? I'm booked in March on SQ228 on a refitted 773, but will believe it when I fly it.

I'm surprised about the MAN-MUC flight reduction- I thought that was one of their more productive routes. Anyone got any ideas which day of the week will get cut?

I'm booked to fly out of MUC in April, so hopefully it won't be my day. Starting to get hopeful I might have a less than full plane to enjoy...

Comment

MLE 2x daily? Didn't know the demand was so strong.

Comment

And still no news about the 3rd daily A380 to LHR...

Comment

Originally posted by eriond View Post
              And still no news about the 3rd daily A380 to LHR...
              Yeah, that was always a very strong rumour. I just read an article reporting on IATA data that claimed many business travellers were moving to the economy section on Europe-Asia flights.

Given SQ's decision to go all business on the upper deck, maybe right now isn't the best time to flood the SIN-LHR market with another 100 business seats a day!

Maybe instead of sending us the last plane left in the hangar, they could send some more A380s down to MEL. We've got money and we want to travel. Every MEL-SIN flight I've been on in the past couple of years has been packed, but we are the first to lose our A380 if they need one elsewhere.

Comment

Let's leave MEL in the dark by itself while SYD, ADL, BNE & PER get increases and extra flights, while MEL gets a decrease!

SIN-ADL: x10 Weekly A330
                SIN-BNE: x3 Daily A330
                SIN-PER: x3 Daily A330

Flights effective from 25 MAR to 27 OCT

SIN-BOM: x19 Weekly
                SIN-ICN: x4 Daily

Comment

SQ Press Release

http://www.singaporeair.com/jsp/cms/...s/ne111219.jsp

Similarly, LH is also reducing MUC-SIN-CGK come S12 from daily to 5/week

Comment

Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                    Maybe instead of sending us the last plane left in the hangar, they could send some more A380s down to MEL. We've got money and we want to travel. Every MEL-SIN flight I've been on in the past couple of years has been packed, but we are the first to lose our A380 if they need one elsewhere.
                    Could not agree more but maybe MEL travellers are just too loyal. We have only one QF and one JQ flight a day to SIN versus two QF, a BA and a JQ via DWN from SYD - so much for 'Australia's airline'.

As many of the SQ flights are full of passengers flying to north Asia or the Sub-Continent, SQ has a ready market without having to try too hard or provide loyalty as far as aircraft type is concerned.

Europe bound travellers have more options with four gulf-based airlines servicing MEL but SQ seems like the favourite for many Asian bound passengers, despite TG, MH, GA, CX and several Chinese airlines servicing MEL. Passengers heading to the Sub-Continet have less options as only SQ, TG and MH provide convenient connections as far as I know.

SQ also made the decision last year to use the 380 for the mid-morning departure out of MEL SQ238 rather than have stay idle all day until the traditional European departure time of 1600 with SQ228. SQ238 now serviced by a 744; not the ideal service for a business passenger although you cannot get an economy seat on any of the three services anytime during January so SQ do not really have to worry.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                      SQ Press Release

http://www.singaporeair.com/jsp/cms/...s/ne111219.jsp

Similarly, LH is also reducing MUC-SIN-CGK come S12 from daily to 5/week
                      so soon SIN-CGK will only 5x/week?
                      visit my blog

Comment

Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
                        so soon SIN-CGK will only 5x/week?
                        Presumably since the MUC-SIN sector is reduced.

Comment

Great to see ADL getting an increase. The extra capacity is definitely needed. QF has pretty much deserted ADL and JQ is non-existent so great to see SQ stepping up the ante.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                            Yeah, that was always a very strong rumour. I just read an article reporting on IATA data that claimed many business travellers were moving to the economy section on Europe-Asia flights.

Given SQ's decision to go all business on the upper deck, maybe right now isn't the best time to flood the SIN-LHR market with another 100 business seats a day!

Bad timing again for sq? Last time they converted the a345 to become all biz class then financial crisis. Now after converting all upper deck into biz now demand in biz is weaker
                            visit my blog

Comment

The Singapore - Munich - Manchester route loses Wedneday's service.

Changes now loaded. At least in Expertflyer.

Comment

Working...
                              X